Post a reply

Re: What is the greatest shot in snooker history?

Postby vodkadiet1

mick745 wrote:No need to call people morons.

The vast majority of people eat meat.

And who started with the insults?

Anyway, there is no virtue in being with the majority. People aren't smart and they are in general very selfish. Most people buy caged hen eggs just to save 30 pence on 6 eggs. Speaks volumes.

The point is all these diseases seem to stem from eating animals.

Postby rekoons

HustleKing wrote:Williams shot against Hawkins in the 2018 WC SF where he sent a red near the black off the top cushion to cannon another red hovering over the right middle pocket. By jingo, what a shot :D

+1

Postby Badsnookerplayer

vodkadiet1 wrote:

Anyway, there is no virtue in being with the majority. People aren't smart and they are in general very selfish. Most people buy caged hen eggs just to save 30 pence on 6 eggs. Speaks volumes.

That works out to 5p per egg.

Not insignificant is it? :spot on:

Postby vodkadiet1

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:

That works out to 5p per egg.

Not insignificant is it? :spot on:

Even if you ate 1000 eggs a year that is £50. Let's keep them hens from ever seeing daylight and not able to be move a foot either way for the sake of a couple of quid. How dare they be anything other than a human commodity. They are no better than an inanimate object.

Postby Ck147

vodkadiet1 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Oh - do eggs come from chickens then?

What came first?

Egg, it came from a henosaurus that mutated due to toxic remnants of the asteroid collision and layed a smaller than usual egg. 3 weeks later the very first modern day chicken hatched. Soon after the ancestor of Colonel Sanders set up a restaurant and has been selling them ever since.

Postby vodkadiet1

Andre147 wrote:Don't turn this thread into a veganism debate.

Create a thread for that or use an existing one.

I didn't start with the insults. It seems that certain people hate facts.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:

pmsl <ok> :goodpost:

Postby Juddernaut88

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:

This is a tune :) I loved the 2015 Ashes version of this <laugh>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkK8_yFNKKM

Postby The Ace

HustleKing wrote:

You are the 3rd poster to post this shot.

We've all seen it by now and know it is a damn good shot, no need to re post it and act like Judd is the prime Tiger Woods of snooker >-(

Why are you annoyed by this? If I’m the third person to post it, then could it be that this is in fact the best ever shot? I get the impression that you have a problem with Judd. Please don’t be angry.

Postby Iranu

The Ace wrote:
HustleKing wrote:

We've all seen it by now and know it is a damn good shot, no need to re post it and act like Judd is the prime Tiger Woods of snooker >-(

Why are you annoyed by this? If I’m the third person to post it, then could it be that this is in fact the best ever shot? I get the impression that you have a problem with Judd. Please don’t be angry.

Lol of course it’s not the best ever shot.

Postby The Ace

Iranu wrote:
The Ace wrote:
HustleKing wrote:

Lol of course it’s not the best ever shot.

Why do you laugh at the idea of it being the best ever shot? What do you think is the best ever shot?

Postby Iranu

Well I’ve already posted a couple of examples that I think are better shots.

It’s a great shot, mostly because of the creativity. He had a decent target to aim for though with the three reds, so the best bit about it was actually seeing the shot to play.

Judd himself has played better shots than that one, like when he potted the red, knocked the other one out and landed on the black during his 147 attempt in the 2019 world final.

Postby The Ace

The thing that makes it the best is that nobody else in the game can play those shots that Judd does. Even Stephen Hendry said as much. To see the shot and to execute it in such a unique fashion whilst the frame is still live, that for me makes it the best.

Postby Iranu

The Ace wrote:The thing that makes it the best is that nobody else in the game can play those shots that Judd does. Even Stephen Hendry said as much. To see the shot and to execute it in such a unique fashion whilst the frame is still live, that for me makes it the best.

You honestly think that shot is the best shot of all time?

As for nobody else being able to play a similar shot, this one is not dissimilar: https://youtu.be/ZusQV9kP7e4. Not as good though because the target’s even bigger and it only uses the one cushion.

Judd’s shot is a fantastic one, but it’s not the best shot ever. I also don’t think it’s an example of a shot that only Judd can play, although there are several of those.

Postby The Ace

Iranu wrote:
The Ace wrote:The thing that makes it the best is that nobody else in the game can play those shots that Judd does. Even Stephen Hendry said as much. To see the shot and to execute it in such a unique fashion whilst the frame is still live, that for me makes it the best.

You honestly think that shot is the best shot of all time?

As for nobody else being able to play a similar shot, this one is not dissimilar: https://youtu.be/ZusQV9kP7e4. Not as good though because the target’s even bigger and it only uses the one cushion.

Judd’s shot is a fantastic one, but it’s not the best shot ever. I also don’t think it’s an example of a shot that only Judd can play, although there are several of those.

Yes. Even Jimmy couldn’t recreate Judd’s shot!

Mark Williams blue was great and it’s definitely up there in terms of uniqueness too.

Postby Andre147

It's very hard to define what the best ever shot is.

One shot could be considered better than another one, but that shot might have been played when the frame was already won.

Playing a great shot in live play for me is much better as it adds to the pressure of the execution. But also having said that I mentioned before that I consider Ronnie's red for the 147 v Ding at the Welsh and Selby's last black to middle for the 147 at the UK Champs also some of the best I've seen, because even though frame was won, the pressure to get 147 is immense.