Topic locked

Crucible 2011 ticket information

Postby Witz78

Just incase anyone hasnt already noticed and since there aint a thread yet, i thought id get the ball rolling on the ticket info for the 2011 World Championships.

Check out Matt from Pro Snooker Blogs link below for further details but the main things to note are that tickets go on sale in THREE weeks time, not the usual December, and that the prices for all sessions have been hiked up at least 3quid.

Pro Snooker Blog link

Whats everyones plans for going next year then? How many days are you planning to go for. I had intended to do the first 9 days but may just make do with 4 days to tie in with my mates rather than cut about the bar and bookies on my todd the forst few days rofl

Re: Crucible 2011 ticket information

Postby Casey

Cheers for this <ok>

I am going to go the first Saturday and stay until Monday or Tuesday. There will be a lot of scrambling and swapping of tickets this year me thinks.

I was up a good lump from the bookies last year, covered a lot of the costs so I'm hoping for the same again. Well apart from the ash clouds :grrr: <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

I usually go for the first weekend. I don't know what I'm gonna do this year though, if they aren't announcing the matches that far in advance. One way or another I won't miss the sport's greatest event in the sport's greatest arena.

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:I usually go for the first weekend. I don't know what I'm gonna do this year though, if they aren't announcing the matches that far in advance. One way or another I won't miss the sport's greatest event in the sport's greatest arena.

The world champion will be playing first round 1 match on day 1

:afro:

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:Tian Pengfei?

yes <ok>

Postby Rocket_ron

case_master wrote:Cheers for this <ok>

I am going to go the first Saturday and stay until Monday or Tuesday. There will be a lot of scrambling and swapping of tickets this year me thinks.

I was up a good lump from the bookies last year, covered a lot of the costs so I'm hoping for the same again. Well apart from the ash clouds :grrr: <laugh>

I thank what you did last year went the first weekend, last year I went first tuesday to see Robbo.

I defo want to go again but not sure what date

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:Tian Pengfei?

How did that happen? I meant to post that in the who has a superior head to head against Ronnie O'Sullivan thread. I am drunk again. <laugh>

Postby Roland

I just forked out for some Masters tickets and screwed it up. Basically I have a pair of tickets for both sessions of the final (good seats) which I didn't mean to buy. :redneck:

Postby Casey

Sonny wrote:I just forked out for some Masters tickets and screwed it up. Basically I have a pair of tickets for both sessions of the final (good seats) which I didn't mean to buy. :redneck:

What tickets did you mean to buy?

Postby Roland

I meant to buy Sunday afternoon (1st session of the final) and all day Saturday but the online ordering was so confusing and frustrating (you couldn't order the tickets I wanted in one go). In the end I went for it, but on the email confirmation I'd ordered Sunday evening instead of afternoon by mistake. My fault because I had about 5 tabs open at the same time all looking at tickets. <doh>

So I ended up getting some afternoon ones as well because they'll probably be easier to sell as tickets for the whole final.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:I just forked out for some Masters tickets and screwed it up. Basically I have a pair of tickets for both sessions of the final (good seats) which I didn't mean to buy. :redneck:

is everyone Drunk or does every thread end up here now <laugh>

this is Crucible not Masters Tickets rofl

Postby Smart

Sonny wrote:I meant to buy Sunday afternoon (1st session of the final) and all day Saturday but the online ordering was so confusing and frustrating (you couldn't order the tickets I wanted in one go). In the end I went for it, but on the email confirmation I'd ordered Sunday evening instead of afternoon by mistake. My fault because I had about 5 tabs open at the same time all looking at tickets. <doh>

So I ended up getting some afternoon ones as well because they'll probably be easier to sell as tickets for the whole final.

sell them on eBay <laugh> :wave:

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:

is everyone Drunk or does every thread end up here now <laugh>

this is Crucible not Masters Tickets rofl

A forum that includes me, and John From London Town. Yes, we are always drunk. rofl

Postby Witz78

Decided im sticking to my original plans and going for the first 8 days, head back up home on the middle Sunday.

Not gonna be a cheap trip, infact its gonna be 8 days of tickets @ £50 a day. 8 nights accomodation, fuel and parking costs is about a grand up front before i even begin to think about my budget for food, drink and gambling. Thatll be another 2 grand easy unless i have actually win a few bets.

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:Decided im sticking to my original plans and going for the first 8 days, head back up home on the middle Sunday.

