Post a reply

Re: Coral Tour Championship Final !!!

Postby SnookerFan

[quote="gallantrabbit"]Thought you boys were snooker fans. Thought you watched the matches...guess you spend more time on here than actually watching. Any snooker player would know those two were at it. It was as clear as day from foulds and mcmanus's reactions from after the first session. Then Hendry said he hoped the pair were'nt having a conversation during the mid session interview like during the afternoon. Clear as day!!![/quote]

Well, I'm a key worker. So you can get back to clapping me.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

SnookerFan wrote:
gallantrabbit wrote:Thought you boys were snooker fans. Thought you watched the matches...guess you spend more time on here than actually watching. Any snooker player would know those two were at it. It was as clear as day from foulds and mcmanus's reactions from after the first session. Then Hendry said he hoped the pair were'nt having a conversation during the mid session interview like during the afternoon. Clear as day!!!

A locksmith?

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
gallantrabbit wrote:Thought you boys were snooker fans. Thought you watched the matches...guess you spend more time on here than actually watching. Any snooker player would know those two were at it. It was as clear as day from foulds and mcmanus's reactions from after the first session. Then Hendry said he hoped the pair were'nt having a conversation during the mid session interview like during the afternoon. Clear as day!!!

A locksmith?

Yes.

Now, applaud me dammit.

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerFan wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

A locksmith?

Yes.

Now, applaud me dammit.

:clap:

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut88 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

A locksmith?

Yes.

Now, applaud me dammit.

:clap:

<ok>

rofl

Postby chengdufan

I usually really enjoy reading the forum. There's the occasional idiot of course, but they don't tend to bother me too much.
This poster last night though, gallant rabbit, really snake hissed me off. I don't mind the mentioning of the idea of a possible fix, but the way gr went on and on, making out it was a certainty, just went too far. Sure, discuss the possibility. Don't state it as fact and that anyone who disagrees is an idiot. And don't post the same tripe about 20 times.
I'd like to suggest that the moderators issue a warning. No idea if others agree, but I thought those posts were out of line and not welcome here.

Postby gallantrabbit

Maybe this is something that doesn't sit comfortably with people and I agree. And this is something that I've very rarely seen in snooker, Lee and Burnett excepted. Allen started well yesterday but in three and four he missed very gettable shots to allow Mags to dish especially in the fourth where he missed in the middle by 3 inches. Someone in the zone doesn't miss by that much. There were then a series of misses,positional flaws and safety bungles at key times that were just too obvious to ignore. Coupled with the reaction from the pundits after session one.
I didn't back Mags because I felt someone might give them a serious heads up for the evening but tipped off a few friends to make their own decision.
But in session two the bungles persisted and it was all too clear that Allen was letting Mags in. There was a lit of cash at stake and it's not too hard in snooker to miss by minimal margins. But to a snooker player's eye it was too many times. I could edit the match and post 15 or 20 examples but will leave that to anyone interested enough.
I'm a snooker player and fan. Im also aware of the huge sponsorship role betting companies have in our game and this was letting them down badly.

Postby Prop

gallantrabbit wrote:Maybe this is something that doesn't sit comfortably with people and I agree. And this is something that I've very rarely seen in snooker, Lee and Burnett excepted. Allen started well yesterday but in three and four he missed very gettable shots to allow Mags to dish especially in the fourth where he missed in the middle by 3 inches. Someone in the zone doesn't miss by that much. There were then a series of misses,positional flaws and safety bungles at key times that were just too obvious to ignore. Coupled with the reaction from the pundits after session one.
I didn't back Mags because I felt someone might give them a serious heads up for the evening but tipped off a few friends to make their own decision.
But in session two the bungles persisted and it was all too clear that Allen was letting Mags in. There was a lit of cash at stake and it's not too hard in snooker to miss by minimal margins. But to a snooker player's eye it was too many times. I could edit the match and post 15 or 20 examples but will leave that to anyone interested enough.
I'm a snooker player and fan. Im also aware of the huge sponsorship role betting companies have in our game and this was letting them down badly.

