Post a reply

Barry Hearn

Postby Holden Chinaski

I might be wrong, but I think we haven't seen or heard from Hearn since Ronnie won? Isn't that strange? I expected him to be there at the end of the final, or at least make a statement later?

Re: Barry Hearn

Postby Dannyboy

He announced that Betfred would remain title sponsors for at least the next two years.

And a couple of articles in the Metro...

https://metro.co.uk/2020/08/17/barry-he ... -13138883/

‘When I got an award off the Royal Family, Prince Philip said to me, “You play snooker? It’s the Crucible isn’t it?” ‘He doesn’t know me. He probably thought, “Who’s this f***ing piece of s*** in my house?” But he knows about the Crucible.

Maybe there isn't anything more that needs to be said. We're hardly in the economic situation that can promote big expansions right now - it's difficult enough to get the tournaments on as they are.
Last edited by Dannyboy on 18 Aug 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

Have to agree with Hearn here.

Postby Wildey

Holden Chinaski wrote:I might be wrong, but I think we haven't seen or heard from Hearn since Ronnie won? Isn't that strange? I expected him to be there at the end of the final, or at least make a statement later?

There was no presentation party Rob Walker told Ronnie to pick up the trophy and that was it.

I Find it strange and baffling pictures coming from the seniors at the weekend where Rob Walker had his arms round Ken and Jimmy and in the distance Michaela Tabb was kissing someone looked like Jason Ferguson, and yet they can't present the trophy to someone they can't share bloody rests and if a player sit in the wrong chair they sanitize it

Postby Holden Chinaski

Wildey wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:I might be wrong, but I think we haven't seen or heard from Hearn since Ronnie won? Isn't that strange? I expected him to be there at the end of the final, or at least make a statement later?

There was no presentation party Rob Walker told Ronnie to pick up the trophy and that was it.

I Find it strange and baffling pictures coming from the seniors at the weekend where Rob Walker had his arms round Ken and Jimmy and in the distance Michaela Tabb was kissing someone looked like Jason Ferguson, and yet they can't present the trophy to someone they can't share bloody rests and if a player sit in the wrong chair they sanitize it

I think they were careful with the World Championship because so many people watch it worldwide. They don't want negative headlines in the papers.

Postby Wildey

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Wildey wrote:

I think they were careful with the World Championship because so many people watch it worldwide. They don't want negative headlines in the papers.

Yea but we still got social distance, and they were still sanitizing everything in the seniors. its sort of double standards

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:Yea but we still got social distance, and they were still sanitizing everything in the seniors. its sort of double standards

You have a point.

Part of the problem is the wishy washy rules that the government have in place for what you're allowed to do and what you're not allowed to do.

But you'd think they'd use some common sense in these instances, as well.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:Yea but we still got social distance, and they were still sanitizing everything in the seniors. its sort of double standards

You have a point.

Part of the problem is the wishy washy rules that the government have in place for what you're allowed to do and what you're not allowed to do.

Thats exactly it even now you are allowed to see people in England even stay overnight but still stay meter and a bit apart how many people actually know that?

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

You have a point.

Thats exactly it even now you are allowed to see people in England even stay overnight but still stay meter and a bit apart how many people actually know that?

The other one that gets me is that, you're allowed to see people from any numbers of households, but not at the same time.

So, for example, a man who lived with his wife and kids could go and visit a sibling in a second house, and then straight after go and visit his parents in a third house. He would not be allowed to see his sibling and his parents all in one house at the same time, as it would count as three households under one roof.

What the hell is the difference? You can mingle with them, stay the night with them, then go on to see somebody else. But not see them inside at the same time.

I mean, I know the more people in a house, the less chance you've got of keeping the metre apart, but that's tenuous. If you're allowed to spend substantial amount of time in somebody's house, even with the metre rule, there's every chance that you'll catch the coronavirus if they have it anyway.