Topic locked

Players Tour Championship Event 6!!!!!!!!!

Postby Wildey

From The Academy in Sheffield

Qualifying Day Thursday 14th of October

Tournament Proper 15th ~ 17th of October

The PTC Series Continues With PTC 6 the final event at the Academy.

With 7 Winners of the 7 Event so far its open to anyone to make their Mark.

Ding Junhui is the latest winner but unfortunately he is unable to qualify for the finals due to missing 4 Events but he is Back this Week with Ranking points and Money to be earn.

also playing Neil Robertson,Stephen Hendry,Mark Selby,Shaun Murphy,Steve Davis,Mark Williams and Ronnie O'Sullivan.

Ronnie has to enter this event or he also wont be eligible for the Finals

Draw

Format

Some Interesting Last 128 Matches

Mark King v Greame Dott
Stephen Maguire v Ken Doherty
Liang Wenbo v James Wattana
Mathew Stevens v Stephen Hendry
Mark Williams v Ali Carter

Top 5 PTC Order of Merit

1 Barry Pinches 17,100
2 Mark Williams 16,400
3 Mark Selby 15,500
4 Judd Trump 14,100
5 Shaun Murphy 13,500

Re: Players Tour Championship Event 6!!!!!!!!!

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Carter vs Williams :? Is this a random draw then or was one of them a late entrant ?

top 64 on this list http://www.global-snooker.com/rankings- ... season.asp at the time of the draw gets a seeding position then the rest are drawn to meet the top 64 as you can see Carter is in the 80s.

Postby Witz78

i think it should have only been compulsary for players to play at least half the EPTC events. Is it really vital they attend half the events in the cubicles? If they earn enough to make the top 24 and have played at least 3 events abroad then that would be good enough for me.

Though with ranking points and money to be earned, and having previously moaned about lack of playing opportunities, without a genuine reason im dissapointed at any players chosing to miss ANY of the 12 PTC events.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Ah ok cheers, didn't know it was only PTC seedings and not world-rankings.

PTC Seedings is what has really cocked up Hendry in particular .....

now every time hes entered PTC hes getting drawn against in form players in the PTC.

had he come in PTC 1 when seeding was on World Ranking he could have had a good draw to get started and ender up in the top 64 getting nobodies like the likes of Jimmy Getting first off.

nobody to blame but himself though <doh>

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:i think it should have only been compulsary for players to play at least half the EPTC events. Is it really vital they attend half the events in the cubicles? If they earn enough to make the top 24 and have played at least 3 events abroad then that would be good enough for me.

Though with ranking points and money to be earned, and having previously moaned about lack of playing opportunities, without a genuine reason im dissapointed at any players chosing to miss ANY of the 12 PTC events.

i think it should have been 4 EPTC to 2 PTC that way you play compulsory 6 Events but also every event would then be there slap bang in the season after both shanghai and World Open so had he not got a visa for the required PTC he couldn't play the World Open or Prem League either.

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:Ah ok cheers, didn't know it was only PTC seedings and not world-rankings.

PTC Seedings is what has really cocked up Hendry in particular .....

now every time hes entered PTC hes getting drawn against in form players in the PTC.

had he come in PTC 1 when seeding was on World Ranking he could have had a good draw to get started and ender up in the top 64 getting nobodies like the likes of Jimmy Getting first off.

nobody to blame but himself though <doh>

i tend to think the PTC draws should just be random full stop <ok>

then again thered no doubt be a few players who would continually get tough draws cos of the law of averages and people would think something fishy was going on behind closed doors :john:

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Witz78 wrote:i think it should have only been compulsary for players to play at least half the EPTC events. Is it really vital they attend half the events in the cubicles? If they earn enough to make the top 24 and have played at least 3 events abroad then that would be good enough for me.

i think it should have been 4 EPTC to 2 PTC that way you play compulsory 6 Events but also every event would then be there slap bang in the season after both shanghai and World Open so had he not got a visa for the required PTC he couldn't play the World Open or Prem League either.

its strange how Ding couldnt get a visa sorted considering hes based in the UK (Sheffield is it?) a lot of the year anyway! Also the fact that so many lesser Chinese and even amateur foreign players had no problem.

