Post a reply

Re: What is the greatest shot in snooker history?

Postby Juddernaut88

Stephen Hendry's blue against Steve Davis in the 1990 UK championship final, it was a risky shot, if he missed it it was game over, he potted it and forced a decider which of course he won :)

Postby Ck147

Probably the snooker Robbo needed to force the black ball decider in the penultimate frame of the 2019 CoC, before going on to win the final frame in style and take the trophy. (Admittedly maybe not the greatest in the whole of snooker history but a great shot at a crucial time in one of the best matches in recent memory.)

Postby Iranu

Williams’ red to start his winning break in the 2018 final springs to mind, as does that last long red to seal it.

Neither the hardest shots ever played (although both also far from easy) but in the context of the pink missed the frame before and how easy it would have been to capitulate, I think each, particularly the opening red were brilliant.

I’ll keep thinking.

Postby Pink Ball

Iranu wrote:Williams’ red to start his winning break in the 2018 final springs to mind, as does that last long red to seal it.

Neither the hardest shots ever played (although both also far from easy) but in the context of the pink missed the frame before and how easy it would have been to capitulate, I think each, particularly the opening red were brilliant.

I’ll keep thinking.

Yeah, great shot that.

Hendry's brown agains White in 1992 was another corker.

Postby Pink Ball

Ck147 wrote:Probably the snooker Robbo needed to force the black ball decider in the penultimate frame of the 2019 CoC, before going on to win the final frame in style and take the trophy. (Admittedly maybe not the greatest in the whole of snooker history but a great shot at a crucial time in one of the best matches in recent memory.)

No that was rubbish.

Postby Pink Ball

Juddernaut88 wrote:Stephen Hendry's blue against Steve Davis in the 1990 UK championship final, it was a risky shot, if he missed it it was game over, he potted it and forced a decider which of course he won :)

Not a bad shout actually.

Not the greatest ever, but a fine shot all the same.

Postby Ck147

Pink Ball wrote:
Ck147 wrote:Probably the snooker Robbo needed to force the black ball decider in the penultimate frame of the 2019 CoC, before going on to win the final frame in style and take the trophy. (Admittedly maybe not the greatest in the whole of snooker history but a great shot at a crucial time in one of the best matches in recent memory.)

No that was rubbish.

Ha ha, i'll admit probably more a crucial shot than great shot, been re-watching that match tonight, great stuff from both Judd and Robbo, one of my favourite matches. I just got carried away!

Postby Andre147

Of the others that have been mentioned...

I'll mention two more... Ronnie's last red on his way to a 147 in the Welsh Final, and also Selby's final black to left middle for the 147 at the UK Champs.

Postby HustleKing

Williams shot against Hawkins in the 2018 WC SF where he sent a red near the black off the top cushion to cannon another red hovering over the right middle pocket. By jingo, what a shot :D

Postby SnookerEd25

That one I played in my last session at the snooker club, when I cut a thin blue into the middle pocket, went in and out of baulk avoiding the yellow and green which were almost touching each other, and clipped the last red off the side cushion to leave it in a pottable position with the frame and match at my mercy.

You’ll just have to take my word for it.

Postby vodkadiet1

I potted all 15 reds off of a break off in the final frame of £5000 money match against a guy I used to work with and at the same time all 6 colours finished right on the lip of each of the 6 pockets. I therefore had an easy run in to clinch the match and I cashed the guy's cheque the following day.

Postby HustleKing

vodkadiet1 wrote:I potted all 15 reds off of a break off in the final frame of £5000 money match against a guy I used to work with and at the same time all 6 colours finished right on the lip of each of the 6 pockets. I therefore had an easy run in to clinch the match and I cashed the guy's cheque the following day.

Cool story bro

Postby HustleKing

Badsnookerplayer wrote:https://www.eurosport.co.uk/snooker/northern-ireland-open/2019-2020/snooker-video-shot-of-the-tournament-trumps-ridiculous-unbelievable-shot-against-higgins_vid1261552/video.shtml

Johnny already posted that shot, unless you're trying to troll Johnny, troll people like me who are getting tired of all the Judd pandering or both

Postby Badsnookerplayer

HustleKing wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:https://www.eurosport.co.uk/snooker/northern-ireland-open/2019-2020/snooker-video-shot-of-the-tournament-trumps-ridiculous-unbelievable-shot-against-higgins_vid1261552/video.shtml

Johnny already posted that shot, unless you're trying to troll Johnny, troll people like me who are getting tired of all the Judd pandering or both

Not trolling or pandering.

Just missed JB's post