Post a reply

Re: More high quality excellence from Phil Yates

Postby Prop

Juddernaut88 wrote:Love him or hate him Phil Yates does have knowledge even if it is very pointless at times.

I don’t hate him. I’d find it impossible to hate somebody so helplessly out of tune.

Postby SnookerEd25

Juddernaut88 wrote:Love him or hate him Phil Yates does have knowledge even if it is very pointless at times.

He does, and I agree with Prop - difficult to dislike someone who clearly is so in love with the sport.

Got to be said, though, the ability to count the number of letters in a surname is not something to write home about.

Postby Ck147

Acé wrote:As if you guys are any better ROLMAO

You'd be stuttering all over the place if you were given the chance to commentate with your so called "snooker knowledge"

What makes you think that somebody here couldn't do better?

Postby Iranu

You'd be stuttering all over the place if you were given the chance to commentate with your so called "snooker knowledge"

a) You don’t know that.

b) Even if we couldn’t do better, that doesn’t mean he’s not rubbish.

I suppose you’ve never criticised any snooker player?

“ROLMAO”

Postby Acé

Ck147 wrote:

Being keyboard warriors on a snooker forum doesn't mean you've got the abilities to commentate and make it interesting for the viewers to listen to you.

I can tell you right now you would certainly be fired LOL

Postby Iranu

Holden Chinaski wrote:SnookerFan and Phil Yates would make a great commentary duo in my opinion.

“Well!

Snookerfan, I’m sure you’ll agree... sometimes you’ll come across a good pot that you’ll think, ‘Well, it was good but I could possibly have potted that.’

But that virtuoso demonstration of supremo potting from the 2019 World Champion was nothing short of...

EXTRAORDINARY!!”

“Shut the buck up, Phil.”

Postby Ck147

Acé wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

Being keyboard warriors on a snooker forum doesn't mean you've got the abilities to commentate and make it interesting for the viewers to listen to you.

I can tell you right now you would certainly be fired LOL

Wasn't really about keyboards, What's better, a great commentator who could pick up snooker and do a good job, or a poor commentator with snooker knowledge who does a poor job?

Postby SnookerFan

We're criticising people in context. If I say a player makes a poor shot, I mean by the standard a of a professional player. I don't mean I could play better than them.

Same with commentators. We're allowed not to like them.

By your logic, we should like all television personalities without exception.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:I don’t like Noel Edmonds.

Just wanted it on the record.

Could you do a better job?

Would anybody have wanted to watch SnookerEd25's House Party in the early 1990s? If you presented Deal Or No Deal, would you have been able to do it without stuttering in front of camera?

That being the case, you have no right to dislike him as a television personality. <ok>

Postby SnookerEd25

Never tried, so I can neither confirm nor deny whether I would have done a better job on either of those programmes.

I would have done a more clean-shaven job, thats all I can promise.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:Never tried, so I can neither confirm nor deny whether I would have done a better job on either of those programmes.

I would have done a more clean-shaven job, thats all I can promise.

Was that you that used to play Mr. Blobby?

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:i believe yates made a factually accurate statement that offered insight from a perspective different to what i would usually have.

That's one way of putting it.

It’s the way Phil would have put it.

Nicely done (thumb up)

Postby SnookerFan

csprince wrote:i like yates at least he loves the game as we do would take him over taylor and virgo any day.

To be fair to Yates, though I might "occasionally" criticise him, he does know a lot about the game. More than some commentators do.

He's just annoying. <laugh>

Postby Andre147

Another one:

"Some electric fans have been admited in the arena"

Then he said those fans came to cool down the temperature a little bit. Doherty was besumed rofl

Postby rekoons

Andre147 wrote:Another one:

"Some electric fans have been admited in the arena"

Then he said those fans came to cool down the temperature a little bit. Doherty was besumed rofl

bungke?