Post a reply

Betfred World Championship Final K.Wilson v R.O'Sullivan !!!

Postby Andre147

Image Image Image
Friday 31st of July~Sunday 16th of August at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

Session 1 Saturday 15th of August @ 1:30pm
Session 2 Saturday 15th of August @ 7:30pm
Session 3 Sunday 16th of August @ 1:30pm
Session 4 Sunday 16th of August @ 7:30pm

Kyren Wilson v Ronnie O'Sullivan

Click for Head to Heads

Overall O'Sullivan leads 4-2
Main Tournaments O'Sullivan leads 4-2
World Championship First meeting
Multi Session Matches O'Sullivan leads 3-0
Finals O'Sullivan leads 2-0

This is it Snooker fans, the Final of the World Championship! After 4 months of delay due to the unprecedented times we live in related to the Coronavirus, we are finally down to the last match of a long Snooker season!

We had two absolutely classic Semi-Finals that went down to a final frame decider, first time in Crucible history both have gone the distance. First up we have Kyren Wilson, after a dramatic win over Anthony McGill in one of the craziest and best Crucible deciding frames of all time. Kyren has been a consistent performer at The Crucible in recent years, and now is awarded with a Final place, but he wants to go one further.

Awaiting him is legend and 5 time world champion Ronnie O'Sullivan. He gave rival Mark Selby a taste of his own medicine, after so many heartbreaking losses from well ahead, O'Sullivan finally won one of those himself, and what better than at the biggest stage of all! He won the last 3 frames of the match, at times O'Sullivan seemed he didn't care, playing several hit and hope shots, other times we saw the genius that is this incredible player.

On this Final, O'Sullivan holds a 4-2 h2h lead over Wilson, has won the 2 Finals they played, but this is their first Crucible meeting.

A lot at stake here, can Kyren Wilson become World Champion and enter the Snooker hall of fame, or will O'Sullivan win his 6th World Title, matching his childhood hero Steve Davis and also moving ahead of Stephen Hendry on 37 ranking event titles won?

Enjoy the final match of the Snooker season!

Re: Betfred World Championship Final K. Wilson v R.O'Sulliva

Postby HustleKing

Could be a close final but Kyren needs to stay within 3 frames until the final session.

If Ronnie gets 4 or more ahead, he could get uber confident and have a strong long game, Kyren could crumble and make things easy for him or both

Postby Andre147

In my eyes this will be similar to the Hawkins Final.

Kyren will put up a decent fight, but Ronnie might pull away.

But having said this, Ronnie isn't exactly winning 4 or 5 frames on the spin either so we'll see.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Andre147 wrote:In my eyes this will be similar to the Hawkins Final.

But having said this, Ronnie isn't exactly winning 4 or 5 frames on the spin either so we'll see.

I pray you are right.

Re: Betfred World Championship Final K.Wilson v R.O'Sullivan

Postby TheRocket

I expect Ronnie to win. But he needs to be fully focussed. When Hendry had that great win over Ronnie in 2002 he went on to lose that final to Ebdon probably because he felt he had already won the tournament.

So hopefully ROS can do it.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:I expect Ronnie to win. But he needs to be fully focussed. When Hendry had that great win over Ronnie in 2002 he went on to lose that final to Ebdon probably because he felt he had already won the tournament.

So hopefully ROS can do it.

Good comparison.

He can't be like Hendry thinking I've got this won. He actually needs to do it. Kyren is a player he respects, so this helps.

Postby Alex0paul

Andre147 wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:The 6th seed has never won the Championship have they? What about the 8th?

Always looking for patterns, that's the spirit! :chuckle:

Want O'Sullivan to win against Wilson

Postby Andre147

Alex0paul wrote:This is Wilson's third ranking final in his last 3 events losing the previous two.

He's also not won more than 3 frames in every ranking final he has lost.

He won't do a John Parrot and not win more than 3 frames.

Postby Ck147

In two minds now, Kyren winning would be good for the younger generation showing that dreams can come true, and Kyren has grown on me the last couple of years, especially since the mobile phone incident. But, being similar age to Ronnie, I like it when middle age blokes can still show they aren't done yet. Good luck to the both of them, really hope it's not one sided.

Postby TheRocket

Ck147 wrote:In two minds now, Kyren winning would be good for the younger generation showing that dreams can come true, and Kyren has grown on me the last couple of years, especially since the mobile phone incident. But, being similar age to Ronnie, I like it when middle age blokes can still show they aren't done yet. Good luck to the both of them, really hope it's not one sided.

definitely a battle of generations. old guard vs new guard even though Kyren is already an established pro obviously but I guess nowadays younger than 30 means you're the new guy.

Postby PLtheRef

Andre147 wrote:In my eyes this will be similar to the Hawkins Final.

I completely agree. - Under starters orders I would give the Kyren of 2020 a better chance of beating Ronnie over best of 35 Frames than I would the Barry of 2013 - that said Hawkins played great stuff in that match and perhaps the sessions (5-3, 5-4, 5-3, 3-2) tell more of the story than the actual 18-12 scoreline does.

I think Kyren needs to stick with Ronnie tomorrow and ensure that he's either in front or in touch (at worst 10-7.) - He's shown that he can live with Ronnie over 19 frames (when they played the Champion of Champions Final) but doing that on back to back days will be interesting - the last thing he wants to do is to be having to chase the match.

Postby Andre147

cupotee wrote:not very good for the ' snooker is a sport ' brigade when ronnie is still the big draw and a regular visitor at the business end of this tournament when he's 55 .

He's 44, and I didn't see many people complaining when Higgins reached 3 world finals in a row.