Post a reply

How much does it cost to host a tournament?

Postby Ander

I don't know if this is the best place to ask, but I'll give it a try...

I've been asked about how much a snooker tournament would cost. I know Spain doesn't have the tradition to host a ranking event, but maybe an EPTC event or an invitational one. There seems to be a place to host it (1000 square meters) and some companies that'd put some money. Snooker is growing bigger in Spain and it also receives many tourists that might be interested.

Who should I ask about the costs? World Snooker? Those in Fürth, Brugge, Prague? I would like to get some information and decide whether it's possible or completely out of reach.

Thanks in advance. :)

Re: How much does it cost to host a tournament?

Postby Casey

Well you would need to consider your level of prize money. An average ranking event would cost around 400k - 450k (96 players) With a top prize of around 40k, that would include all costs.

As for an EPTC event, well that would be much cheaper and speak to World snooker and they will advise you on costs, logistics etc.

Re: How much does it cost to host a tournament?

Postby Wildey

Yes as case sais if you interested get in touch with World Snooker ....for a PTC Event you will need a minimum of 8 tables but ideally 10 or even more then lighting for each preferably seating area before you get any player/referees there.