Post a reply

When Ronnie Fans Attack!

Postby mantorok

Ok, not all of these are ronnie fans quotes, but yesterday bought about what was probably the most tense viewing for any ROS fan there has ever been, the biggest showdown since the final in 2014.

We can laugh now, but as usual the island delivers on some outstanding commentary, I've plucked out a few that I just couldn't resist re-posting (sorry Andre you were pretty snake hissed yesterday!).

You just knew Ronnie was gonna miss that.

Selby has that moment and Ronnie cant take fuckig advantage!
Jesus... it's painful to watch

worse than torture

Well done no doubt, making his path much easier to reach the Final

bucking having enough this rubbish already. How can one be positive all the time if he does the majority of times? And the other isnt even playing well

It will be torture until the end I'm afraid

had not much hopes but this is even worse than I thought. Pretty much yesterdays standard.

The way this is bucking going, will likely end 15-9.

Pathetic

Can he win 2 out of the 3 frames?Dont think so.

End this misery and go 15-9 ahead Selby. Wont bother watching this shitfest in the evening

The way that Ronnie is playing is a disgrace. I love the guy but after this match he should just retire. He has slated the younger players on the tour saying they are not good enough. He doesn’t take it seriously and just disrespects the game. If you are not 100 percent playing with your heart then why bother it’s not fair.

I’m off. I can’t take this. Selby has ruined my World Championship and my bucking weekend. I hope he gets bucked in the final

Snooker is a mental game. Unfortunately Ronnies balls shrink to a minimum size when he plays Selby for whatever reason. You look at Selbys standard and its nothing special but in Ronnies head it is.

A pity but thats how it is.

the "best ever" playing like a scared amateur.

Ronnie should honestly quit the "Selby won't be able to win too much if he keeps playing like this because it's exhausting" routine. It's simply not true, and Mark is showing him why.
He's on the threshold of a 4th WSC title and is younger than Ronnie.
He goes quietly about his game and doesn't badmouth his opponents.
And most of all there are absolutely no signs of him slowing down or being content with the titles he's won so far.
At this point I'm not sure Ronnie is a safer bet to reach 6 titles than Selby.

Cant see Ronnie winning 4-1 from now on.

Can't really call this a rivalry anymore.
Selby clearly has Ronnie's number.

A comeback against Selby would be the best thing, after the many he's done against Ronnie.

But it wont happen...

Don't blame him tbh. Writings on the wall.

Game over now can’t see Ronnie winning 4-0 . It maybe end 17-15 Selby now at best.

Yeah Ronnie's interested allright

rofl rofl rofl

I am dont with the sport. Too many frustrating moments lately. I know thats part of the game but investing so many emotions and that a bucking in off spoils everything

Told you this was coming

PATHETIC

Semi final of a World Championship. One hundred grand on the line. And he does that - reckless and moronic.

Ruined a fine match.

Steve Peters should retire

No. He played badly for two sessions, kept himself in touch, found form at exactly the right time, then decided to send nudes to the Queen when he met a minor setback.

He won't win the match from here.

Re: When Ronnie Fans Attack!

Postby Holden Chinaski

Holden Chinaski wrote:Ronnie will win.

Holden Chinaski wrote:Ronnie's got this. Will come back with a vengeance. False lead for Selbo.

Postby mantorok

This performance and victory for Williams, should he go on to get it, will be absolutely meaningless if he doesn't carry on and win the title.

Feel like Selby’s name is written on the trophy this year.

Postby mantorok

Call me negative if you want, but Ronnie won’t win now. He’s once again carried on the pattern since 2014 of losing to one of his former bunnies. Six years since he made the one table setup, and 2014 will prove to be his last. Ronnie is done at the Crucible, it’s fine we all accepted that.

Postby mantorok

That’s it can’t see Ronnie winning 5 frames from the 7 left now. He’s playing like clown.

Postby mantorok

This is just not watchable. The case that MJW will fall over the line comes clearer by each of Ronnie stupids selections

Postby SnookerFan

This is the sort of rubbish we have to read every time Ronnie plays. rofl

I suppose though, it would be equally annoying if they were up his bottom, even when he was playing badly. :shrug:

Postby mantorok

SnookerFan wrote:This is the sort of rubbish we have to read every time Ronnie plays. rofl

I suppose though, it would be equally annoying if they were up his bottom, even when he was playing badly. :shrug:

It's still funny when you read back what people say in the heat of the moment, some of these quotes should be archived to remind people :-)

Postby mantorok

Holden Chinaski wrote:You won't find me posting stuff like that.

I know, I'm still looking for a negative quote from you, none so far! In fact you and Dan may be the only people on this forum to not project negativity when backing ROS.

Postby Holden Chinaski

mantorok wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:You won't find me posting stuff like that.

I know, I'm still looking for a negative quote from you, none so far! In fact you and Dan may be the only people on this forum to not project negativity when backing ROS.

:hatoff:

Postby SnookerFan

mantorok wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:This is the sort of rubbish we have to read every time Ronnie plays. rofl

It's still funny when you read back what people say in the heat of the moment, some of these quotes should be archived to remind people :-)

I tend to find it more annoying than funny. He constantly gets called the GOAT, but his fans just haven't noticed that he's actually a great player.

I mean, like I say, it'd probably be annoying if they constantly harped on that he was awesome after every shot as well. But come on. A little perspective.

Postby McManusFan

To be fair, Ronnie did look really shakey in certain sessions. It would be fine if these sort of comments were limited to those instances, but you get it every time he's playing anything other than his blistering best!

Postby SnookerFan

The Selby match could've gone either way, to be fair.

But there was only a brief few minutes when I thought that he might actually lose. When Selby was in in the decider.

Postby mantorok

SnookerFan wrote:The Selby match could've gone either way, to be fair.

But there was only a brief few minutes when I thought that he might actually lose. When Selby was in in the decider.

Which is fair enough as there is a genuine threat there, but some of these I think were after the first 3 frames in a match rofl

Postby eraserhead

I'll have to rewatch that third session against Selby because I have no idea how he shared it. That was probably the most important moment after his spark of brilliance in the final session.