Post a reply

I became a Craigie fan

Postby gallantrabbit

And not just because of his snooker. Finally someone who speaks out against King Ronnie. I was watching the match between them and thought it was disgraceful at the time as osullivan snorted his way around the table. Nice to see Sam speak out.
As for Peter Lines's comments I dont think he was necessarily wrong in what he said questioning Craigies off table exploits but did he go on!!

Re: I became a Craigie fan

Postby lhpirnie

gallantrabbit wrote:And not just because of his snooker. Finally someone who speaks out against King Ronnie. I was watching the match between them and thought it was disgraceful at the time as osullivan snorted his way around the table. Nice to see Sam speak out.
As for Peter Lines's comments I dont think he was necessarily wrong in what he said questioning Craigies off table exploits but did he go on!!

Yes other commentators like Doherty and Yates mentioned it as well a few times. It's one of the few things people know about Sam Craigie, and with so much TV exposure they kept repeating it. I'm afraid commentators and pundits can have a lot of influence. They should be a little more guarded sometimes.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:You like him because he criticized Ronnie? Call yourself a snooker fan...

Craigie came out of this very badly indeed if you ask me.

You would say that.

He criticised Ronnie.

Postby D4P

I haven't watched the match, so I can't say anything about Ronnie's sniffling sounds, other than that I have a hard time believing that Ronnie (or any other player, for that matter) would sniffle on purpose during a match, especially a match against Sam Craigie.

Postby Pink Ball

gallantrabbit wrote:And not just because of his snooker. Finally someone who speaks out against King Ronnie. I was watching the match between them and thought it was disgraceful at the time as osullivan snorted his way around the table. Nice to see Sam speak out.

So Robertson has been coughing his lungs out throughout his career (when not at the table), but Sullivan getting the sniffles is enough to make someone speaking out against him a hero?

Postby Prop

I missed this hullabaloo. What did Craigie say? I did notice Ronnie sniffing a bit, but it didn’t seem worthy of comment.

Postby Prop

He put all that nonsense behind him years ago.

Postby gallantrabbit

Haha O knew there would be this sheep defending of the messiah. Actually listen to his snorting then watch the Bingham game after. Silent as a lamb. Craigie was right and it was great he spoke out. And yes I'm very much a snooker fan.

Postby Prop

gallantrabbit wrote:Haha O knew there would be this sheep defending of the messiah. Actually listen to his snorting then watch the Bingham game after. Silent as a lamb. Craigie was right and it was great he spoke out. And yes I'm very much a snooker fan.

I’m not sure what you’re on about, mate. But if you could get me up to speed on the facts you’re commenting on, that’d be great :)

Postby gallantrabbit

Havent got the link here but just google craigie and ronnie and you'll find the article in the metro. While Craigie may be a slightly loose cannon (nothing wrong with that) it shows he has a little bottle off the table too speaking out. Good luck to him.

Postby Prop

gallantrabbit wrote:Havent got the link here but just google craigie and ronnie and you'll find the article in the metro. While Craigie may be a slightly loose cannon (nothing wrong with that) it shows he has a little bottle off the table too speaking out. Good luck to him.

Cheers dude, I’ve found the interview now.

That just sounds like a classic “butthurt average sportsman riled into interview” to me. I mean, clearly nothing he says is rational or newsworthy.

Why is there a thread about this?

Postby vodkadiet1

I don't see why O'Sullivan would need to feign a cold to beat Craigie. Maybe he had the remains of a line of coke on his 'tache?'

Postby Pink Ball

gallantrabbit wrote:Haha O knew there would be this sheep defending of the messiah. Actually listen to his snorting then watch the Bingham game after. Silent as a lamb. Craigie was right and it was great he spoke out. And yes I'm very much a snooker fan.

Sheep? I couldn't stand Sullivan for most of his career. I don't mind him so much now, but still non-plussed about him.

Postby gallantrabbit

Let's not be blinkered eh? O'sullivan will be around for ever and I still enjoy watching him play, who wouldn't?
Just nice to see a lower ranked player stand up to him a little and not just roll over, like 99% of the players and all the commentators including Hendry do. Also Craigie is good to watch and has bottle. I hope to see a lot more of him and think we will.