That’s all fair enough, you’re entitled to see things as you see them. But instead of projecting that into a snooker forum, considering you feel so strongly about it why don’t you tell all that to the authorities instead?

Postby Prop

gallantrabbit wrote:Not my place. They have a whole committee to do that.
And no betting was suspended.

You see the contradiction then? If you believe strongly enough that the match was bent - and there’s no question that you feel strongly about it considering this thread being repeatedly peppered with your comments last night - then you must back that up. It’s no good saying “it’s not my place”. You made it your place. Just because they have a committee, doesn’t mean fans or spectators are excluded from having the opportunity to voice their concerns.

So, you have two choices:

Back up what you’re saying, get on the phone, send an email, maybe even create that video edit of what looks suspicious to you. Get it to the people that are employed to listen.

Or, don’t back up what you’re saying, because the object of your posting was more to stir up the thread and be a bit edgy than it was any genuine belief that the game was being dragged into disrepute.

No middle ground.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Yeah - I don't agree with GR as I think Allen and Maguire would be taking too much of a risk. However, I was not snake hissed off by his posts. He is a decent player (judging by highest break) and has formed his opinion. This is a snooker forum and I like different opinions. I think the overwhelming view of fans on here was that it was not fixed but it is good to question these things.

As Pinkball pointed out, the extra prize does open up possibilities.

Postby gallantrabbit

I dont have the time and wouldnt stand a chance. These things usually raise the hackles and I get that. I remember coming down strong on the Burnett v Maguire match where it was plainly office that Burnett was at it big time and my views were dismissed. Might I remind that Mags wasnt implicated in any way in wrongdoings in that match it was pure Burnett.

Postby SnookerFan

gallantrabbit wrote:I dont have the time and wouldnt stand a chance. These things usually raise the hackles and I get that. I remember coming down strong on the Burnett v Maguire match where it was plainly office that Burnett was at it big time and my views were dismissed. Might I remind that Mags wasnt implicated in any way in wrongdoings in that match it was pure Burnett.

I always wondered how people could blame Burnett and not Maguire in this incident. They were either both at it or neither at it.

The score was 9-3, so Burnett had to win 3 frames. If you were going to bribe Burnett to lose nine frames but not Mags, Burnett still would've had to win the three frames legitimately. How can they be sure he'd do that? Why would anybody spend a lot of money bribing a player to lose, then still leave the scoreline up to chance? They wouldn't.

It'd work if they bribed him to lose all frames, and then bet on the score being 9-0. But to have the score at 9-3, they'd have to bribe both of them.

So they were either both in on it or neither of them were.

Postby Prop

Just for the record, I’m not saying you’re wrong. But equally, it’s difficult to say you’re right. Without a proper investigation it’s just speculation, and as long as that speculation continues on this forum it might be the kind of thing that puts the forum at risk. I’d be happy to be corrected on that, though - I’m no lawyer.

So that was really the reasoning behind the suggestion that you go through official channels, like SF and I suggested.

Postby gallantrabbit

I think you are mistaken. There is a risk of a lower ranked player being whitewashed but Burnett was decent and would expect to win three out of seventeen. He reached a ranking final. I dont think Maguire was involved in anyway.
And he had the easy role yesterday to play the absolute best he could while Allen had to slip up and make it look real.

Postby Scooper

Now you mention it, mags was a bit shy about what he was spending prize money on. I like thought of him explaining to his missus that he’s giving 40k to his pal Mark to help fund his divorce costs

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:
gallantrabbit wrote:I'm still only stating opinion and there is no legal slant on this so no risk to the forum.

I don't know if you're right or not, but good luck convincing this lot. Some of them still think Stephen Lee was clean.

He definitely wasn't that....

Oh wait, sorry. I thought you said lean.

Postby Pink Ball

SnookerFan wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
gallantrabbit wrote:I'm still only stating opinion and there is no legal slant on this so no risk to the forum.

I don't know if you're right or not, but good luck convincing this lot. Some of them still think Stephen Lee was clean.

You are a funny guy, I'll give you that rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

You are a funny guy, I'll give you that rofl

You're not so bad yourself.