Post a reply

Players who dislike each other?

Postby donthittheblue

We all know Mark Allen doesn't like Mark Joyce....
We all know Dennis Taylor and Alex Higgins didn't particularly get on with eachother....
We all know Ali Carter and Ronnie don't see eye to eye....
We all know Judd Trump and Ali Carter have a bit of needle....
We all know Ronnie and Shaun Murphy dislike each other
We all know Ronnie and Alain Robidoux aren't on eachother's christmas list....
We all know Mark Allen and Cao Yupeng aren't on eachother's christmas list
We all know Maguire doesn't like most snooker players

Does anyone know of any other example of players who just plain don't get on with eachother? I don't mean in a they don't like playing eachother for on-table reasons, I just mean they have a huge dislike of eachother off the table or massive personality clash?
Last edited by donthittheblue on 29 Jul 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Players who dislike each other?

Postby D4P

Judd and Kyren is an obvious one.

Also, I think Ronnie and Smurph have moved past their previous issues and I'm not sure they belong on the list anymore.

Postby vodkadiet1

Tony Knowles and Tony Meo.... (I knew what shot he was going to play... he knew what shot he was going to play...)

Kirk Stevens and Silvino Francisco...(He was as high as a kite....)

Mike Hallett and Dene O'Kane....(I detest Hallett....)

Stephen Maguire and Shaun Murphy....(I don't want to be a fat World Champion....)

Alex Higgins and Steve Davis....(I will bury Davis. I will play him for his Castle...)

Ronnie O'Sullivan and Mark King....(Ronnie can't fly...He has just found out that he has a bone in his leg...)

Postby Iranu

D4P wrote:Judd and Kyren is an obvious one.

Also, I think Ronnie and Smurph have moved past their previous issues and I'm not sure they belong on the list anymore.

I’m not so sure, I think Smurph’s moved past it but the way Ronnie imitated him at the NI Open... “It’s not Ronnie’s fault!<laugh>

Postby Juddernaut88

Judd and Kyren are okay with each other these days, they did an exhibition together last year.

Postby shanew48

vodkadiet1 wrote:Tony Knowles and Tony Meo.... (I knew what shot he was going to play... he knew what shot he was going to play...)

Stephen Maguire and Shaun Murphy....(I don't want to be a fat World Champion....)

Alex Higgins and Steve Davis....(I will bury Davis. I will play him for his Castle...)

Ronnie O'Sullivan and Mark King....(Ronnie can't fly...He has just found out that he has a bone in his leg...)

I don't understand the Ronnie/King one?

Postby shanew48

donthittheblue wrote:We all know Mark Allen doesn't like Mark Joyce....
We all know Dennis Taylor and Alex Higgins didn't particularly get on with eachother....
We all know Ali Carter and Ronnie don't see eye to eye....
We all know Judd Trump and Ali Carter have a bit of needle....
We all know Ronnie and Shaun Murphy dislike each other
We all know Ronnie and Alain Robidoux aren't on eachother's christmas list....
We all know Mark Allen and Cao Yupeng aren't on eachother's christmas list
We all know Maguire doesn't like most snooker players

Does anyone know of any other example of players who just plain don't get on with eachother? I don't mean in a they don't like playing eachother for on-table reasons, I just mean they have a huge dislike of eachother off the table or massive personality clash?

I'm pretty sure Williams doesn't like Ronnie, most of the players seem to dislike Murphy (extremely condescending without even meaning to be, just his natural personality) and Carter for whatever reason, Williams seems to try his best to rub everyone up the wrong way as much as he possibly can, Ronnie said as much in one of his Autobiography's.

Hendry is most probably not that keen on Mark Johnson Allen as he knows that he still dines out on somehow beating him in all 3 meetings, which I still struggle to understand as I'm pretty sure Johnson Allen was the equivalent of a very poor lower ranked player today and obviously Hendry in that period was far and away the best player breaking records all over the place, (36 matches won in a row at his peak which still stands as a record to this day?) Basically it would be like Andy Lee playing Ronnie or Trump three times in a relatively short period of time and winning each time even though they were winning most tournaments in between those 3 losses, maybe I'm doing him a disservice by comparing him to Andy Lees standard, wouldn't blame him as I'm sure any professional snooker player would be unhappy being described as playing at the same standard as Andy Lee!

Postby vodkadiet1

shanew48 wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:Tony Knowles and Tony Meo.... (I knew what shot he was going to play... he knew what shot he was going to play...)

They grew up together. King used to try to intimidate O'Sullivan.

Postby shanew48

Iranu wrote:

I’m not so sure, I think Smurph’s moved past it but the way Ronnie imitated him at the NI Open... “It’s not Ronnie’s fault!<laugh>

I think Murphy just started try to metaphorically blow Ronnie as he realised that he was never going to win the battle so just gave in and started trying to say some nice things but i'm pretty sure Ronnie still isn't that keen on him, to be fair not many people are.

Postby shanew48

vodkadiet1 wrote:
shanew48 wrote:

Still don't understand the quote next to the Ronnie/King one, maybe I'm being ignorant, apologies if that is the case.

They grew up together. King used to try to intimidate O'Sullivan.

Postby shanew48

Juddernaut88 wrote:

Judd and Kyren are okay with each other these days, they did an exhibition together last year.

When there is plenty of money to be made, people will sell out, Kyren did well to get involved in that gig as you know Trump was the main attraction as Trump does stuff on the table that even the best players ever could never pull off, on the other hand Iv'e never seen Kyren do something that many other players could do.

Postby Ck147

vodkadiet1 wrote:Stephen Maguire and Shaun Murphy....(I don't want to be a fat World Champion....)

Lol

Postby shanew48

shanew48 wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:

When there is plenty of money to be made, people will sell out, Kyren did well to get involved in that gig as you know Trump was the main attraction as Trump does stuff on the table that even the best players ever could never pull off, on the other hand Iv'e never seen Kyren do something that many other players could do.

Sorry for the OT but talking of people selling out, notice that snoop dog does an advert for Just Eat, Wow, that's up there will Joshua appearing in the advert for British Airways, those boys have metaphorically and literally moved so far away from the streets that they would need a sat nav to find their way back! why? Money and lots of it on offer.

Postby donthittheblue

shanew48 wrote:
shanew48 wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:

Sorry for the OT but talking of people selling out, notice that snoop dog does an advert for Just Eat, Wow, that's up there will Joshua appearing in the advert for British Airways, those boys have metaphorically and literally moved so far away from the streets that they would need a sat nav to find their way back! why? Money and lots of it on offer.

Four Words

Johnny Rotten flogging butter

Postby Iranu

vodkadiet1 wrote:Maguire and Bingham.

Bingham "He is drinking all the time".

Does it count as hatred if it’s just an accurate observation?