Post a reply

Re: q school draws available.

Postby lhpirnie

168 players on the list. But several will withdraw if they retain their tour card this week. That's more than I expected with all the issues this year.

Format include best-of-5 frame matches. Derisory. But this is really all about just finding any old way to make it happen.

Postby SteveJJ

Mike Hallett and Dean Reynolds there.

Alfie Burden entered so assume not retiring.

A fair showing from mainland Europe. From Asia, the Chinese players over here already, Fang Xiongman, Lucky Vatnani, Keishin Kamihasi. Thomerson from Australia.

Andy Lee - interesting he entered this and not the Worlds..

Jamie Jones against Jamie Clarke in the first tournament.

Postby SteveJJ

Doesn't appear that Wattana and Doherty entered so either they will be retiring or expectant of more wildcards. Thats if Ken doesn't survive on merit.

Postby The_Abbott

Will Dean Reynolds win a frame?

I suspect Andy Lee entered this a while ago and won't turn up

Postby SnookerEd25

The_Abbott wrote:Will Dean Reynolds win a frame?

I suspect Andy Lee entered this a while ago and won't turn up

Dean Reynolds has had an eventful time since dropping off the circuit; a short spell in prison (driving offences, I think) and suffered a small stroke a few years back, so to be playing to any kind of standard is quite an achievement for him. 57 now, so I doubt he has any real ambitions to get back on the circuit but maybe this is a pledge he made to himself when in recovery, a target to aim for and if that is the case - good luck to him.

Postby snoopy2608

Sunny Akani has entered. It would take at least 8 players ranked below him to qualify for the Crucible and 4 of them to reach the 2nd round for him to drop out the top 64!

Postby lhpirnie

snoopy2608 wrote:Sunny Akani has entered. It would take at least 8 players ranked below him to qualify for the Crucible and 4 of them to reach the 2nd round for him to drop out the top 64!

Yes but if that happened he'd look a bit of a fool wouldn't he!

But I do have a problem why they did the draw so early, when there will clearly be several players who don't get relegated and therefore byes opening up. Of course I understand they want to let players plan their travelling etc., but even now they have called it a 'provisional schedule'.

Postby GeF

Many players gets a bye in round 1 and round 2, therefore they enter directly in round 3.
In events 2 and 3, depending on event 1 results, some players may enter in round 4...

The way the draw is made becomes more and more ridiculous !

Postby ROS147

So Michael White did fall off the tour then? I can’t believe he’s having to go through Q School. He’s far too good a player for that.

Postby SnookerEd25

Well, judging by the last few years standards, he should sail through.

I don’t think it is that the players don’t have the ability, I think the prize on offer induces nerves that they haven’t felt before; hence, it it usually the experienced players (Walker, Borg, Pinches etc.) who come through.

I honestly think Jimmy would qualify through Q-school, if he was required to.