Post a reply

Re: Coral Tour Championship Final !!!

Postby Iranu

Pink Ball wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Foulds correct about the miss IMO

Was never a miss. Ref should have had his neck broken.

I don’t think Spencer’s a very good referee in general, to be honest.

Postby TheRocket

they say it every year but this year I'd say we really have a wide open WC because of the circumstances.

The long break has broken Trumps rhytm. No ones playing well atm. I think it will be a low quality WC and the likes of Wilson have a real chance.

Postby The_Abbott

Scooper wrote:Maybe even Ronnie will have a chance this year

Not over 17 days. Ronnie has not got stamina these days.

Postby D4P

The_Abbott wrote:
Scooper wrote:Maybe even Ronnie will have a chance this year

Not over 17 days. Ronnie has not got stamina these days.

Yeah, plus being cooped up in the hotel (because of COVID) doesn't suit him. He played quite well at the COVID Classic, but it remains to be seen whether he'll be able to put up with the 17-day lockdown...

Postby Andre147

Raphael98 wrote:Now, about the corruption stuff around. Two people (former AC-LT) and now Gallant denounce alleged forms of corruption. What is going on here? I am confused (shrug)

Don't mind them.

Postby Wildey

Iranu wrote:
Wildey wrote:At the moment no crowd is standing out like a sore thumb.

Let's hope there's some crowd at the Crucible

I hadn’t even thought about the lack of crowd until Yates mentioned it.

I had every single match at the crunch and at the start. During the match it was OK but all this no handshake no celebration just walking to your seat grab your stuff and out.

I notice it less in football because the team celebrate together or commiserate together but single person sport it looks naff at the end.

Postby McManusFan

Great match, and a great performance from Mags especially in the second session. He's definately a good shout for losing finalist at the worlds this year.

Postby gallantrabbit

My two predictions for today.
1.This will be the last year of the Coral bonus.
2. Mags will arrive in Sheffield with some extra padding in his clothing/or a large brown paper envelope.

Postby SnookerFan

gallantrabbit wrote:Yes wonder why that is...
Both with a sack full of cash and Allen with an expensive divorce to fund...

Have you got any evidence to suggest this?

Postby SnookerEd25

I think you need to get over this.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:

I think you need to get over this.

Yeah, I think you either need to provide proof or shut up about it.

And if you have proof, I'd suggest talking to the authorities with it.

Postby gallantrabbit

If the pair of them stripe Judd for a nice amount I couldn't really care less. I do care about the game being a play act though. Dont any of you?
There were countless shots played by Allen which stank and meant he was never going to win that game. If you all want to believe it was a true contest I couldn't give a hot.

Postby SnookerFan

gallantrabbit wrote:If the pair of them stripe Judd for a nice amount I couldn't really care less. I do care about the game being a play act though. Dont any of you?
There were countless shots played by Allen which stank and meant he was never going to win that game. If you all want to believe it was a true contest I couldn't give a hot.

People play badly. People bungle routine shots, even pros. That's not proof.

Nobody is saying that match fixing has never happened. But you can't accuse people without proof, and you have provided none.

If Mark Allen and Stephen Maguire had cheated as you suggest, nobody on this forum would condone them.

But unless we have stronger evidence than Mark Allen mucking up some shots, then there's no case to be made.

Postby gallantrabbit

Thought you boys were snooker fans. Thought you watched the matches...guess you spend more time on here than actually watching. Any snooker player would know those two were at it. It was as clear as day from foulds and mcmanus's reactions from after the first session. Then Hendry said he hoped the pair were'nt having a conversation during the mid session interview like during the afternoon. Clear as day!!!