Post a reply

Re: Sad report on Willie Thorne

Postby SnookerEd25

Yes, he hasn’t Tweeted in over a month & he’s usually fairly active on that platform.

Sad news indeed.

Postby HustleKing

Very sad to see at a relatively young age of 66.

Hopefully he can continue to watch and understand live snooker when it returns and it goes some way to boosting his spirits

Postby Iranu

Wallace12 wrote:This is a sorry demise. Mostly self-inflicted, but still very sad to see, nevertheless.

Self-inflicted?

Postby Wallace12

Iranu wrote:
Wallace12 wrote:This is a sorry demise. Mostly self-inflicted, but still very sad to see, nevertheless.

Self-inflicted?

Meant the gambling, eating and drinking over the years which has no doubt contributed to the situation in which he finds himself in. Not the cancer obviously.

Postby donthittheblue

Wallace12 wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Self-inflicted?

Meant the gambling, eating and drinking over the years which has no doubt contributed to the situation in which he finds himself in. Not the cancer obviously.

This is an incredibly crass comment. Leukemia has no definitive causes.

Whilst it's true that Willie hasn't led the 'cleanest' of lifestyles' that doesn't make him dying of a cancer that may have been aggravated by that self-inflicted, his lifestyle has never been the most considerate of his own health but even with that being so, no-one deserves to die of any former of cancer and 66 is pretty damn young for that to catch up with you.

Postby Wallace12

donthittheblue wrote:
Wallace12 wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Self-inflicted?

This is an incredibly crass comment. Leukemia has no definitive causes.

Whilst it's true that Willie hasn't led the 'cleanest' of lifestyles' that doesn't make him dying of a cancer that may have been aggravated by that self-inflicted, his lifestyle has never been the most considerate of his own health but even with that being so, no-one deserves to die of any former of cancer and 66 is pretty damn young for that to catch up with you.

Indeed. I apologise if my previous comment came across as callous. Language barriers can be a lovely lady sometimes.

Postby Wallace12

Dan-cat wrote:What language barrier Wallace? You are from Kent arent you?

No, I'm from Paris. You must have me mixed up with someone else.

Postby vodkadiet1

Wallace12 wrote:

Kent isn't that far from Paris. It is the type of distance that Dominic Cummings would drive to test to see if his eyes were okay for a longer journey.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Wallace12 wrote:

Paris Texas?

Postby Wallace12

Dan-cat wrote:Alicante is about an hour from where I am. I wonder if I should go visit him, take him something.

Booze and cocaine?

Postby Dan-cat

Wallace12 wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Alicante is about an hour from where I am. I wonder if I should go visit him, take him something.

Booze and cocaine?

I was thinking more along the lines of tea and sympathy.

Postby SnookerEd25

Get a card, date it yesterday, sign all our names to it.

Job done.

Postby HustleKing

SnookerEd25 wrote:Get a card, date it yesterday, sign all our names to it.

Job done.

Yes, because other people thinking I legally changed my name to 'HustleKing' is not embarrassing at all

Postby SnookerEd25

HustleKing wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:Get a card, date it yesterday, sign all our names to it.

Job done.

Yes, because other people thinking I legally changed my name to 'HustleKing' is not embarrassing at all

Sign all our names except HustleKing.

And call Pinkie ‘Alan’

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Dan-cat wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:Dan-cat

Ask him about his favourite flat back pack.

I miss talk of flat back packs :-)

I just messaged him on twitter, asks if he needs anything

That's kind :hatoff:

Postby donthittheblue

Some chicken, a six pack of lager and a fishing rod...

Postby Badsnookerplayer

donthittheblue wrote:

Raoul Moat reference :hatoff:

Postby Wallace12

donthittheblue wrote:

Are you Paul Gascoigne?