Post a reply

Re: The Draw

Postby Holden Chinaski

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
D4P wrote:Ronnie's draw might see him playing the reigning UK Champion in the second round, the reigning Masters champion in the quarter-final, and the reigning World Champion in the final.

Yes his recent record suggests that he has a great chance of making the final this year.

Yes Mark Williams had a great recent record as well.

Postby D4P

Holden Chinaski wrote:I usually think Ronnie has a good chance of winning the Worlds, despite what some here think. He's still Ronnie O'Sullivan. What about MJW's record? He still won it again against all odds so why not Ronnie... But this year, I have my doubts about Ronnie. This Corona thing is probably too much for him with his fear of germs. I don't think he'll be in the right state of mind. Hope he proves me wrong.

Pre-Corona, I think Ronnie was saving himself to "peak" at the WC. But Corona has possibly thrown a wrench in his plan, both because of fear of germs as well as being confined in his hotel room...

Postby D4P

Pink Ball wrote:
D4P wrote:Ronnie's draw might see him playing the reigning UK Champion in the second round, the reigning Masters champion in the quarter-final, and the reigning World Champion in the final.

Ronnie’s draw might see him playing the reigning UK Champion in the second round.

Yeah, I suppose there's no guarantee that Bingham will reach the QF or that Trump will reach the F...

Postby Pink Ball

D4P wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Ronnie’s draw might see him playing the reigning UK Champion in the second round.

Yeah, I suppose there's no guarantee that Bingham will reach the QF or that Trump will reach the F...

Correct, they are not guaranteed to reach those stages. But O’Sullivan is now guaranteed not to go beyond the last 16.

Postby D4P

Pink Ball wrote:Correct, they are not guaranteed to reach those stages. But O’Sullivan is now guaranteed not to go beyond the last 16.

Whom shall I be expecting Ding to beat in the final...?

Postby Pink Ball

D4P wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Correct, they are not guaranteed to reach those stages. But O’Sullivan is now guaranteed not to go beyond the last 16.

Whom shall I be expecting Ding to beat in the final...?

Not sure. Trump, Maguire, Allen? Wouldn’t actually be shocked if Maguire made it a UK final repeat.

Postby Juddernaut88

Judd Trump vs Ding Junhui would be the dream final.

Postby Ck147

Mags v Ding

Postby HustleKing

Trump vs Hawkins is my final prediction, with Barry getting less than Higgins 9 frame haul last year

Postby Pink Ball

HustleKing wrote:Trump vs Hawkins is my final prediction, with Barry getting less than Higgins 9 frame haul last year

"I predict the 1998 World Snooker Championship final will take place between Stephen Hendry and Alan McManus."

Postby Andre147

Holden Chinaski wrote:I usually think Ronnie has a good chance of winning the Worlds, despite what some here think. He's still Ronnie O'Sullivan. What about MJW's record? He still won it again against all odds so why not Ronnie... But this year, I have my doubts about Ronnie. This Corona thing is probably too much for him with his fear of germs. I don't think he'll be in the right state of mind. Hope he proves me wrong.

If he plays and goes with the wrong mindset, I wouldn't rule out another first round exit.

Postby SnookerFan

SB on Twitter made the point that no crowds could help Ding.

Postby SnookerEd25

Crowds or no crowds, Ding’s biggest advantage is fate.

Postby Scooper

Ronnie needs to make sure a fan of his does the corona test so they don’t ram it up his nose

Postby McManusFan

Scooper wrote:Ronnie needs to make sure a fan of his does the corona test so they don’t ram it up his nose

I don't know about that, Ronnie's superfans seem to be the most critical of him.

Postby Wildey

More than 10 Chinese players have not entered the World Championship among them Zhou Yuelong, Xiao Guodong and Zhao Xintong.

As yet no info on Ding Junhui

Some haven't even bothered applying for Visas.

Postby lhpirnie

Wildey wrote:More than 10 Chinese players have not entered the World Championship among them Zhou Yuelong, Xiao Guodong and Zhao Xintong.

As yet no info on Ding Junhui

Some haven't even bothered applying for Visas.

Actually, it's quite a few more than 10.

When you say 'haven't even bothered...' it is of course a little more complicated than that.

