Post a reply

Re: Judd Trump ponders how many WCs the fans think he can wi

Postby Acé

Andre147 wrote:Depends if he can play that sort of level like he showed most of last year. I'd say at least 3 World Titles.

He looks to be hungry

if the WC is cancelled then in the future there will always be a "what if" scenario on the 2020 tournaments cancelled due to coronavirus given Trump's unrelenting, tireless run this season

Postby vodkadiet1

All these questions are pointless. You win what you win.

O'Sullivan was talking about beating Hendry's record after he won his 3rd World Title and Higgins was talking about beating Hendry's record after winning his 4th World Title.

Higgins now has no chance and O'Sullivan not much chance.

Postby Juddernaut88

I think at least another 3 more. Anything more would be a bonus. I'd also like to see him win another 3 UK championship titles and another 3 Masters titles too, also win Champions of champions and Shanghai Masters a few times.

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet1 wrote:All these questions are pointless. You win what you win.

O'Sullivan was talking about beating Hendry's record after he won his 3rd World Title and Higgins was talking about beating Hendry's record after winning his 4th World Title.

We can speculate which is what most of us do. Doesn't mean the players will go on and actually do it.

Postby vodkadiet1

Andre147 wrote:

We can speculate which is what most of us do. Doesn't mean the players will go on and actually do it.

I used to speculate that I was going to sleep with most of the women on 'Baywatch'. Unfortunately it proved to be just a fantasy.

Postby PLtheRef

On the face of it is seems a genuine question but also asking "last?" seems rather strange, especially given the success during his first season as World Champion

To be fair there is no reason why he can't win at least three or four World Championships, even more if he was to actually get to the stage where he was dominating the scene.

But even if he was to end up with just the one. One is all you need to be remembered. All the players who have taken part in the event over the past 93 years and just 26 have been Champion

Postby Ck147

vodkadiet1 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

I used to speculate that I was going to sleep with most of the women on 'Baywatch'. Unfortunately it proved to be just a fantasy.

Should have been more realistic then, like the women in Coronation Street or Emmerdale, you might have had a chance then. I used go to a place frequented by Hollyoaks and Bill cast, I'll be honest, always went home disappointed and sober because the drinks were so expensive.

Postby vodkadiet1

Ck147 wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Should have been more realistic then, like the women in Coronation Street or Emmerdale, you might have had a chance then. I used go to a place frequented by Hollyoaks and Bill cast, I'll be honest, always went home disappointed and sober because the drinks were so expensive.

Yeah! Those Yuppie Mancunians have got a lot to answer for. The closest I ever got was a dancer from Bombay Dreams. It was a cheap hotel room in Kennington!

Postby vodkadiet1

Iranu wrote:It’s a weird thing to directly ask people online. Seems like craving validation, although I’m sure he doesn’t.

"Yeah Judd. You will win 10 World Titles without ever needing to practice. Go out and enjoy yourself!"

God told me.

Postby HustleKing

Iranu wrote:It’s a weird thing to directly ask people online. Seems like craving validation, although I’m sure he doesn’t.

Yeah, quite a stupid thing for Judd to do. If he does won a ton of WC's, people will just want to ignore this incident because they won't what to deal with him possibly being smug about it. If he wins no more, or even just one more, people with an axe to grind with him will bring this up as a means of shooting him down for being over confident (I won't be one of those people, just saying!). It's not as if anyone forced him to do this either, he should have just kept his mouth shut

Postby mick745

He left it fairly late to win his first, though there is no reason he cant dominate the 2020s. Trouble is he has blown hot and cold a bit at the WC.

Bingtao could come through on the rails.

Can he repeat or even emulate the standard he set in 2019, especially in the final. Or was that the high point? We dont know yet.

Postby Andre147

He might not need to replicate the standard he showed most of 2019 to win it again, so many players have won it without their best all the time. What matters is how good your bad game is.

And remember Trump could very easily have been knocked out first round. He only really started to play his best in the 3rd session v Ding, and from there he never looked back.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Given his talent and the lack of competition, Judd should win at least 4 World Titles. Selby managed to win 3. Even MJW managed to win 3, despite being class of '92. I mean, some people say Judd is playing a higher standard than Hendry and Ronnie, so 4 World Titles would still be a massive underachievement if that's the case.

Postby Wildey

Have to say its the stangest Question any Sport Man has asked about himself..

its up to others to disuss that you just go out and try to win as much as you can.

for me this doesent bode well if hes putting pressure on himself in this way.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:Have to say its the stangest Question any Sport Man has asked about himself..

its up to others to disuss that you just go out and try to win as much as you can.

for me this doesent bode well if hes putting pressure on himself in this way.

It's just Judd being Judd. He always has cared too much what others think.

Postby Acé

Judd is just sounding confident in his abilities, anyone with eyes can see he's dominating the game right now and no one is close to him he's won 6/12 ranking tournaments he's played in, that's half!

Next time he plays at the WC he's not gonna have those nerves because he's not trying to win his 1st WC title anymore, he will blitz through it cuz he will enjoy it this time around