Post a reply

Re: Ken Doherty awarded tour card

Postby GeF

chengdufan wrote:So Jimmy and Ken.
Is Wattana still on?

No.

Doherty and Wattana were awarded a tour card in the same time.
Both ends their 2 years cards after Worlds, but there is only one Wild Card available.

Postby cupotee

What was the reason for giving ashley carty and jamie clarke tour cards when the world final ended on 16th august and the new season starts on the 13th september , so they had 27 days to run a q school before the new season starts but ran it instead between august 3rd and 9th when they couldn’t even get the q school scores up because the wsc took up all the bandwidth ( what i heard anyway ) .

Postby cupotee

john parrott seems to be the only big name player who never took or asked for an invitational card , respect to the toffeeman , better commentator than doherty too .

Postby SnookerFan

cupotee wrote:john parrott seems to be the only big name player who never took or asked for an invitational card , respect to the toffeeman , better commentator than doherty too .

Parrott ain't a better commentator than many, let's be honest.

Postby cupotee

SnookerFan wrote:
cupotee wrote:john parrott seems to be the only big name player who never took or asked for an invitational card , respect to the toffeeman , better commentator than doherty too .

well he called the i think higgins maflin match really well , was complaints on that other place about farrer but i couldn't care less as parrott covered it well , i find doherty really boring in comparison , yeah yeah ya know insert obvious statement here , toity tree , ya know .

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:

Parrott & DT in thebox together during the WC was agonising; if they were on a match I particularly wanted to see, I had to watch it on mute. They bring out the worst in each other.

They may as well have had those big hair-dryers over their heads :irk:

Postby Wildey

NO

Must have been a mistake

Thought Tony Knowles would get it :sad:

Postby HustleKing

Dan-cat wrote:If you can't cut the mustard you can still lick the jar.

Form is temporary, class is "permanent" :roll:

Postby SteveJJ

I suppose more understandable than the wildcard given to Stefanow. All he seemed to have to do was threaten to give up the game whilst an amateur having not been good enough to qualify for the pro game

Postby SteveJJ

Hendry rejected his wildcard.

Parrott has accepted wildcards to qualifying for the world championships when that was a thing.

Postby HustleKing

gallantrabbit wrote:All ex world champs should have the right plus Doherty is a fantastic ambassador for snooker.

So Dennis can just stroll up to Hearn and say "let me play" and he gets a tour card, despite the fact he's can't make a break over 30 anymore

Postby SteveJJ

GeF wrote:
chengdufan wrote:So Jimmy and Ken.
Is Wattana still on?

No.

Doherty and Wattana were awarded a tour card in the same time.
Both ends their 2 years cards after Worlds, but there is only one Wild Card available.

#justiceforwattana

Postby Andre147

He quit playing on the pro tour for good, he isn't interested.

Postby Wildey

gallantrabbit wrote:All ex world champs should have the right plus Doherty is a fantastic ambassador for snooker.

I Agree

bye bye Jimmy <ok>

Postby Wildey

SteveJJ wrote:

Parrott has accepted wildcards to qualifying for the world championships when that was a thing.

Hendry quit at WN 21 he did not play the entire 2012/2013 season and ended it WN 55 so it seemed strange that he was offered one just a year later

He could have come back if he wanted at WN 55 after a year out contemplating well in the top 64, and he didn't so it was strange giving him a jimmy card.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:

Hendry quit at WN 21 he did not play the entire 2012/2013 season and ended it WN 55 so it seemed strange that he was offered one just a year later

He could have come back if he wanted at WN 55 after a year out contemplating well in the top 64, and he didn't so it was strange giving him a jimmy card.

Jimmy card? rofl