Post a reply

Fake atmosphere....

Postby freakmoomin

This may have been discussed already....but I cant believe World Snooker hasnt implemented fake atmosphere audio for the worlds....

Clapping, ooos, aaahhhhsss, general ambient crowd noise etc would add so much to this.... it just feels so flat!

Re: Fake atmosphere....

Postby SnookerFan

freakmoomin wrote:This may have been discussed already....but I cant believe World Snooker hasnt implemented fake atmosphere audio for the worlds....

Clapping, ooos, aaahhhhsss, general ambient crowd noise etc would add so much to this.... it just feels so flat!

It would seem too fake to me.

Postby freakmoomin

SnookerFan wrote:
freakmoomin wrote:This may have been discussed already....but I cant believe World Snooker hasnt implemented fake atmosphere audio for the worlds....

That would be my instinct aswell to be honest....but just looking at whats happening in other sports just now and it totally works for football.

Postby Iranu

freakmoomin wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

That would be my instinct aswell to be honest....but just looking at whats happening in other sports just now and it totally works for football.

It’s easier to get away with in football because the crowd noise is constant and you only need to tweak for boos/celebrations etc.

Postby freakmoomin

I think it must be totally weird, its not just quiet....its silent.... like playing in a deserted snooker club with one other person.

I guess its gonna favour some players over others.

Postby Scooper

They’d probably have done something if they didn’t go all in on having crowd.

I still think a bunch of people on zoom would do the trick.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
freakmoomin wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

It’s easier to get away with in football because the crowd noise is constant and you only need to tweak for boos/celebrations etc.

Agreed.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

I find the fake noise in other sports ridiculous sounding. Most sports aren't played in front of big crowds so there's a novelty to seeing major events played in that type of atmosphere. For Snooker it's the end of the tournament which the lack of crowd will really stand out.

Postby SnookerEd25

freakmoomin wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

I disagree. It was almost unwatchable without a crowd, but is even worse with the forced fake stuff. Football is the one sport that shouldn’t proceed without a live crowd, money or no money.

Postby SnookerEd25

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:I find the fake noise in other sports ridiculous sounding. Most sports aren't played in front of big crowds so there's a novelty to seeing major events played in that type of atmosphere. For Snooker it's the end of the tournament which the lack of crowd will really stand out.

Yes, snooker is the best sport with no crowd because the tension can actually rise a few notches with the silence. I do agree about the final, though. When the trophy is lifted we need lights, confetti, music & as many people (friends, family, administrative staff, officials, players) in that arena as is safely possible to give it some atmosphere