Post a reply

Which member of the class of 92 will retire first?

John Higgins
16%
Mark Williams
72%
Ronnie O'Sullivan
12%

Total votes : 25

Re: Which member of the class of 92 will retire first?

Postby Andre147

HappyCamper wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
ROS147 wrote:After Williams’ recent comments, I think Higgins will be the first to retire.

I think it will depend who drops off the Tour first.

they'll all get invitational cards if they want them.

They might not be willing to accept them. They take pride in their performances and dropping off the tour could be the final nail in the coffin.

Postby lhpirnie

It depends on what 'retirement' actually means. I still expect all of them to play exhibitions etc. even after they stop entering tournaments. And if they get given wildcards to play in tournaments...

Fortunately, I think we've avoided a potentially disastrous bankruptcy scenario, and the tour as we know it should be safe, even if the Chinese tournaments collapse or fizzle out. Otherwise, there could still be possibilities of snooker fragmenting, with those three players, plus a few others, playing a 'Champions Tour'. Would that count as retiring?

Postby Andre147

lhpirnie wrote:It depends on what 'retirement' actually means. I still expect all of them to play exhibitions etc. even after they stop entering tournaments. And if they get given wildcards to play in tournaments...

Fortunately, I think we've avoided a potentially disastrous bankruptcy scenario, and the tour as we know it should be safe, even if the Chinese tournaments collapse or fizzle out. Otherwise, there could still be possibilities of snooker fragmenting, with those three players, plus a few others, playing a 'Champions Tour'. Would that count as retiring?

If they dont play on the main Tour, then yes it counts as retirement.

Otherwise players in the Seniors events like Thorburn never retired, lol.