Post a reply

Re: Matchroom.live Championship League

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:Also congrats on your country player Holden on winning the event.

Holden is to Luca what Jack is to Judd.

Postby SnookerEd25

Andre147 wrote:
Also congrats on your country player Holden on winning the event.

RIGGED!

Bucking Belgian betting syndicates...

Postby Iranu

Video game adverts are the new car adverts. And car adverts as we all know were the new perfume adverts.

Postby Ck147

SnookerEd25 wrote:Few curry stains down Alan’s shirt from his takeout earlier

Really? Didn't see any myself. Pretty sure he wears a bib when he eats.

Postby HustleKing

Iranu wrote:Video game adverts are the new car adverts. And car adverts as we all know were the new perfume adverts.

Why does every single car advert these days feel the need to butcher a great song with a really dull cover?

Postby Iranu

All in all that was a very enjoyable tournament.

I’ll admit I was skeptical at first; happy to have snooker on but not convinced that it would prove particularly captivating as a spectacle.

But it was actually very watchable. Yeah, there could have been a few tweaks to make the format slightly more competitive but as it happened, certainly in the back half of the tournament the late matches were generally significant and many of them produced either great quality, great drama or both. And in the end the winner was a worthy one, and also a player that you could argue really needed it from a career point of view - obviously we’ll see how that pans out in future.

Well done and thanks to everyone involved for producing a relatively meaningful, long-form snooker tournament in these trying times that actually managed to be more than a televised practise session.

Postby SnookerEd25

Alex0paul wrote:Standout match along with the Doherty v Carty game for me

Doherty v Carty had more drama. Final was a great match, but a tactical battle on the colours to finish would have been the icing on the cake.

Can’t have everything, though; at least we had a live final match to cap a thoroughly entertaining 11 days.

I’m with Alex; really going to miss this tomorrow. At least we don’t have long to wait for the next fix.

Postby Ck147

Alex0paul wrote:Might get that Britbox to watch Little Britain and the League of Gentleman

You might be a little disappointed, society has deemed your viewing wishes as unacceptable, mofo's.

Postby Ck147

Iranu wrote:All in all that was a very enjoyable tournament.

I’ll admit I was skeptical at first; happy to have snooker on but not convinced that it would prove particularly captivating as a spectacle.

But it was actually very watchable. Yeah, there could have been a few tweaks to make the format slightly more competitive but as it happened, certainly in the back half of the tournament the late matches were generally significant and many of them produced either great quality, great drama or both. And in the end the winner was a worthy one, and also a player that you could argue really needed it from a career point of view - obviously we’ll see how that pans out in future.

Well done and thanks to everyone involved for producing a relatively meaningful, long-form snooker tournament in these trying times that actually managed to be more than a televised practise session.

Agree, definitely got better as it progressed.

Postby HustleKing

Ck147 wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Might get that Britbox to watch Little Britain and the League of Gentleman

You might be a little disappointed, society has deemed your viewing wishes as unacceptable, mofo's.

The touts will have a field day, starting to sell DVD's that would have went for 5 quid in Tesco last year for multiples more!

Postby Iranu

HustleKing wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

The touts will have a field day, starting to sell DVD's that would have went for 5 quid in Tesco last year for multiples more!

Or people could just torrent them for free!
Neither I nor the Snooker Island establishment endorse this course of action

Although Little Britain’s not worth it anyway. It’s rubbish.

Postby Ck147

Iranu wrote:
HustleKing wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

Or people could just torrent them for free!
Neither I nor the Snooker Island establishment endorse this course of action

Although Little Britain’s not worth it anyway. It’s rubbish.

Stfu Iranu

Postby Iranu

Scooper wrote:I bet more people want to watch those shows now they’re banned. Result

The Streisand Effect

Postby HustleKing

Scooper wrote:I bet more people want to watch those shows now they’re banned. Result

The awkward thing though, is that David Walliams is incredibly popular and they can't really cancel him

Postby Andre147

Crazy that Ronnie had 15 points, just 2 less than the leader at 17, and ROS didnt even play the Final group.

Postby Wildey

Iranu wrote:All in all that was a very enjoyable tournament.

Yea it came aalive last 3 days the first 8 days did not do it really but Snooker is a sport that you got to stick with and theen the Excitement will come.

But it really was flat at the end with nobody there and no handshake.

Whats wrong with a handshake we all go shopping grb a trolley or basket and get change from the assistent and then wash our hands often there after.