Post a reply

BetVictor Championship League Stage one !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Sunday 13th- Thursday 14th of September
and
Monday 28th September- Monday 5th of October

at The Ballroom, Stadium MK, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire

Championship league Mark 3 of 2020 the year from hell and now its a Ranking Tournament all players on tour are free to enter but not all have entered but 121 have meaning theres room for 7 Q School top ups that includes former Indian Open Champion Michael White.

World Number one Judd Trump and World Champion Ronnie O'Sullivan leading the Charge for the title.

Theress room for 32 Players in the next stage who will they be?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Matchroom Multi Sport Championship League Stage one !!

Postby Wildey

Ranking Points Allocation

Winner £33,000
Runner Up £23,000
3rd stage no 2 £11,000
3rd stage no 3 £9,000
3rd stage no 4 £8,000---Last 8
2nd Stage no 2 £6,000
2nd Stage no 3 £5,000
2nd stage no 4 £4,000---Last 32
1st Stage no 2 £2,000
1st stage no 3 £1,000
1st stage no 4 £0----Last 128

Postby Ck147

Juddernaut88 wrote:I miss the days when Sky Sports used to show Snooker. That just never happens these days :(

That's all we need, another sport disappearing behind a pay wall. If it would make them money it would have already have happened.

Postby McManusFan

Ck147 wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:I miss the days when Sky Sports used to show Snooker. That just never happens these days :(

That's all we need, another sport disappearing behind a pay wall. If it would make them money it would have already have happened.

:goodpost:

The BBC gets a lot of stick over it's coverage, but at least it's free for everyone in the UK and, unlike ITV, has table choice.

Postby SnookerFan

McManusFan wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

The BBC gets a lot of stick over it's coverage, but at least it's free for everyone in the UK and, unlike ITV, has table choice.

I do think it's important for the sport to say on Freeview, especially a big channel like the BBC. It helps bring in new fans, which the sport will always need.

Even if the commentators are predominantly clueless.

Postby lhpirnie

SnookerFan wrote:
McManusFan wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

I do think it's important for the sport to say on Freeview, especially a big channel like the BBC. It helps bring in new fans, which the sport will always need.

Even if the commentators are predominantly clueless.

Yes, but most of the time they are talking about the 1980's, which probably costs them new fans as well. When I was a kid, if all they were talking about was the great rivalry between Fred Davis and Walter Donaldson, and how Joe Davis can never be bettered, I'd probably have been put off by that.

Postby chengdufan

Acé wrote:EUROPEAN MASTERS STARTS TOO WHERE IS THE THREAD FOR THAT

Championship League starts on the 13th.
European Masters not until the 21st. Don't think the draw is even out yet.

Postby Wildey

This is a very strange competition its 21 days long with the first 16 days consisting of group stage 1

This is the ultimate definition of a slow burner honest to god cant see a broadcaster putting this on from start.

Possibly the final 5 days could be televised end of October but i think the first section could be on Eurosport Player or Matchroom.live

Postby lhpirnie

Wildey wrote:This is a very strange competition its 21 days long with the first 16 days consisting of group stage 1

This is the ultimate definition of a slow burner honest to god cant see a broadcaster putting this on from start.

Possibly the final 5 days could be televised end of October but i think the first section could be on Eurosport Player or Matchroom.live

Yes, it's just there to cover up gaps in the schedule, hopefully latch on to any new audience gained during the WC. If a broadcaster doesn't show it, then hopefully it will be available online somehow.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:Why am I not excited by this event?

Because it's a crap format, that's barely receiving any television time?

Much better format than the old one now when your out your out.

But still its not a ranking tournament format but then again in Barry Hearns mind marbles might get ranking status after all he's lost some with some decisions he makes

Re: BetVictor Championship League Stage one !!

Postby Iranu

With the uncertainty of the world at the moment and the fact that tournaments could feasibly be called off at short notice, or large numbers of players unable to enter various countries etc, I can actually get behind the CL being a ranking tournament this season. It’s like a safety net if the world goes to rubbish again.

Hopefully it won’t be one beyond this season.