Post a reply

Re: Coral Tour Championship Prediction Contest

Postby Iranu

PLtheRef wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Not sure I have faith in the administration of this any more.

Neither do I, mate.

On a serious note, if you are concerned, start from scratch and check the scores out form Saturday onwards, it's only four matches to check after all.

From experience, If I think I have made a mistake which I then can't seem to find then I go through that person's full entry to do a check and if necessary go through the contest again to do a full check.

I figured out what the error was! A silly admin error.

Postby Iranu

Table after day four:
1. Andre147 - 8 (2)
2. Badsnookerplayer - 8 (4)
3. PLTheRef - 7 (3)
4. Dan-cat - 5.5 (1.5)
5. Iranu - 5 (1)
6. Vodkadiet - 4.5 (0.5)
=7. Juddernaut88 - 3 (1)
=7. McManusfan - 3 (1)
9. CK147 - 2.5 (0.5)

Andre is first as he has predicted more correct winners (three matches out of four) than BSP.

Postby Iranu

Table after the semi-finals:
1. Andre147 - 12.5 (2.5)
2. Badsnookerplayer - 10 (4)
3. McManusfan - 8 (3)
4. Iranu - 7 (1)
5. PLTheRef - 7 (3)
6. Dan-cat - 5.5 (1.5)
7. Juddernaut88 - 5 (1)
8. Vodkadiet - 4.5 (0.5)
9. CK147 - 2.5 (0.5)

I’m still working out the permutations but as nobody predicted the correct tournament winner, most centuries maker, or player with largest margin of victory, the maximum number of ‘bonus’ points for non-score predictions is 13 if you chose Judd as the player to make the highest break.

Added to that choosing the correct winner and score for the final, I believe everybody is technically still able to win if things go their way.

Therefore can everybody PM me their predictions please by 1.30pm tomorrow afternoon.

I’ll send mine to Wildey if he’s agreeable.

Coral Tour Championship Final: deadline 1.30pm Friday 26th June
Stephen Maguire 10-10 Mark Allen

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:I'm sorry I missed the deadline for the semis Iranu.

The fact is I lost total faith in the administration after plummetting from 2nd to joint 20th or whatever it was.

Understandable. You can still win by the way.

Postby Dan-cat

Iranu wrote:

The fact is I lost total faith in the administration after plummetting from 2nd to joint 20th or whatever it was.

Hehe. Grenade well defended. I was joshing. I was up a mountain! Ok will PM you final predicts

Postby Wildey

PLtheRef wrote:Morning

My prediction for the Final is 10-8 Allen

Iranu wrote:Hey man,

Would you mine posting my prediction for the final?

Maguire 10-8 Allen

Postby SnookerEd25

Dan-cat wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Hehe. Grenade well defended. I was joshing. I was up a mountain! Ok will PM you final predicts

Shame, DC; you missed this gem at the start of last night's play :

"While Dan-Cat stands astride the apex of a mountain, Selby has one foot on the base"

Big Phil :hatoff:

Postby Iranu

Final Predictions Received

Vodkadiet:
Maguire 7-10 Allen

McManusfan:
Maguire 10-7 Allen

Andre147:
Maguire 10-8 Allen

Juddernaut88:
Maguire 10-8 Allen

Badsnookerplayer:
Maguire 5-10 Allen

Dan-cat:
Maguire 9-10 Allen

Can’t seem to quote from PMs and manual quoting doesn’t work either.

Postby Ck147

Sorry was busy at work and forgot to post mine, at least we know who is going to be last.

Postby Ck147

I'm sure he'll provide an update here at some point. Maybe something happened in his real life he needs to deal with. All I know is I'm last!

Postby Ck147

Ck147 wrote:I'm sure he'll provide an update when he can. Maybe something happened in his real life he needs to deal with. All I know is I'm last!

Postby Andre147

Final Table
1. Andre147 - 15 :win:
2. McManusfan - 13
3. Badsnookerplayer - 10
4. Iranu - 9.5
5. Juddernaut88 - 7.5
6. PLTheRef - 7
7. Vodkadiet - 6.5
8. Dan-cat - 5.5
9. CK147 - 2.5

Don't know what happened with Iranu, but here's the final table. McManusfan guessed the winner and the highest break of the tournament right, but he's still 2 points away off the eventual winner. So I'd like to congratulate myself on a job well done, and the winner of the 2020 Tour Championship Prediction Contest! :-D Thank you for those who entered it, and thanks to Iranu for running it (most of it, lol).

Postby Iranu

Final Standings:
1. Andre147 - 18 (3)
2. McManusfan - 13 (4)
3. Badsnookerplayer - 13 (4)
4. Iranu - 9.5 (1.5)
5. Vodkadiet - 9.5 (0.5)
6. Juddernaut88 - 7.5 (1.5)
7. PLTheRef - 7 (3)
8. Dan-cat - 5.5 (1.5)
9. CK147 - 2.5 (0.5)

A comfortable victory in the end for Andre147 who was a clear 5 points ahead of second place!

He, along with Vodkadiet, predicted both the correct high break and the correct number of centuries by the most prolific scorer, though neither predicted the correct player in either case.

Badsnookerplayer also predicted the correct highest number of centuries to draw level with McManusfan on points, however McManusfan retains 2nd by virtue of predicting more correct match winners throughout.

Nobody predicted the correct high break maker, most centuries maker, tournament winner or largest margin of victory meaning that bonus points were few and far between.

Congratulations to Andre! (I can’t do the trophy emoji) and many thanks to all who took part.

Postby Iranu

Just seen your post Andre <laugh>

I’ve counted the correct number of centuries regardless of if you guessed the player who made them, but it doesn’t make a difference to the positions at the top of the table. It does make you look a bit better though lol.

Apologies for the delay, got caught up in real life and wasn’t able to tally all the scores and bonus until now.