Post a reply

Mark King

Postby Dragonfly

I must say I do enjoy watching Mark King play. Ok, so you are never going to get frame after frame of fluent break building. There are plenty of better players about.

But he's certainly not boring or robotic. He puts his heart and soul into every shot. I was glad when he eventually won a ranking event a few years ago.

Re: Mark King

Postby cupotee

would have played the beloved ronnie if he won the deciding frame vs ding a few weeks ago , good record against the beloved ronster too .

Postby SnookerEd25

I like watching Kingy as well. He’d be high on my list of ‘players I wouldn’t mind having a beer with’ too

Postby shanew48

SnookerEd25 wrote:I like watching Kingy as well. He’d be high on my list of ‘players I wouldn’t mind having a beer with’ too

Don't think he drinks, whatever you do don't bring up the subject of knife crime, bit of a sore subject with him for obvious reasons, basically just avoid all discussion of politics.

Postby CUE CRAFTY

He's battled many Demons, plays Ronnie well and has the heart of a lion against any opponent.
He pushed Ding really hard in the Worlds with a smile on his face..all credit for that.

People do not have a say into which family they are born or which area they grow up in... what you do thereafter defines you.

Postby Ck147

CUE CRAFTY wrote:He's battled many Demons, plays Ronnie well and has the heart of a lion against any opponent.
He pushed Ding really hard in the Worlds with a smile on his face..all credit for that.

People do not have a say into which family they are born or which area they grow up in... what you do thereafter defines you.

“It’s not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.” - Batman

Postby CUE CRAFTY

Ck147 wrote:
CUE CRAFTY wrote:He's battled many Demons, plays Ronnie well and has the heart of a lion against any opponent.

“It’s not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.” - Batman

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become a villain.

Postby SnookerFan

"Decency is everybody's business."

Batman, 1966 series.

Postby CUE CRAFTY

You are all too deep for me....

Postby Ck147

CUE CRAFTY wrote:You are all too deep for me....

Know how you feel, said the same to my missus the other night, I had to tie a plank across my butt so I didn't fall in.

Postby CUE CRAFTY

Ck147 wrote:

Know how you feel, said the same to my missus the other night, I had to tie a plank across my butt so I didn't fall in.

Postby CUE CRAFTY

CUE CRAFTY wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

Lolz.

Postby gallantrabbit

One of the most genuine fellows on tour and I like to see him do well.
Gawd knows how he plays to his level with those two bent legs. I can't believe a better stance wouldn't improve his consistency/game. Don't suppose I'm the first to mention that though.

Postby Starsky27

Mark has played like that since he was a junior at Barking.

For some reason I play the same way with both legs bent. It was different back in 80’s as juniors as there wasn’t the heavy coaching of kids like there is now. Everybody had their own style when learning and some of those habits stuck unless it was coached out at a later date .
I don’t think the stance is that important as long as it’s not affecting you cueing straight.

Postby HappyCamper

i think quite a few taller players generally prefer the both legs bend approach. to lessen the load on the lower back.

i don't think it really matters if you lock the rear leg or not, as long as the stance is comfortable, stable, and consistent for you.