Post a reply

Match 13

Poll ended at 08 Sep 2020

Mark Selby 17-15 Ding Junhui, World Championship 2017 (7)
31%
Neil Robertson 10-9 Judd Trump, Champion of Champions 2019 (26)
69%

Total votes : 16

Re: Pink Ball's top matches: last 32, match 13

Postby Pink Ball

The Robbo-Trump match was fantastic, exceptionally high standard, but it will be bucking ridiculous if it wins this pairing. Selby-Ding was jaw-droppingly brilliant on all fronts over four sessions: break-building AND tactical play (we went 17 minutes without an attempt at a pot at one stage, for buck sake. Then there was a century when someone got in).

Would be a huge fuck-up by our voters if they let the fact Selby won it get in the way.

Postby Juddernaut88

Wish I could vote for neither as both are painful results lol.
In 2017 as soon as Judd went out first round I was fully behind Ding Junhui, I was gutted Ding didn't win it the previous year, when he beat Ronnie in the quarter final in 2017 I thought he's going to do this now. Then against Selby Ding was always a few frames behind and in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th session I don't think Ding could ever take the lead.
Regarding the champions of champions final I was there and I was so gutted, it was not great at all either driving home around 23:30 in the pouring rain knowing I would have to be up 6 and half hours later and in a foul mood. I didn't sleep very well either of course. Of course for Neil Robertson fans and for the neutral it would be deemed as an excellent match.

Postby Iranu

No way the Robbo Judd match should beat Selby Ding.

You could make a good case that Selby’s been involved in the two best ever World semi finals.

Postby Pink Ball

Iranu wrote:No way the Robbo Judd match should beat Selby Ding.

You could make a good case that Selby’s been involved in the two best ever World semi finals.

And people are voting for Robertson-Trump anyway. “iT wAs ReCeNt AnD hAd LoAdZ oF cEnTuRiEz,, wOoOo”

Postby Pink Ball

Pink Ball wrote:The Robbo-Trump match was fantastic, exceptionally high standard, but it will be bucking ridiculous if it wins this pairing. Selby-Ding was jaw-droppingly brilliant on all fronts over four sessions: break-building AND tactical play (we went 17 minutes without an attempt at a pot at one stage, for buck sake. Then there was a century when someone got in).

Would be a huge fuck-up by our voters if they let the fact Selby won it get in the way.

Ridiculous result incoming.

Postby Ck147

Pink Ball wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:The Robbo-Trump match was fantastic, exceptionally high standard, but it will be bucking ridiculous if it wins this pairing. Selby-Ding was jaw-droppingly brilliant on all fronts over four sessions: break-building AND tactical play (we went 17 minutes without an attempt at a pot at one stage, for buck sake. Then there was a century when someone got in).

Ridiculous result incoming.

Oops, I just bucked up...lol