Post a reply

Re: Hearn said there would be 128 players next season but...

Postby chengdufan

Ronnie79 wrote:I make it 127. Top 64 + 29 two year card holders = 93. 8 on the one year list = 101. 16 from QSchool = 117. Jimmy = 118. 2 Challenge Tour = 120. 2 CBSA = 122. 2 EBSA = 124. 1 Americas = 125. 1 Oceania = 126 and 1 African = 127. Who am I missing ?.

It was 3 from the challenge tour, rather than 2:
Sargeant, Grace, and Mann.

Postby Ronnie79

chengdufan wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:I make it 127. Top 64 + 29 two year card holders = 93. 8 on the one year list = 101. 16 from QSchool = 117. Jimmy = 118. 2 Challenge Tour = 120. 2 CBSA = 122. 2 EBSA = 124. 1 Americas = 125. 1 Oceania = 126 and 1 African = 127. Who am I missing ?.

I sent that post a year and a half ago good man on replying now. It was 127 when I wrote the post. Strangest reply time ever wtf.

Postby SnookerFan

Ronnie79 wrote:
chengdufan wrote:

I sent that post a year and a half ago good man on replying now. It was 127 when I wrote the post. Strangest reply time ever wtf.

rofl

Postby HustleKing

Ronnie79 wrote:
chengdufan wrote:

At least someone else other than me, is getting royally peed off with this guy reviving dead threads. Surprised the mods allow this, but I guess as long as they do, this will keep happening so no real point in compaining

Postby Iranu

HustleKing wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:
chengdufan wrote:

At least someone else other than me, is getting royally peed off with this guy reviving dead threads. Surprised the mods allow this, but I guess as long as they do, this will keep happening so no real point in compaining

Why on earth would you be royally peed off by something so trivial?

He ‘s already said he’s going back to old threads he’s missed as he had a lot that were marked unread. What exactly’s the problem?

You’d only get annoyed if he’d posted new threads about the same topics :roll: so your opinion is: no repeated threads, and no reviving of threads?

It’s not like the site’s teeming with activity at the moment.

What a strange thing to be upset about.

Postby HustleKing

I would say my opinion is there should be repeated threads, but with some substantial level of new material or new perspectives of looking at things and some revived threads can be revived that still have some relevance and are not outdated like the "Messi vs. Ronaldo" thread.

There's a reason many other forums lock old threads, you know. Anyway, I won't lose too much sleep if this forum allows bumping to your hearts content, it's just a bit silly imo

Postby Iranu

HustleKing wrote:I would say my opinion is there should be repeated threads, but with some substantial level of new material or new perspectives of looking at things and some revived threads can be revived that still have some relevance and are not outdated like the "Messi vs. Ronaldo" thread.

There's a reason many other forums lock old threads, you know. Anyway, I won't lose too much sleep if this forum allows bumping to your hearts content, it's just a bit silly imo

Fair enough, but from what I’ve seen Chengdufan hasn’t been bumping old threads for the sake of it. Even this thread he was the only person to actually answer the query. I still don’t see the problem.

Postby chengdufan

HustleKing wrote:I would say my opinion is there should be repeated threads, but with some substantial level of new material or new perspectives of looking at things and some revived threads can be revived that still have some relevance and are not outdated like the "Messi vs. Ronaldo" thread.

I can see why bumping old threads may be annoying sometimes. Thanks for pointing that out.

I bumped this one because I'm a bit of a stats nerd and couldn't bear it that this question hadn't been answered. I was genuinely intrigued by it as I knew there had been 128 on tour last year and wanted to find out the answer. I added another post about the makeup of the tour this year to make it more relevant. I thought too that it was interesting to compare the different ways players have been able to become professional each year. Many may assume that the number of new pros, and the criteria for becoming pro each year are the same, when in fact they are very different.
I thought the Messi thread was relevant because he'd just announced he was leaving Barcelona.

On a practical note, you can check the date a thread was started before you open it. I'd suggest not opening the old threads if you find it annoying.
There's also an option to mark threads as 'read'. I haven't tried it but that may help.
You can also block me if you like!

Postby HustleKing

It's cool dude, a good few of your thread revivals have been relevant just 2 or 3 that a bit puzzling, they all seem to be within the last 18 months or so and I like your general opinions, so don't want to block you.

Now if you were reviving threads that were close to 10 years old by the time of the latest post, that would be an issue (I've been on various forums enough to see idiots who reply to 12 year old comments by users who haven't been active in a similarly lengthy period of time :roll: )

Postby The_Abbott

HustleKing wrote:It's cool dude, a good few of your thread revivals have been relevant just 2 or 3 that a bit puzzling, they all seem to be within the last 18 months or so and I like your general opinions, so don't want to block you.

Now if you were reviving threads that were close to 10 years old by the time of the latest post, that would be an issue (I've been on various forums enough to see idiots who reply to 12 year old comments by users who haven't been active in a similarly lengthy period of time :roll: )

Geez Co-Vid, Brexit, bumped old threads. A lot going on in the world at the moment to worry about :chin:

Postby SnookerFan

The_Abbott wrote:
HustleKing wrote:It's cool dude, a good few of your thread revivals have been relevant just 2 or 3 that a bit puzzling, they all seem to be within the last 18 months or so and I like your general opinions, so don't want to block you.

Geez Co-Vid, Brexit, bumped old threads. A lot going on in the world at the moment to worry about :chin:

Surely bumping an old thread is the worst of all crimes?