Post a reply

Re: Top 16 player O'Sullivan plans to retire

Postby vodkadiet1

Being hairy is no fun when it starts going grey and you spend ages trying to navigate the black hair to pluck the grey out. And shaving back hair is very time consuming. I would suggest laser treatment.

Postby Andre147

D4P wrote:How many players have retired while being ranked in the top 16...?

Terry Griffiths and Hendry, cant think of anyone else.

Postby Ck147

vodkadiet1 wrote:Being hairy is no fun when it starts going grey and you spend ages trying to navigate the black hair to pluck the grey out. And shaving back hair is very time consuming. I would suggest laser treatment.

I used to get my missus to do mine, given up on it so I get called Chewie now.

Postby vodkadiet1

Ck147 wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:Being hairy is no fun when it starts going grey and you spend ages trying to navigate the black hair to pluck the grey out. And shaving back hair is very time consuming. I would suggest laser treatment.

A real gem your missus. I know a young guy who gets his girlfriend to shave his armpits! Now that is out of order!!

Postby SnookerFan

No disrespect to everything he's gone through, but I think I'm stating the obvious that this retirement plea doesn't mean anything much.

Even if he sticks to it, he's got another six years of playing. And it's hardly massive news that he might not want to play for that much longer in his 50s.

That's if he sticks to his plans of retirement, which he's been threatening to do since he was 19.

Postby SnookerEd25

Andre147 wrote:

Chris Small, possibly, due to his back injury?

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:No disrespect to everything he's gone through, but I think I'm stating the obvious that this retirement plea doesn't mean anything much.

Even if he sticks to it, he's got another six years of playing. And it's hardly massive news that he might not want to play for that much longer in his 50s.

That's if he sticks to his plans of retirement, which he's been threatening to do since he was 19.

I'll be amazed if he lasts six years.

Clickbait title.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:No disrespect to everything he's gone through, but I think I'm stating the obvious that this retirement plea doesn't mean anything much.

Clickbait title.

WHAT!?

It is an accurate title summarising an article I was good enough to put up for you lot.

Postby Alex0paul

Andre147 wrote:

He dry was outside the 16 as had to qualify for 2012 WC

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

Clickbait title.

WHAT!?

It is an accurate title summarising an article I was good enough to put up for you lot.

Yeah, Dan-Cat. You're out of line.

Postby HappyCamper

previously i had assumed that top16 player o'sullivan would never retire and play on until his last breath. so this article was new information for me.

Postby Iranu

vodkadiet1 wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

A real gem your missus. I know a young guy who gets his girlfriend to shave his armpits! Now that is out of order!!

That’s just stupid. Shaving your armpits isn’t that hard.

Postby Andre147

Sauce321 wrote:A few days ago, Ronnie said to Hendry "I want to give it a last go the next 2 seasons and enter many tournaments."

But he also said the same thing to Goldstein the other day... he'll try and play more next seasons to see if it works, because this season it "backfired", as he said.

Besides, he can't go on remaining top player forever... so 50 seems a good time to call it a day. He would have been a pro for more than 30 years, which is more than most ever done.