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:

Sheep? I couldn't stand Sullivan for most of his career. I don't mind him so much now, but still non-plussed about him.

You're not a sheep, but you are Alan.

Postby TheSaviour

Difficult to judge if Ronnie´s at times clear arrogance is any joking and kidding from Ronnie´s or not. As well as difficult to judge if Ronnie has difficulties to understand that basically any given top-player just needs to go for their shots, that´s the only way to play the top-standards. If difficult potting attempts are to be refused the cue ball just won´t be there where it always should be. Obviously they all overcook the efforts to immeaditely to do something "special" with the cue ball. Nowhere really reads the correct paths to make the nice to great breaks. Perhaps Ronnie just tries to tell the people just refuse those difficult potting efforts and just play the game of "snooker". Difficult to judge really, at least to me, as I hardly never listen to what he speaks. That´s because I just don´t believe he either amongs the whole globe even tries to speak any sense, which means he also just refuses to be any out-spoken or a fair person.

At times Ronnie´s snooker is just awful and pathetic, usually or almost always just great. But even the first options is a top, top standard. Anyone else playing, aaaaaand there wouldn´t be any playing, really. It just depends on the actual world angle to watch the table and Ronnie of how it really looks..

But basically I am just bored to write anything regarding the lads like these. Good luck to you if you really have became a Craigie-fan. He certainly have the looks of an Irish Guard soldier, like those lads or not. They are pretty efficient, to tell you the truth.

These days Dalmatian tuna is highly prized by the Japanese. A meaty, paprika goulash, is also amongs the regular finds.

Possessing the latest mobile has overtaken wearing designer sunglasses as the ultimate signifier of Croatian chic.

Some have already retired. Glad there are a highly, highly vibrant people out there. Can´t feel anything useless now.

I think that I am going to arrange a party. I certainly deserve just that, and no-one else really. If the people who have something against me are also going to be there, then I am going to get my bottom beaten up quite badly, to put a very mildly. If there is someone who have guts.

But…. The good news as well!; THE SHOP IS CLOSED NOW. THEY FINALLY GOT IT, THE SHOP IS CLOSED NOW

Change your mind once again now. Is it on now? Can´t be on now. Sharp, sharp, sharp, it isn´t on now. Wait for a while, and it will be on again.

Good new as well; just talk and think just something actual about the game, and you´re already safe. Any giving playing isn´t just playing by the rich people, but put some efforts to think and to talk just some insight also. And then you ain´t murderer anymore.

Never listen to those ex-hippies from the 70s. "We offer, we arrange". Aaaaaaaand it involves. It involves. That´s the key word. It involves, to put it a very mildly ha ha ha ha ha haa.

"We offer, we arrange". Because no-one ever offered any to us.

Same shirt, same pants. Veri häpi. Veri häpi. Same pants now. Veri häpi.

Time to go, really ?

Postby Dan-cat

Of course, after 25 years of good sportsmanship and not cheating, Ronnie decides to parakeet against Sam Craigie ina nothing match. What a crock.

Did the Metro get Craigie drunk? Running his mouth off like that. He should be ashamed.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Ronnie had the sniffles. Probably from getting Corona tests up his nose. Big deal. I think Craigie just wants attention and he knows if you want attention in the snooker world you just need to mention Ronnie. What are we going to discuss next, Ronnie's moustache?

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:Ronnie had the sniffles. Probably from getting Corona tests up his nose. Big deal. I think Craigie just wants attention and he knows if you want attention in the snooker world you just need to mention Ronnie. What are we going to discuss next, Ronnie's moustache?

His decline.

Postby SnookerEd25

We’re getting a hell of a lot of mileage out of a complete non-story.

Even theSaviour has weighed in!

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerEd25 wrote:We’re getting a hell of a lot of mileage out of a complete non-story.

Even theSaviour has weighed in!

Saviour does have a point. Dalmation tuna is way too expensive, man. Never listen to those ex-hippies.