Post a reply

Re: Sporcle quiz Welsh players at the crucible

Postby The_Abbott

cupotee wrote:https://www.sporcle.com/games/supercert/welsh-snooker-players-at-the-crucible?playlist=world-snooker-championship-nationality-quizzes&creator=supercert&pid=9Tf301562

i got 12 , should have got 14 , ended it too quick .

I got 13.

I would never have got the ones from 1985, 87, 89, 90 or 94 as they weren't around long enough to remember <laugh>

Postby cupotee

The_Abbott wrote:
cupotee wrote:https://www.sporcle.com/games/supercert/welsh-snooker-players-at-the-crucible?playlist=world-snooker-championship-nationality-quizzes&creator=supercert&pid=9Tf301562

i got 12 , should have got 14 , ended it too quick .

I got 13.

I would never have got the ones from 1985, 87, 89, 90 or 94 as they weren't around long enough to remember <laugh>

yes i should think a lot of people are the same but the second 89 and the first 97 i should have got , lucky guess at the 94 from a really faint memory not at the crucible though .

Postby SnookerEd25

Got 18, surprised myself. Usually I can get the 70s/80s players but fall down on the more recent ones.

Although Roy Andrewartha wasn't accepted, and he played at the Crucible in the early 80s; despite the Cornish surname, he was usually listed as Welsh and certainly played in the Welsh Professional Championship in the 80s.

Postby cupotee

SnookerEd25 wrote:Got 18, surprised myself. Usually I can get the 70s/80s players but fall down on the more recent ones.

Although Roy Andrewartha wasn't accepted, and he played at the Crucible in the early 80s; despite the Cornish surname, he was usually listed as Welsh and certainly played in the Welsh Professional Championship in the 80s.

thats quite impressive , are you Welsh yourself ?

Postby SnookerEd25

cupotee wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:Got 18, surprised myself. Usually I can get the 70s/80s players but fall down on the more recent ones.

Born and bred in Mitcham, just down the road from SnookerFan; but my Grandad was from Barry so I am of Welsh descent and (maybe a co-incidence) a lot of my favourite players are Welsh

Postby cupotee

SnookerEd25 wrote:
cupotee wrote:

Born and bred in Mitcham, just down the road from SnookerFan; but my Grandad was from Barry so I am of Welsh descent and (maybe a co-incidence) a lot of my favourite players are Welsh

cool .