Not gonna be a cheap trip, infact its gonna be 8 days of tickets @ £50 a day. 8 nights accomodation, fuel and parking costs is about a grand up front before i even begin to think about my budget for food, drink and gambling. Thatll be another 2 grand easy unless i have actually win a few bets.

take it out of petty cash <ok> <laugh>

Postby Witz78

StalinESQ wrote:Seriously the hike in ticket prices - not really justified in my view. What extra cost is there to actually running the tournament.....? :chin:

cos they have to make sure live scoring is definetly working for the big one :huh2:

As one off costs for sessions i cannot argue with the tickets for the 1st week going up to £15/£20. Its not much but for fans like myself who are planning to come for a long period, the extra money soon adds up. This may put some off from attending as long as they had planned. Would be good to see some sort of season ticket or reduction, or even a deal like, buy 5 tickets for different sessions, get 1 free for another session.

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:Seriously the hike in ticket prices - not really justified in my view. What extra cost is there to actually running the tournament.....? :chin:

cos they have to make sure live scoring is definetly working for the big one :huh2:

As one off costs for sessions i cannot argue with the tickets for the 1st week going up to £15/£20. Its not much but for fans like myself who are planning to come for a long period, the extra money soon adds up. This may put some off from attending as long as they had planned. Would be good to see some sort of season ticket or reduction, or even a deal like, buy 5 tickets for different sessions, get 1 free for another session.

The problem is, the worlds is the one tournament you don't have to do that for. It sells out. I'd expect to see ticket reductions for other tournaments first.

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

The problem is, the worlds is the one tournament you don't have to do that for. It sells out. I'd expect to see ticket reductions for other tournaments first.

its a myth that it sells out, certainly the first week when i normally go there are almost always plenty of empty seats, other than for the exceptional high profile matches.

Or if it does sell out, then the touts dont manage to find a home for all the tickets :john:

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

Yeah, maybe so. I do remember I ordered tickets to see Stephen Hendry vs Qualifier one year. I got the second session, but was sent tickets to Graeme Dott's first session. When it was announced the matches were Stephen Hendry vs Mark Williams and Graeme Dott vs Barry Hawkins, I was like; "There's no way I'm missing that match." I ended up getting tickets for Hendry/Williams, and the other end looked decidely empty. <laugh>

its a myth that it sells out, certainly the first week when i normally go there are almost always plenty of empty seats, other than for the exceptional high profile matches.

Or if it does sell out, then the touts dont manage to find a home for all the tickets :john:

Postby Casey

I might be going over on my own, none of my friends care enough about snooker to make the trip over to Sheffield.

The tickets are on sale very early, I don't think they will come close to selling out until the Welsh Open when after the first couple of rounds it will become more clear who will be playing in which sessions.

I agree with Witz as regards to the tickets, £3 a sessions doesn't sound much but over the course it soon adds up. Maybe a multi session booking discountt or something?

Postby SnookerFan

case_master wrote:I might be going over on my own, none of my friends care enough about snooker to make the trip over to Sheffield.

The tickets are on sale very early, I don't think they will come close to selling out until the Welsh Open when after the first couple of rounds it will become more clear who will be playing in which sessions.

I agree with Witz as regards to the tickets, £3 a sessions doesn't sound much but over the course it soon adds up. Maybe a multi session booking discountt or something?

I've been up alone a few times when none of my friends can afford to go. In fact, I've done that to a few of the venues. I'm not self-concious about being out alone, so it doesn't make any difference. Especially at The Crucible. You can easily spend 12 hours a day watching the snooker, and the hotel I stay in when I'm not with anybody is full of people watching snooker anyway, so you always get somebody talking to somebody about it in the bar after the games.

Postby SnookerFan

30th October they go on sale, apparently. But you have to buy them blind as matches aren't announced until after the Welsh Open. What's everybody doing for this. Missing The Crucible for me would be as traumatic as losing a leg, both arms and my penis in an accident, but at the same time I really think it sucks we can't plan around our favourite players.

I personally used to do the application form business as I didn't want to book travel and hotels until I knew what I was doing. What strategy is everybody else adopting?

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:

Yeah I think "sells out" is slightly ramping it up, it sells well and is the biggie for all snooker fans no doubt, but I too have seen empty seats thru both weeks of the tournie. <ok>

Postby Smart

case_master wrote:I might be going over on my own, none of my friends care enough about snooker to make the trip over to Sheffield.

Spoke to my mate with the season ticket and put in my request for Mon - Weds first week. He may have more for me or it may be other days, not sure yet. The hike in price has not gone down well with season ticket holders and coupled with the non-attendance for qualifiers................there is some unhappy fans of the game out there.

What you have to remember is not everyone lives local to Sheffield. So in effect it is like a proper holiday for those travelling. Real costs involved, petrol, hotel, food, beer, gambling, hookers (for witz <laugh> ), .........

So @ £50 a day on tickets................I think it is somewhat expensive and not really considerate, but what can you do. <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

I popped back to the hotel between sessions one year, and there was a woman in my room. I thought it was part of the service. Unfortunately it was just the cleaner. Quite disappointing really.