Post a reply

Re: Neil Robertson when he plays Mark Selby

Postby HustleKing

Kinda glad he doesn't have to play Ronnie now, he could have got beaten worse by Ronnie if he adopted an all out attack against him

Postby TheRocket

HustleKing wrote:Kinda glad he doesn't have to play Ronnie now, he could have got beaten worse by Ronnie if he adopted an all out attack against him

I dont think so. Against Ronnie you get a lot more easy openers and get into some sort of ryhtm and score. And thats what Robertson does best. But he got bogged down into Selbys game and lost the plot completely and just couldnt score properly. Thats why he looked so bad like he did.

Postby HustleKing

TheRocket wrote:
HustleKing wrote:Kinda glad he doesn't have to play Ronnie now, he could have got beaten worse by Ronnie if he adopted an all out attack against him

I dont think so. Against Ronnie you get a lot more easy openers and get into some sort of ryhtm and score. And thats what Robertson does best. But he got bogged down into Selbys game and lost the plot completely and just couldnt score properly. Thats why he looked so bad like he did.

Not sure if Neil had the right form in this event to blow Ronnie away even with good openings. He would have been best served against Ronnie to produce a lot of his take on grinding and confuse and annoy the buck out of Ronnie.

We'll never know, I guess