Post a reply

Re: The Eurosport and BBC alternative Crucible shows.

Postby SnookerFan

barrysnookerfan1985 wrote:congratulations to the BBC on butchering these highlights seems as if they're on a rush to get to frame 35 as soon as possible, would have liked them to shown more frames than having Hazel constantly interrupting them

It's a fair point. We all know what happened in the last frame.

Okay, we know that Steve went 8-0 ahead, as well. But it'd be good to see some of the second session too. See Taylor come back.

Postby Iranu

Juddernaut88 wrote:Davis is booooo though. I'll be happy for BBC to use Dennis as a commentator.

There’s clearly no sport in the world he loves more than snooker. I imagine he’d be an insightful, knowledgeable and above all succinct commentator

Postby SnookerFan

lhpirnie wrote:Yes, although in 1985 everyone wanted Dennis Taylor to win as the underdog, I'm not sure how many people would think that now looking back. He does come across as a an annoying individual who never goes away.

Oh, he's a nice guy. Good value at exhibitions.

Just his knowledge of the modern game is lacking as a commentator.

Postby Iranu

lhpirnie wrote:
Iranu wrote:Seems Davis would have won if the miss rule was used.

Well it would have been 66-66, a respotted black.

But I think you're being kind. There was a 'deliberate foul' rule, but the referee chose not to enforce it.

I should have been more clear - if it was used as it is today. When Davis had Dennis snookered on the yellow by the pink/green, Dennis missed it by a huge distance. Today that would definitely have been called a miss, rightly or wrongly.

Not sure why it would have been 66-66 because it would have changed the whole complexion of the game and the shots played from then on?

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:
barrysnookerfan1985 wrote:congratulations to the BBC on butchering these highlights seems as if they're on a rush to get to frame 35 as soon as possible, would have liked them to shown more frames than having Hazel constantly interrupting them

It's a fair point. We all know what happened in the last frame.

Okay, we know that Steve went 8-0 ahead, as well. But it'd be good to see some of the second session too. See Taylor come back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Wn58hDQ2-Y

Significantly longer coverage starting in 15minutes. I assume (hope) there will be more coverage of the earlier frames.

Apologies in advance if it is just the final session.