Post a reply

Challenge Tour Play Offs !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 20th of July 2020 at the English Institute Of Sport in Sheffield

8 Players and only one Place on the World Snooker Tour for 2020/2021 and 2021/2022 season.

Will it be an Experiance player like Rory McLeod who first tuned pro in 1991 or one of the 5 players thats never played on the tour will triumph.

Allan Taylor who spend half the challenge tour season being a MC at the home nations having only played 5 out of 10 events but will have his chance of getting back on the main tour by winning 9 frames in this event.

Who will win?

Draw
Order of Play

Re: Challenge Tour Play Offs !!!

Postby gallantrabbit

Hopefully someone good and young will win. Others like Taylor and Mcleod have had their time on tour and not been successful. Neither them or Duffy will enhance the tour.

Postby Wildey

SnookerEd25 wrote:Is this being streamed anywhere?

Doubt it

Postby Wildey

gallantrabbit wrote:Hopefully someone good and young will win. Others like Taylor and Mcleod have had their time on tour and not been successful. Neither them or Duffy will enhance the tour.

I Feel Oliver Brown deserves his chance on tour.

In 2014/2015 he earned almost £13,000 as a top up player he earned more than about 40 main tour pros that season, so he deserves his chance, but he still has to earn that chance.

Postby Wildey

Latest Score

Jake Nicholson 0-2 Tyler Reese
Oliver Brown 2-1 Allan Taylor
Adam Duffy 2-0 Patrick Whelan
Dean Young 0-1 Rory McLeod

Postby SnookerEd25

Wildey wrote:
gallantrabbit wrote:Hopefully someone good and young will win. Others like Taylor and Mcleod have had their time on tour and not been successful. Neither them or Duffy will enhance the tour.

I Feel Oliver Brown deserves his chance on tour.

In 2014/2015 he earned almost £13,000 as a top up player he earned more than about 40 main tour pros that season, so he deserves his chance, but he still has to earn that chance.

I was very impressed when I first saw Oliver Brown, he had some good results early on as an amateur but hasn't built on it - I would have backed him to come through Q-school by now, but every year you miss out, you must get that bit more desperate...

Postby SnookerEd25

Latest scores : (bottom one a result)

Jake Nicholson 1 - 2 Tyler Rees
Oliver Brown 3 - 1 Allan Taylor
Dean Young 0 - 2 Rory McLeod
Adam Duffy 4 - 0 Patrick Whelan

Postby Wildey

Results

Jake Nicholson 4 - 2 Tyler Rees
Oliver Brown 3 - 4 Allan Taylor
Dean Young 1 - 4 Rory McLeod
Adam Duffy 4 - 0
Patrick Whelan

Semi Finals (4pm)

Jake Nicholson v Allan Taylor
Rory McLeod v Adam Duffy

Postby Wildey

Duffy and Taylor has been the higher scorers with Taylor making the only century

Postby SnookerEd25

Taylor bt. Nicholson 4-1

Duffy & McLeod are taking a bit longer - currently 2-1 Duffy

Postby Wildey

Allan Taylor looks set to reclaim his place on tour 3-0 up on Adam Duffy he lost his place at the end of last season after 6 seasons on tour his highest ranking has been 75 in 2018.

Postby Wildey

HappyCamper wrote:will he have to do his own introductions as emcee!?

If he gets back they will have to get a new MC. I'm sure there's a lot out of work these days.

Postby lhpirnie

Wildey wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:will he have to do his own introductions as emcee!?

If he gets back they will have to get a new MC. I'm sure there's a lot out of work these days.

Well, I infinitely prefer him to that idiot they have who instructs them what to call in the Shoot-Out. He's an embarrassment.

Congratulations to Allan Taylor anyway. He's a good guy to have on tour, even if not for his snooker.

Postby Wildey

So Allan Taylor is the latest player to earn a 2 year tour card

Beating Adam Duffy 4-0

he won 11 out of 12 frames to take the spot after trailing 3-1 to Oliver Brown in the Quarter Finals.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Wildey wrote:So Allan Taylor is the latest player to earn a 2 year tour card

Beating Adam Duffy 4-0

he won 11 out of 12 frames to take the spot after trailing 3-1 to Oliver Brown in the Quarter Finals.

Quite pleased for Taylor - seems like a decent bloke.

Postby Wildey

New Tour players so far

Andrew Pagett 6th and 7th season on tour highest ranking 70 2011
Aaron Hill Debut Season
Ashley Hugill 3rd and 4th season on tour highest ranking 82 2018
Iulian Boiko Debut Season
Gao Yang Debut Season
Sean Maddocks Debut Season
Pang Junxu Debut Season
Zhao Jianbo Debut Season
Lukas Kleckers 3rd and 4th season on tour Highest ranking 95 2018
Allan Taylor 7th and 8th season on tour highest ranking 75 2018

12 more players will be added in Q School

Postby mick745

Boring. Yet another player back on the tour who has never proved themselves good enough to stay there.

8 years with a highest ranking of 75 tells its own story.

Where is the up and coming English talent that should be mopping up these tour places.

Postby The_Abbott

mick745 wrote:Boring. Yet another player back on the tour who has never proved themselves good enough to stay there.

Where is the up and coming English talent that should be mopping up these tour places.

Mopping the floors instead I guess

Postby HappyCamper

mick745 wrote:Boring. Yet another player back on the tour who has never proved themselves good enough to stay there.

sean maddocks looks pretty handy at eighteen.

Postby Iranu

Wouldn’t it be 6 years with a high ranking of 75, if he’s earned his 7th and 8th?

I do agree with you about British talent though.