Post a reply

Re: Never Ending Quiz

Postby SnookerEd25

There is a parrot but not a whirlwind :td:

Postby Juddernaut88

Empire State Human wrote:Pretty sure it was Wattana, British Open. Watatna kept reaching the final and losing.

Correct :) It was 1994 British Open. Over to you sir

Postby Empire State Human

In 1982 Patsy Fagan lost in the last 64 of the Professional Players Tournament to which new professional who was only in his second season as a pro? (clue: he is perhaps best known for his work with the BBC.)

Postby Ck147

Davis

Postby Ck147

My missus says White
Edit: I forgot to mention the bit about about BBC
Last edited by Ck147 on 29 Jun 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Alex0paul

Ken Doherty

Postby Alex0paul

Alex0paul wrote:Ken Doherty

Was answering the previous question

Postby Ck147

Clive Everton?

Bingo. Everton beating Fagan was probably Clive's biggest win against a top player, although Fagan really went into decline from as early as '79 onwards, so I'm not sure if it was much of a result.

Over to Ck147. <ok>

Postby Ck147

Woohoo! Was reading about him a few weeks back and remembered he actually played snooker as well, but wasn't totally sure on the year. Neil Robertson question incoming...

Postby Ck147

How old was Robbo when he became the youngest player to make a century break in an Australian ranking event?

Postby Ck147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Neil Robertson?

Wrong

Postby Ck147

Alex0paul wrote:13

Nope

Postby Ck147

Juddernaut88 wrote:16

Non

Postby SnookerEd25

Empire State Human wrote:Bingo. Everton beating Fagan was probably Clive's biggest win against a top player, although Fagan really went into decline from as early as '79 onwards, so I'm not sure if it was much of a result.

Over to Ck147. <ok>

Ha! I discounted Clive because I thought he’d never beaten anyone of any repute as a pro’. I remember perusing his record on Cuetracker once & he’d only scraped a handful of match wins in his entire career.

Fair play to him for beating a former UK champion.

Postby HappyCamper

fifteen years, three months, two weeks, six days, eighteen hours, twentyfour minutes, and nine seconds.

the question does say ranking event - when was the first ranking event in australia? After he became world champion, right?

I'll go with 29.

Postby HappyCamper

Empire State Human wrote:the question does say ranking event - when was the first ranking event in australia? After he became world champion, right?

I'll go with 29.

the world champs counted towards the ranking when they were in oz i think. in the seventies.

though i'd assume the setter means australian domestic rankings.

Postby Ck147

First clue: less than 29 and greater than 13