Post a reply

Murphy Not making sense, more contradictions

Postby shanew48

He stated that he will never forgive his bullies from school but I though one of the most basic tenants of Christianity is forgiveness?

Is it a case , like many, that he is just cherry picking certain parts of the religion, therefore another fraud?

Also he stopped speaking to his mother, then I believe that he stopped speaking to his father also, after all his old man did for him.

Selby also refuses to speak to his Mother, do we think this is what contributed to their friendship becoming so strong? having that thing in common?

Any thoughts on the above would be most appreciated. Thanks

Re: Murphy Not making sense, more contradictions

Postby shanew48

SnookerFan wrote:So, he's human?

I know Christian people, and they all struggle with some of the teachings. It's normal. :shrug:

Struggle with some of the teachings? like I say my understanding is that one of the major teachings is forgiveness no? if he is failing at the most basic part of the religion, then he isn't doing very well is he, I mean he has been a member for years, donates 10 % of all earnings to the church so obviously takes it very seriously but seems to be failing at the most basic part. All very strange

Re: Murphy Not making sense, more contradictions

Postby shanew48

Cloud Strife wrote:Why does he not speak to his mother?

I think it's because she packed his father in when Murphy was 14 or 15 and she left him with the father who then no doubt played a big part in helping him becoming a professional as he got him a sponsorship deal with Dr Martins but I'm sure he then ferried him around the country in his younger years and then Murphy stopped talking to him as well a while back which suggests the problem is with him as opposed to the various people he falls out with.