Post a reply

Re: New Championship League style tournament

Postby Wildey

Not sure its morraly right if players are being tested daily when Tests are not that forth coming although if track and trace going to work properly we got to test people regularly anyway and thats a high % of the population.

My Gut feeling is this is right that social distencing and the practicalities of it for snooker is looked at in a event like this before we put on a major event as a experimant however i feel its too early to do it in this country or talk about it myfeeling is in 2 weeks there will be a increase in infection and it wont happen.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:Not sure its morraly right if players are being tested daily when Tests are not that forth coming although if track and trace going to work properly we got to test people regularly anyway and thats a high % of the population.

This is a good point. People working in hospitals, for example, aren't necessarily being tested if they work in admin.

Wasting tests by giving people one every day just to play snooker is horrific when you realise the difficulty normal people are having getting it.

It'd be different if everybody had access to tests at all time. But that's nothing like the truth.

First give the tests to shop workers, bus and train drivers. School workers, hospital workers, carers. People that are keeping the country going.

Postby Wildey

Also just say this goes on or snooker the WC for example Players will have to play much slower the refs will need more time to re spot balls and players will need to back away from the table often.

you cant have Ronnie having the hump with Terry Camileri or Leo Skullion if snooker will happen in the near future or even this year Play will have to be much slower than we are used to from some players.

Postby Alex0paul

Excellent that they’re trying to get something on. How about trying to be positive about the bloody situation

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:Excellent that they’re trying to get something on. How about trying to be positive about the bloody situation

This is definitly a possitive move for Snooker no doubt and if they are going to get the WC on this year this could iron a few things out instead of using the WC as a experimant. my gut feeling if they are going to go ahead with the WC Qualifiers is it will be played on less tables for longer ie most of july 11 tables they had for 8 days normally is not a option.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Wild's got a point about the tests though.

this is definitly a better move than straight in to the WC but id hate to think sport is monopolising testing capacity.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Brexit, Corona... Yet another thing for us plebs to squabble over while the rich guys help themselves to the till

The Coronavirus is hardly the same thing as Brexit.

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:Brexit, Corona... Yet another thing for us plebs to squabble over while the rich guys help themselves to the till

Conspiracy theories :zzz:

Postby vodkadiet1

All the idiots congregating in Hyde Park hugging each other are no doubt Trump and Johnson fans. The common thread being a lack of brain cells.

Postby SteveJJ

vodkadiet1 wrote:All the idiots congregating in Hyde Park hugging each other are no doubt Trump and Johnson fans. The common thread being a lack of brain cells.

Thats a bit hard on Judd Trump and Joe Johnson fans

Postby The Ace

vodkadiet1 wrote:All the idiots congregating in Hyde Park hugging each other are no doubt Trump and Johnson fans. The common thread being a lack of brain cells.

So you're that one forum idiot who doesn't stop talking about politics? Good to know.

Postby Pink Ball

We have to eventually start taking risks as we step back towards normality. Now is not the time for gigantic risks. Now is the time for sticking our toes in the water.

This is not a gigantic risk, and far from it. Let’s not pretend otherwise.

I take the point on testing and I agree on that one. On the other hand, it’s nice to hear how bucking cautious Hurn is being.

Postby vodkadiet1

The Ace wrote:

So you're that one forum idiot who doesn't stop talking about politics? Good to know.

Politics affects everything you fool. If the government decide sport cannot go ahead then it won't. Or shall I draw a diagram?

Postby Wildey

Pink Ball wrote:We have to eventually start taking risks as we step back towards normality. Now is not the time for gigantic risks. Now is the time for sticking our toes in the water.

This is not a gigantic risk, and far from it. Let’s not pretend otherwise.

I take the point on testing and I agree on that one. On the other hand, it’s nice to hear how bucking cautious Hurn is being.

i agree with you we have got to take some risks.

What would happen if we were in 2025 and still no Vaccine sorry but we really cant live like this indefinate people are not spending time with their 80 to 90 year old perants and in that age you might never see them again in health with or without caronavirus.

we got to respect all these guidlines for now but not going forward in to next year what will be the point in that.

Postby Alex0paul

It’s only £20000 for the winner so I cant see many of the big earners playing it.

Guessing it’s non ranking too

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:It’s only £20000 for the winner so I cant see many of the big earners playing it.

Of course its non ranking its designed to get players playing and earn a few quid

Postby lhpirnie

Wildey wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:It’s only £20000 for the winner so I cant see many of the big earners playing it.

Of course its non ranking its designed to get players playing and earn a few quid

Yes I don't know where they got the prizemoney from. Perhaps they did a deal to replace the TC on ITV. But they are looking for 64 players only. Probably they want to test out larger numbers to see if the WC qualifiers are viable. I think they will be lucky to get 64. It's very soon.

Postby Wildey

lhpirnie wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Yes I don't know where they got the prizemoney from. Perhaps they did a deal to replace the TC on ITV. But they are looking for 64 players only. Probably they want to test out larger numbers to see if the WC qualifiers are viable. I think they will be lucky to get 64. It's very soon.

At the moment any TV Channell will make a deal to get live sport on so i dont think this is inplace of TC its added to the TV Schedules. its obviously designed for testing out the practicalities of putting on a wort while tv production as well as a Snooker Tournament.

My guess when players in the zone social distencing will be forgotten quite often.

Postby SnookerFan

SteveJJ wrote:

Thats a bit hard on Judd Trump and Joe Johnson fans

rofl

Postby lhpirnie

Wildey wrote:
lhpirnie wrote:
Wildey wrote:

At the moment any TV Channell will make a deal to get live sport on so i dont think this is inplace of TC its added to the TV Schedules. its obviously designed for testing out the practicalities of putting on a wort while tv production as well as a Snooker Tournament.

My guess when players in the zone social distencing will be forgotten quite often.

Yes I agree. I don't even know why they are bothering with the social distancing, face-masks, own equipment stuff if they are testing everyone anyway.

Perhaps it's just to make things look better to a skeptical viewing audience. Or maybe they are just looking at these measures in case they can't always get the antigen testing done.

Postby The Ace

vodkadiet1 wrote:
The Ace wrote:

Politics affects everything you fool. If the government decide sport cannot go ahead then it won't. Or shall I draw a diagram?

What you said was unnecessary and rude. It’s one thing talking about when governments around the world will lift restrictions, it’s another thing to make sweeping statements like you did.

Postby Dan-cat

Iranu wrote:

Conspiracy theories :zzz:

No conspiracy here. The NHS is being dismantled and privatised, awarding the contracts to Tory supporters' companies. I know, because I work with someone who was Boris's right-hand man for 8 years. The old boys network is thriving.

But thanks for the insult. That's what it is now isnt it? An insult. If you dare to doubt the mainstream media's line you are a tin foil wearing idiot.

Postby The_Abbott

Lets be honest, most of the conditions they are putting in place require commo sense which sadly most of the country don't have - like the scenes at Hyde Park.

Apart from how on earth they will have their hands on testing facilities, the rest of the precautions are pretty standard - social distancing and hand sanitiser.

I think this could work - particularly if Leicester is not a badly effected area (I don't know the figures in Leicester). Where I live in the South its not that bad locally.

If this was being held in North East or a major city I would have more concerns.

The players just need to stay alert and wash hands after every match.

Postby SnookerEd25

The_Abbott wrote:I think this could work - particularly if Leicester is not a badly effected area (I don't know the figures in Leicester). Where I live in the South its not that bad locally.

If this was being held in North East or a major city I would have more concerns.

Interesting point. What have the numbers been like around the Sheffield area?