Post a reply

Match one

Poll ended at 08 Sep 2020

Dennis Taylor 18-17 Steve Davis, 1985 World Championship (1)
83%
Barry Hawkins 13-12 Neil Robertson, 2015 World Championship (32)
17%

Total votes : 12

Pink Ball's top matches: last 32, match one

Postby Pink Ball

Inspired by some of the competitions I've seen Iranu run in the past, I've decided to put the top 32 matches from my annual 125 list into a knockout competition.

Here's the opening match of the tournament. The poll will remain open for 72 hours.

Dennis Taylor 18-17 Steve Davis, 1985 World Championship (1)

VERSUS

Barry Hawkins 13-12 Neil Robertson, 2015 World Championship (32)

Re: Pink Ball's top matches: last 32, match one

Postby Ck147

Iranu wrote:buck everyone who’s participating in this competition but not my Funniest Moments one.

Yeah bit disrespectful, thought he'd wait until your new deadline before starting a new one.

Postby Pink Ball

Ck147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:buck everyone who’s participating in this competition but not my Funniest Moments one.

Yeah bit disrespectful, thought he'd wait until your new deadline before starting a new one.

Oh buck off. I was the very first person to vote in Iranu's competition, and I think it deserved far more support than it has got.

Postby Iranu

Holden Chinaski wrote:

<ok>

I really don't get why the Funniest Moments one wasn't popular.

Several people seemed to be in favour of making it a seasonal thing but when the time came...

Postby Pink Ball

Iranu wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

<ok>

Several people seemed to be in favour of making it a seasonal thing but when the time came...

It's impossible to get people to vote on something when they've to type out a vote instead of clicking. trumpers.

Postby Ck147

Pink Ball wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

Oh buck off. I was the very first person to vote in Iranu's competition, and I think it deserved far more support than it has got.

Yes you were, but any need to trample over the guys grave before his new deadline?

Postby Ck147

Pink Ball wrote:I'm not trampling on his grave. People can participate in more than one thing.

Leaving it a week wouldn't have hurt, so people could focus on Iranu's comp. But tbf, don't think it would have made too much difference, people seem to prefer voting on snooker matches rather than who is the funnier forum member....who would have thunk it?

Postby Iranu

Ck147 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

Yes you were, but any need to trample over the guys grave before his new deadline?

Says the guy who gave two nominations without declaring an order.

If Pink Ball’s trampling on my grave, you’re one of the people who killed me.

Postby Pink Ball

Easy decision this one. Hawkins-Robertson may have been the better-quality match, but it shouldn't stand a chance against the most iconic match of them all.

The only chance the number-32 seed has here against the top see is if people, understandably, lash back against the amound of dawdling the BBC have over the 1985 final. But that shouldn't influence people's vote, in my opinion.

Postby Ck147

Iranu wrote:
Ck147 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

Says the guy who gave two nominations without declaring an order.

If Pink Ball’s trampling on my grave, you’re one of the people who killed me.

I then gave my 5 nominations soon after, and stop being so dramatic

Postby Cloud Strife

Pink Ball wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

<ok>

It's impossible to get people to vote on something when they've to type out a vote instead of clicking. trumpers.

Yeah this place is full of lazy chameleons.