In some ways now i think about, i cant help but think that his people (110sport) should have been in control and not allowed the situation to happen.

Then again some people might think they deliberatly allowed this to happen cos they knew Ding would make the top 24 and cause the WPSBA headache rofl

Postby Wildey

i dont mind how it works it is random in a way you got Allan Taylor and Michael Wasley as seeds and if say Carter got Lucky with the Draw he could get them.

Postby vodkadiet

I know these PTC events are better than nothing,but for me they are just glorified practice sessions. What is the point in having them if no one can watch them?

Postby Wildey

vodkadiet wrote:I know these PTC events are better than nothing,but for me they are just glorified practice sessions. What is the point in having them if no one can watch them?

agree we need to get some cameras there...but by all accounts that's being done and EPTC4 will be played in paul mount academy in Gloucester which will be streamed online ....Live scoring got to be better than the tripe this weekend .

but for players its massive Martin Gould Provisional 21 and Andrew Higginson 24 ....they got some incentive now down the Rankings to get better sooner.

Postby Wildey

thetubberlad wrote:And it's a far fairer reflection. I'd nearly put Martin Gould top sixteen right now.

no you cant just put them there lol

they got to earn it on the table...play the matches win and get points and Martin is Getting there extreamly well and at this rate he has a genuine chance to be seeded at the Crucible.

Postby Wildey

case_master wrote:Hendry v Steven's again?

yes

Not Good playing Players of Stevens Quality in Events he has no Motivation for...

Postby Casey

Bourne wrote:Even if he's not seeded at the Crucible there is not going to be anyone who wants to play him R1

Nope, at the minute he would be the hardest first round draw.

Postby Wildey

looking at the Rankings i think Stephen got enough points in the bank to stay top 16 for the World if he can win 1 or 2 Matches in UK,German Masters and Welsh.

the problem for Stephen will come when the points for 2009 World and China Open Quarter Finals gets taken away.

Postby Casey

wildJONESEYE wrote:looking at the Rankings i think Stephen got enough points in the bank to stay top 16 for the World if he can win 1 or 2 Matches in UK,German Masters and Welsh.

the problem for Stephen will come when the points for 2009 World and China Open Quarter Finals gets taken away.

2008 World Championship you mean. He will struggle to qualify for next seasons UK.

Postby Bourne

Just when Hendry looks to be getting himself in a whole in the ranking system, he always seems to manage to pull out a performance out of nowhere and save himself, I can see him staying top 16 for a good while yet tbh

Postby Casey

Bourne wrote:Just when Hendry looks to be getting himself in a whole in the ranking system, he always seems to manage to pull out a performance out of nowhere and save himself, I can see him staying top 16 for a good while yet tbh

GOAT :ahh:

It will be interesting to see if he does any work for the BBC at the UK, this will tell us a bit about his priorities.

Postby Bourne

Do you think if he does do some analysis work again then it'll be the start of the end ? Maybe he is very comfortable doing something else with his time and keeping him occupied outside of match time so it improves his state of mind, and I think he can learn a lot more from analysising other players in a match this way than he would on TV <ok>

Postby Casey

It depends on when he does the work for the BBC (if any). If he hangs around after the event to work for them its a massive change in mindset for him, a few years back he would have sulked for a long time after losing.

Postby Bourne

Yeh I think he did a bit during and after at the World Open didn't he ... if he does lose early UK then when is the next tournament for him, is it the ChampLeague or is there something before Christmas ? :chin:

Postby Casey

Bourne wrote:Yeh I think he did a bit during and after at the World Open didn't he ... if he does lose early UK then when is the next tournament for him, is it the ChampLeague or is there something before Christmas ? :chin:

Championship league or Masters.

Postby Wildey

case_master wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:looking at the Rankings i think Stephen got enough points in the bank to stay top 16 for the World if he can win 1 or 2 Matches in UK,German Masters and Welsh.

2008 World Championship you mean. He will struggle to qualify for next seasons UK.

no 2009

After WC 2011 NEXT YEAR the Points John Higgins got for 2009 WC and China Open Runner up 2009 Will be taken Off same with Hendry's Q/F in both events.