Zhang Anda's non-participation confirms his relegation from the tour, possibly his retirement from snooker. Others will not be relegated this year, but the loss of 'ranking points' could drop them in 2021, especially if they don't play again until October, as I expect.

Postby The_Abbott

Is there a full list of who has not entered somewhere then?

Postby lhpirnie

Ding Junhui will fly to UK on 9th July. He has a bit more time than the others, due to his top-16 status.

Yan Bingtao, Liang Wenbo, Fan Zhengyi and Chen Feilong have stayed in the UK throughout the lockdown. They will play.

Lyu Haotian, Lu Ning, Tian Pengfei and Si Jiahui will travel to UK this week. Luo Honghao apparently will travel with Ding, but it seems rather late for him to play on 23rd July if the 14-day quarantine is required.

Zhou Yuelong, Xiao Guodong, Zhao Xintong, Li Hang, Mei Xiwen, Zhang Anda, Zhang Jiankang, Chang Bingyu, Chen Zifan, Xu Si, Bai Langning and Lei Pefan will not participate.

I don't yet know about Yuan Sijun, Gao Yang and Wu Yize. Yuan is awaiting a VISA.

Postby Wildey

lhpirnie wrote:Ding Junhui will fly to UK on 9th July. He has a bit more time than the others, due to his top-16 status.

Yan Bingtao, Liang Wenbo, Fan Zhengyi and Chen Feilong have stayed in the UK throughout the lockdown. They will play.

Lyu Haotian, Lu Ning, Tian Pengfei and Si Jiahui will travel to UK this week. Luo Honghao apparently will travel with Ding, but it seems rather late for him to play on 23rd July if the 14-day quarantine is required.

Zhou Yuelong, Xiao Guodong, Zhao Xintong, Li Hang, Mei Xiwen, Zhang Anda, Zhang Jiankang, Chang Bingyu, Chen Zifan, Xu Si, Bai Langning and Lei Pefan will not participate.

I don't yet know about Yuan Sijun, Gao Yang and Wu Yize. Yuan is awaiting a VISA.

I Don't know because of World Snooker testing every player that's competing or potentially competing test pending maybe there's a way round the quarantine

Postby Wildey

It's good that Ding is coming though if nothing else jut for Pink ball's mental health lol

Postby lhpirnie

Wildey wrote:It's good that Ding is coming though if nothing else jut for Pink ball's mental health lol

I was aware that Ding and his two main practice partners (Luo and Tian) were a 'priority'. The other players who are travelling happen to live in big cities where admin and travelling are more feasible.

Postby SnookerFan

McManusFan wrote:
Scooper wrote:Ronnie needs to make sure a fan of his does the corona test so they don’t ram it up his nose

I don't know about that, Ronnie's superfans seem to be the most critical of him.

And yet get the most butthurt when others say the smallest thing about him.

Postby SnookerFan

The qualifiers are going to be on Eurosport, innit?

Postby lhpirnie

SnookerFan wrote:The qualifiers are going to be on Eurosport, innit?

That's the plan. But we may still be relying on a Nikolay-stream for some matches. They'd probably only have one or two tables set up on ES.

Postby Wildey

Yea on Eurosport with full production from a studio in London, probably Rachel Casey will be on site.

BBC Will come from a external studio this year and probably Rob Walker doing interviews from Sheffield.

Postby Wildey

lhpirnie wrote:

That's the plan. But we may still be relying on a Nikolay-stream for some matches. They'd probably only have one or two tables set up on ES.

From my reading of it there will be one Eurosport Table and 2 Eurosport Player tables dont know wait and see.

Postby Wildey

With so many players missing a lot will be moving up the seeding table and avoiding some Rounds

We are already down to 115 pros lets discount Steve Mifsud thats 114 pros

Postby Wildey

Withdrawn so far

Marco Fu
Zhou Yuelong
Xiao Guodong
Zhao Xintong
Li Hang
Mei Xiwen
Zhang Anda
Zhang Jiankang
Chang Bingyu
Chen Zifan
Xu Si
Bai Langning
Lei Peifan
James Wattana

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
lhpirnie wrote:

From my reading of it there will be one Eurosport Table and 2 Eurosport Player tables dont know wait and see.

:D