Post a reply

Re: updated world rankings.

Postby PLtheRef

Does this need a brand new topic thread for every update? It's great to have the Google spreadsheet with the updated rankings on but just have a single topic for the season and add to it rather than spamming this part of the forum with every weekly or monthly change.

We have had 18 threads on the exactly the same topic in just over a year!

Postby csprince

PLtheRef wrote:Does this need a brand new topic thread for every update? It's great to have the Google spreadsheet with the updated rankings on but just have a single topic for the season and add to it rather than spamming this part of the forum with every weekly or monthly change.

i'll keep this short i was updating the rankings after each event given that there are 20 or so tournaments per season the lists after the worlds took me 12 hours to do. the lists yesterday took around 4 hours given there were no points being added.to then be told that i'm spamming this part of the forum i won't bother anymore.

Postby The_Abbott

this is classed as spamming?

I like seeing data about snooker

There are a lot of drivel on this forum at times that could be classed as spamming

Keep it up csprince!

Postby SnookerEd25

CSP, only one poster called it 'spamming' which is ridiculous considering some of the threads on here (!); I have always looked through these with interest and thank you for taking the time to do them - I had no idea it would be such a time-consuming job; given that, I'm even more grateful to you for doing them :clap: :clap: :clap:

Postby Iranu

PLtheRef wrote:Does this need a brand new topic thread for every update? It's great to have the Google spreadsheet with the updated rankings on but just have a single topic for the season and add to it rather than spamming this part of the forum with every weekly or monthly change.

Why does it matter? Also I don’t really think it’s spamming, it’s not like it’s useless information.

Postby Juddernaut88

I think it's very useful information, I always like to know what the rankings are after a tournament, some of the websites don't take into consideration points being taken off from 2 years ago straight away.
So I really appreciate the hard work csprince puts into this.

Postby HappyCamper

i don't think he's saying don't post the list - they're good data. maybe just have the updates all in a single thread, so they're easier to find and that.

Postby PLtheRef

HappyCamper wrote:i don't think he's saying don't post the list - they're good data. maybe just have the updates all in a single thread, so they're easier to find and that.

This is my point.

I appreciate the time and work which CSPrince puts into the spreadsheets and like others on here I'm one who enjoys the stats and data and would hope that CSPrince continues with them.

I still don't see the need for a new thread for every update though. A single 2020/21 updated World rankings thread with all of the updates would suffice. Fairly sure the mods would sticky such a post too. Just my opinion though.