Topic locked

O'Sullivan: Selby and I won't win World title

Postby Bourne

Ronnie O'Sullivan wrote:As far as winning world titles, that is mission impossible for me, I'm too hot and cold to go in with any confidence in doing it.

I don't think Selby has the game either to win a world title because of the same reasons. That is why it is tough, you are up against players that have that relentlessness.

I've been playing like a plum for 17 years, I've had my struggles and a lot of people have put it down to depression or my demons but it has nothing to do with demons.

The hot and cold snooker did and does make me depressed. I felt myself getting sucked in during the final but said 'don't go there, you've had a good week'. I don't have those expectations anymore.

It's sad for me because if I was able to put my finger on it and get it right I would smash all these players up - I would demolish a lot of them.

For me to win three world titles is a miracle in itself. I didn't think I'd win one because over 17 days it requires you not to have bad spells.

If I didn't have my problems with the game over the years maybe I could have possibly chased (Stephen) Hendry's record of seven, but I've just got to be happy that I've had quite a successful career when I've either been really good or really poor

http://www.sportinglife.com/snooker/new ... tlead.html

Re: O'Sullivan: Selby and I won't win World title

Postby Tubberlad

I'm not a man for outbursts, but that's pathetic. I'll put it in simple language: he was screwed asunder those last four frames. Selby outplayed him totally, and Ronnie wanted that title badly. He may not like Selby, but that's no reason to show such disrespect. Selby is a brilliant player, and I for one would love to see him winning on Mayday, just to shut Ronnie up <ok> and I'm a huge admirer of Ronnie

Postby Wildey

thetubberlad wrote:I'm not a man for outbursts, but that's pathetic. I'll put it in simple language: he was screwed asunder those last four frames. Selby outplayed him totally, and Ronnie wanted that title badly. He may not like Selby, but that's no reason to show such disrespect. Selby is a brilliant player, and I for one would love to see him winning on Mayday, just to shut Ronnie up <ok> and I'm a huge admirer of Ronnie

i think he is showing selby the ultimate respect.

seriously who has that relentlesness in the game ronnie is talking about Ryan Day ? Ali Carter ? Ding Junhui ? Neil Robertson ? Marco Fu ? i just dont get where ronnie sees that relentlesness in.

yes Ding and Robbo are Great Players but they are not more relentless than Ronnie and Selby.

Postby Wildey

lol

but serious ronnie said
I don't think Selby has the game either to win a world title because of the same reasons. That is why it is tough, you are up against players that have that relentlessness.

like who has more relentlesness than ronnie ??????????????

he really is making himself look a bit simple at the moment.

Postby Casey

Well ronnie you were on your A game in that final and you did not smash anybody up. He does not like Selby one bit and its clear for all to see.

He is also obsessed with the fact hendry has 7 titles, he mentions it all the time

Postby Lucky

I'm guessing he finds it hard to believe that any individual could win 7 titles.....he's given it his best shot and fell way short at 3, he may win another, but its an outside chance. Selby has a real chance at the worlds, I'm certain we'll have a first time winner this year <ok>

Postby NedB-H

more interesting than everyone else's interviews anyway

He doesn't come across as someone who likes to start feuds, I think this is just his way of letting off steam cos he's been playing poorly and getting frustrated

Rather this than walking off two frames in, anyway

Postby Wildey

i think Ronnie has this defeatist attitude so not to put pressure on himself to deliver but why does he feel the need to knock selby. it makes him came across as a real bastard and in the meantime if selby takes it correctly he will take it as a compliment.

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:i think Ronnie has this defeatist attitude so not to put pressure on himself to deliver but why does he feel the need to knock selby. it makes him came across as a real bastard and in the meantime if selby takes it correctly he will take it as a compliment.

Thats true just knock yourself not others

Postby SnookerFan

I don't see how people can have the opinion that people are against Ronnie because they are biased against him, when he talks rubbish like this. The guy may be the most naturally talented player ever, but it doesn't give him the right to spout this sort of bullocks. Even his most ardent fan must see that he gives people who dislike him ammunition.