Post a reply

Can't warm to Trump

Postby Dragonfly

I just can't warm to Trump. I don't even know why. He's certainly a wonderful player, entertaining, and capable of the most spectacular shots.

But everytime he plays I am hoping he will lose. I mean maybe if I met him he might be a really nice guy. Perhaps in his earlier days he came across as arrogant. Even now when he trys to be more humble it looks fake. Maybe confidence is just coming across as arrogance.

Anyhow I think he has a great chance of winning the world title this year. But I hope that he doesn't. Maybe it's just the name. That's 2 famous Trumps I don't like.!!

Re: Can't warm to Trump

Postby SnookerEd25

I don't like Donald.

Judd is OK, good player <ok>

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Judd definitely used to be a bit of a bellend but then again most people who get rich in their twenties are likely to be a bit of a bell. Ferraris and helicopters and stuff.

I think he has matured into a decent person.

Postby McManusFan

I'm very much the same. Although I started warming to him slightly last year, he started coming across as a little less arrogant. He definately let himself down after loosing to Maguire in the Tour Championship recently.

Maybe he's just quite shy and isn't coming across right, I don't know.

Postby SnookerFan

I'm the same. There was something I couldn't put my finger on about him.

Though for me, I think part of it was because I felt he was wasting his considerable talent. That's changed over the last couple of years. So he doesn't grate as much any more.

Postby SnookerEd25

McManusFan wrote:Maybe he's just quite shy and isn't coming across right, I don't know.

This is right, I think; he never has seemed particularly comfortable in the spotlight, certainly compared to the likes of RO'S, Smurph, MJW etc.

Postby HustleKing

Thread of the year, brilliant start to your time on this forum Dragonfly :-D

Postby Dan-cat

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Judd definitely used to be a bit of a bellend but then again most people who get rich in their twenties are likely to be a bit of a bell. Ferraris and helicopters and stuff.

I think he has matured into a decent person.

Fairies and hippopotamus?

Postby Juddernaut88

Judd Trump is the best. He plays such beautiful Snooker and I'm hoping he can dominate this decade.

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut88 wrote:Judd Trump is the best. He plays such beautiful Snooker and I'm hoping he can dominate this decade.

ARE YOU READY FOR JUDDNATION?

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:Judd Trump is the best. He plays such beautiful Snooker and I'm hoping he can dominate this decade.

ARE YOU READY FOR JUDDNATION?

Yes.

Postby Ck147

I think he is ok now too, he's grown up a lot the last couple of years.

Postby Scooper

At least he’s not haggis or nothing. There’s someone I warm to like a car engine on a January morning

Postby SnookerEd25

Gives Dragonfly the hump, he’s Judd Trump

Postby Ck147

He tried to fight Mr Bump, he's Judd Trump

Postby The_Abbott

Trump is a shy person. He never seems comfortable in interviews but he had too much of a cocky approach in the past but it never bothered me as Ronnie is the cockiest snooker player ever and I love watching him.

Postby SnookerFan

The_Abbott wrote:Trump is a shy person. He never seems comfortable in interviews but he had too much of a cocky approach in the past but it never bothered me as Ronnie is the cockiest snooker player ever and I love watching him.

At points, he seemed to be playing up to what the BBC wanted him to be. They've been promoting him as the next Ronnie. They multiple orgasmed the one time he said Naughty Snooker and are making out that he's a cool youngster.

Sometimes I feel like he played up to that a bit, rather than being himself.

Postby McManusFan

SnookerFan wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:Trump is a shy person. He never seems comfortable in interviews but he had too much of a cocky approach in the past but it never bothered me as Ronnie is the cockiest snooker player ever and I love watching him.

At points, he seemed to be playing up to what the BBC wanted him to be. They've been promoting him as the next Ronnie. They multiple orgasmed the one time he said Naughty Snooker and are making out that he's a cool youngster.

That wasn't just the BBC, all the broadcasters were loving the naughty snooker thing.

Postby SnookerFan

McManusFan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

That wasn't just the BBC, all the broadcasters were loving the naughty snooker thing.

Yeah, I should've said the media.

Postby shanew48

McManusFan wrote:I'm very much the same. Although I started warming to him slightly last year, he started coming across as a little less arrogant. He definately let himself down after loosing to Maguire in the Tour Championship recently.

What did he say/do after losing to Maguire?

Postby McManusFan

shanew48 wrote:
McManusFan wrote:I'm very much the same. Although I started warming to him slightly last year, he started coming across as a little less arrogant. He definately let himself down after loosing to Maguire in the Tour Championship recently.

Here's the interview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQM_AufFhQ4

To be fair, it wasn't as bad as I remembered, but he still comes accross as a little petulant. Certainly the way he refuses to pay any compliment to Maguire was dissapointing.

Postby shanew48

McManusFan wrote:
shanew48 wrote:

Here's the interview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQM_AufFhQ4

To be fair, it wasn't as bad as I remembered, but he still comes accross as a little petulant. Certainly the way he refuses to pay any compliment to Maguire was dissapointing.

To be far Maguire doesn't come across as the nicest gentleman around, in a way Judd has improved, at least he spoke after this match, against our friend Rory he refused to speak and stormed off didn't he.

Postby Dragonfly

Busy yesterday so haven't seen a ball struck yet. But damn that sounds like it was close. Hopefully he's not playing 100% and won't survive the next round.

Postby Juddernaut88

Dragonfly wrote:Busy yesterday so haven't seen a ball struck yet. But damn that sounds like it was close. Hopefully he's not playing 100% and won't survive the next round.

Judd didn't play well in his 1st round match last year either and we all know what happened!

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Juddernaut88 wrote:
Dragonfly wrote:Busy yesterday so haven't seen a ball struck yet. But damn that sounds like it was close. Hopefully he's not playing 100% and won't survive the next round.

Judd didn't play well in his 1st round match last year either and we all know what happened!

I thought Judd played well in the second session.

Don't think he can afford any more sessions like the first though.

Postby ROS147

I enjoy Judd's game, but I don't think he's a character. The thing that makes Ronnie so great is that he's both brilliant to watch and a great character, much like Alex Higgins used to be.

Postby csprince

To be far Maguire doesn't come across as the nicest gentleman around, in a way Judd has improved, at least he spoke after this match, against our friend Rory he refused to speak and stormed off didn't he.

from what i hear maguire is a nice guy away from the table.and i think he's always conducted himself well in interviews and was very gracious and complimentary towards ding after the uk final.

Postby SnookerEd25

I never used to like Maguire (couldn’t warm to him), but he seems to have mellowed in recent years & I no longer have a problem with him.

Just wanted that on the record. <ok>