Post a reply

Davis won the 85 final

Postby Dragonfly

After watching the final frame of the 85 final I am now awarding the match to Davis.

On the yellow he had Taylor in deep trouble snookered. Let's just say Taylor didn't come close with his escape attempt. The distance he missed by could be measured in miles. If the miss rule existed at the time points would have built up. Or Taylor would have had to make a more genuine attempt therefore leaving Davis a chance.

So Davis now joins Hendry on 7 titles.

Re: Davis won the 85 final

Postby mick745

It has always been a matter of sadness to me that Davis was just one bloody ball away from having seven world titles.

Postby Iranu

mick745 wrote:It has always been a matter of sadness to me that Davis was just one bloody ball away from having seven world titles.

There’s no guarantee he would’ve won in 1987 and 1988 if he’d won in 1985.

The whole course of snooker history would have been changed; Davis might have ended on 5 world titles, or 8+.

Postby vodkadiet1

Iranu wrote:
mick745 wrote:It has always been a matter of sadness to me that Davis was just one bloody ball away from having seven world titles.

The whole course of snooker history would have been changed; Davis might have ended on 5 world titles, or 8+.

Exactly. It would have affected the following year's draw and everything else.

It is like life. Many a guy who is unhappily married with kids he didn't want wishes he hadn't taken the job where he met his wife all those years ago.

Snookerfan you should give the snooker a miss this evening. The woman (or man) of your dreams could be hanging out at the local Kebab House. It could be love at first sight and your lips could meet whilst eating a greasy Shish!!

Postby Iranu

vodkadiet1 wrote:
Iranu wrote:

It is like life. Many a guy who is unhappily married with kids he didn't want wishes he hadn't taken the job where he met his wife all those years ago.

Snookerfan you should give the snooker a miss this evening. The woman (or man) of your dreams could be hanging out at the local Kebab House. It could be love at first sight and your lips could meet whilst eating a greasy Shish!!

The woman of Snookerfan’s dreams is presenting the snooker.

Postby Alex0paul

vodkadiet1 wrote:
Iranu wrote:

That’s the most romantic love story I’ve ever read

Postby vodkadiet1

Iranu wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:
Iranu wrote:

The woman of Snookerfan’s dreams is presenting the snooker.

Ah yes!! Seema. Well she might come looking for Snookerfan next week. He just needs her to send her his photo and a short note.

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet1 wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Can I give you a miss?

Postby Iranu

vodkadiet1 wrote:
Ah yes!! Seema. Well she might come looking for Snookerfan next week. He just needs her to send her his photo and a short note.

Just think... If it weren’t for COVID, Snookerfan would be attending the Worlds in Sheffield, where Seema would probably be roaming the Crucible doing the segments that Radzi is currently doing, and interviewing the crowd.

But this is exactly the sort of cosmic complication that keeps star-crossed lovers apart in the Second Act. Next year’s Third Act is going to be a belter.

Postby vodkadiet1

Iranu wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:

Just think... If it weren’t for COVID, Snookerfan would be attending the Worlds in Sheffield, where Seema would probably be roaming the Crucible doing the segments that Radzi is currently doing, and interviewing the crowd.

But this is exactly the sort of cosmic complication that keeps star-crossed lovers apart in the Second Act. Next year’s Third Act is going to be a belter.

The first Snooker Island wedding!

Postby Juddernaut88

Taylor winning that final was one of the best things to happen to Snooker even though it was before I was born.

Postby Ck147

vodkadiet1 wrote:
Iranu wrote:

You as well eh?

Postby vodkadiet1

Ck147 wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:
Iranu wrote:

You as well eh?

Not me. But I know plenty of guys like it.

I don't mind kids as long as they are someone else's.

Postby Ck147

SnookerFan wrote:Seema is a rebound.

I MISS YOU MICHAELA!

Doesn't she ref at the Seniors? Get to see her next week!