Post a reply

Re: 2020 Betfred World Snooker Championship Prediction Conte

Postby Andre147

Pink Ball wrote:Probably not very sporting of me. I think Selby-O'Sullivan is hard to call, fair enough, but I went with Selby because I need to risk losing ground to make up ground. I actually think Wilson will beat McGill, but same applies.

That tactic has won me a title before.

Postby Wildey

SEMI-FINAL ONE - Best of 33 Frames - Deadline 1pm Wednesday 12th August
17-9 Kyren Wilson [8] England v Anthony McGill - Scotland

SEMI-FINAL TWO - Best of 33 Frames - Deadline 7pm Wednesday 12th August
17-12 Ronnie O'Sullivan [6] - England v Mark Selby [7] England

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Probably not very sporting of me. I think Selby-O'Sullivan is hard to call, fair enough, but I went with Selby because I need to risk losing ground to make up ground. I actually think Wilson will beat McGill, but same applies.

Tainted victory.

Postby Andre147

17-10 Kyren Wilson [8] England v Anthony McGill - Scotland

17-13 Ronnie O'Sullivan [6] - England v Mark Selby [7] England

Postby Pink Ball

Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Tainted victory.

I'd love a tainted victory.

Postby Pink Ball

Pink Ball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Tainted victory.

Actually, no, that would involve Mark Selby beating Ronnie O'Sullivan. I don't want that.

I'm happy with my tainted UK title.

Postby Cloud Strife

13-17 Kyren Wilson [8] England v Anthony McGill - Scotland

17-12 Ronnie O'Sullivan [6] - England v Mark Selby [7] England

Postby McManusFan

12-17 Kyren Wilson [8] England v Anthony McGill - Scotland

17-15 Ronnie O'Sullivan [6] - England v Mark Selby [7] England

Postby PLtheRef

Pink Ball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Tainted victory.

Shall we put it to a vote? Who wants PB disqualified in the event that he finishes top? ;-)

On a serious note, predicting a certain result to try and bridge a deficit isn't against the rules or the spirit of the rules. I know in 2017, the only way I could mathematically have a chance of winning was if I went for Higgins over Selby in the Final. I didn't expect him to win, but I did get rather excited when the Scot led 10-4. Likewise, your UK win isn't tainted. You won it fair and square even if it was a rather different format.

The only real prediction rules are that they need to be in before the match starts (obviously) and that predictions shouldn't be changed once made (hence why the posts in this thread can't be edited). The reason why predictions for the Final are asked for by PM is to stop someone predicting a certain way to nurse a lead.

We've had it at least twice where a leader has asked if I could tell them what scoreline they needed to be guaranteed a win and someone shamelessly saying 'I want to win so please change my prediction to match x'

Postby Iranu

boris_the_butcher wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Oh bullocks, I forgot to enter.

you the Robbo of Snookerisland?

He accidentally posted his predictions on Snookery Dookery. Got the wrong (web) address.

Postby PLtheRef

Reminder - Please don't post any predictions for the final until asked for please. Anyone who can mathematically win will be asked to PM their Predictions to me. In the event I can still win, I shall send them to someone before I put the post up.

EDIT: An early mathematical check suggests there are potentially 11 entrants with a mathematical chance of winning. Looking through, I'm not among them but this will be checked before the update goes out tonight.

Postby PLtheRef

Here is the prediction table after the Semi-Finals. Included are six points for those who predicted Ronnie O'Sullivan to reach the World Championship Final. Should he win, they will receive an extra six bonus points.

Bonus points for some entrants are still up for grabs in terms of who makes the highest break (in case the 147 effort is equalled or in an unlikely event its eclipsed), the highest break (being within six of the 147) and the number of centuries (being within six of that too). Two entries could still score 12 points in the event Ronnie O'Sullivan makes a maximum, if he doesn't they lose three points.

Table after Day Fifteen - 29/30 Matches
174 - Alex0Paul ( 22 - 4 ) *
165 - SideTracked ( 23 - 3 ) *
151 - HappyCamper ( 19 - 3 ) *
149 - Andre147 ( 21 - 2 )
144 - Vodkadiet ( 20 - 1 ) *
144 - Pink Ball ( 19 - 2 )
140 - Iranu ( 19 - 1 )
137 - Juddernaut88 ( 16 - 3 )
136 - Eraserhead ( 16 - 2 ) *
133 - SnookerFan ( 18 - 0 ) *
128 - SteveJJ WC ( 18 - 2 )
127 - McManusFan ( 16 - 3 )
125 - PLtheRef ( 17 - 2 )
124 - SavoMilosevic ( 18 - 0 )
123 - BorisTheButcher ( 16 - 1 )
121 - Sundaygirl ( 17 - 0 )
121 - Wildey ( 17 - 1 )
116 - Slowjoe ( 16 - 2 )
116 - Aris147 ( 15 - 1 )
113 - AimlessWandeer ( 16 - 2 )
107 - TheCleaver ( 16 - 0 )
97 - Dan-Cat ( 13 - 1 )
97 - Nice_Shoes_Ken ( 13 - 2 )
89 - Cloud Strife ( 11 - 1 )
89 - BadSnookerPlayer ( 11 - 3 )
29 Ash147 ( 4 - 0 )

Centuries counter: 80

Anyone in bold with an asterix after their name can mathematically win this years World Championship prediction contest. Can these people please PM me their predictions to ensure fair play. They will be revealed some time tomorrow evening.

Here we go then! Good Luck everyone

2020 Betfred.com World Snooker Championship Final - Best of 35 Frames - Deadline 1:30pm Saturday 15th August
18-18 Ronnie O'Sullivan [6] - England v Kyren Wilson [8] - England