Post a reply

Re: Will Judd surpass Selby's dominance of the 2010s?

Postby Holden Chinaski

He should, in my opinion. The only real competition he has are 40+ year old guys. If somebody like MJW, Higgins, or Ronnie would be in the position Judd is in now, they would dominate Hendry style. Judd is very lucky to be in this position. The class of 2005 are Judd, Mark Allen, and Gary Wilson. rofl Judd is obviously a very talented player, so he should have been dominating already. But he had to wait for the class of '92 to grow old, for Selby to leave his prime, and for laser eye surgery. Now's his time to shine.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Pink Ball wrote:I think Judd will dominate the decade. Selby didn’t dominate the ‘10s. He was the best of the decade, but only marginally from O’Sullivan.

I agree but I meant in terms of being World Number 1 which Selby seemed to hold most of the second half of the decade.

Postby chengdufan

If he can return to the UK, Zhao Xintong will be in the top 16 by the end of next season, and will challenge Trump for the number 1 spot from late 2023 until the end of the decade.

Postby HustleKing

chengdufan wrote:If he can return to the UK, Zhao Xintong will be in the top 16 by the end of next season, and will challenge Trump for the number 1 spot from late 2023 until the end of the decade.

At this point you would be better off not hyping up a Chinese youngster, as they've all been disappointments so far (even Ding, to some extent)

Postby chengdufan

Pink Ball wrote:
chengdufan wrote:If he can return to the UK, Zhao Xintong will be in the top 16 by the end of next season, and will challenge Trump for the number 1 spot from late 2023 until the end of the decade.

Zhao is nowhere near as good as Yan.

That was true as recently as a year ago. Not any more though.

Postby Pink Ball

chengdufan wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Yes it is.

Postby HappyCamper

zhao xintong's performances have been pretty consistent since getting his tour card back at q school.

he's about to lose the points form hiss semi final run in guangzhou so top 16 i think might be a stretch in the immediate future. but he's not far from becoming a last-16/quarter final regular.

Postby Pink Ball

HappyCamper wrote:zhao xintong's performances have been pretty consistent since getting his tour card back at q school.

he's about to lose the points form hiss semi final run in guangzhou so top 16 i think might be a stretch in the immediate future. but he's not far from becoming a last-16/quarter final regular.

I think he could become that in the next two years, but Yan Bingtao, who's younger anyway, is already doing that.

Postby Dragonfly

Trump is obviously an outstanding player. It will be interesting to see how well he will do in the next few years.

He clearly has an abundance of talent. But is still prone to unexpected defeats. And Wilson seems to put the fear of God into him for some reason. Selby will be a huge obstacle in his way for some time to come as well.

Postby Pink Ball

Dragonfly wrote:Trump is obviously an outstanding player. It will be interesting to see how well he will do in the next few years.

He clearly has an abundance of talent. But is still prone to unexpected defeats. And Wilson seems to put the fear of God into him for some reason. Selby will be a huge obstacle in his way for some time to come as well.

I'm not sure that he will, to be honest. Selby doesn't seem to have any grasp on Trump at all.

Postby Dragonfly

Pink Ball wrote:
Dragonfly wrote:Trump is obviously an outstanding player. It will be interesting to see how well he will do in the next few years.

I'm not sure that he will, to be honest. Selby doesn't seem to have any grasp on Trump at all.

Selby was a bit of a sleeping giant I feel. He is going to be around a very long time and is far from finished

Postby Juddernaut88

Dragonfly wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Selby was a bit of a sleeping giant I feel. He is going to be around a very long time and is far from finished

Selby has never beaten Judd Trump in a multi-session match or even a best of 11, Judd Trump always beats him convincingly in these sort of matches. Hopefully that will still continue! It's just a question of whether Judd Trump can keep up his consistency in the upcoming seasons.

Postby TheRocket

Trump at his best is too much for Selby. He overpowers/outscores him comfortably. Trump has the long game which often was Ronnies weakness in the matches against Selby and he isnt bad in the scrappy frames either.

The results speak for itself. 5:0 H2H for Trump in the bo11 or longer matches and Selby in fact couldnt even push him or make it close.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Badsnookerplayer wrote:In terms of World Number 1 Selby was the dominant force from 2010-19.

Judd is in the hot seat right now but will how long will he retain the mantle as best player in the world?

Could he hold it for the whole decade?

Being WN1 doesn't mean jack rubbish.
Being World Champ is far more important.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Pink Ball wrote:

Zhao is far more talented

Postby Johnny Bravo

Dragonfly wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

That boring grinder's reign is already over, and not short enough it was.

Postby SnookerFan

The_Abbott wrote:We haven't had a decade of dominance since the 1990's. Can Judd win 8 titles between 2021-2029?

If anybody is able to, it's Judd.

Though, despite Judd being physically able to, I think it will be difficult.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:We haven't had a decade of dominance since the 1990's. Can Judd win 8 titles between 2021-2029?

Really sticking your neck out there, SF.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Really sticking your neck out there, SF.

<ok>

Postby Johnny Bravo

Nobody can do that. The standard is too high and the gap between top players is too small. If Judd has an off day, he loses the match.

Postby Andre147

Johnny Bravo wrote:

Nobody can do that. The standard is too high and the gap between top players is too small. If Judd has an off day, he loses the match.

I don't think he was being serious.

Postby chengdufan

Pink Ball wrote:
chengdufan wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Yes it is.

:chin: