Post a reply

Re: Michaela Tabb tribute

Postby HustleKing

Iranu wrote:No, she’s not a good referee.

I assume you're referring to the two times she moved the cue ball after players potted a colour? Tbf, those were probably some of the worst mistakes ever by a snooker referee, but I'd still call her good compared to some more notorious referees

Postby Iranu

HustleKing wrote:
Iranu wrote:No, she’s not a good referee.

I assume you're referring to the two times she moved the cue ball after players potted a colour? Tbf, those were probably some of the worst mistakes ever by a snooker referee, but I'd still call her good compared to some more notorious referees

Not just that. Remember when she squealed when Ding hit the wrong ball?

I just generally think she’s overrated as a referee.

Postby HustleKing

Scooper wrote:Willie used to like her

I'm sure her husband's willy still likes her, which is the main thing :evilgrin:

Postby Iranu

Pink Ball wrote:Without wishing to sound disparaging [...]

I don’t believe you.

Postby Ck147

Surprised SF hasn't made a comment, this thread started before his bed time...just.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:Not just that. Remember when she squealed when Ding hit the wrong ball?

I agree that the times she moved the cue balls were bad mistakes, but that squeal wasn't anything really. It didn't distract from play or anything. She squealed after the shot was made. At worst it was slightly unprofessional. Not some huge deal.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:Not just that. Remember when she squealed when Ding hit the wrong ball?

I agree that the times she moved the cue balls were bad mistakes, but that squeal wasn't anything really. It didn't distract from play or anything. She squealed after the shot was made. At worst it was slightly unprofessional. Not some huge deal.

It’s such a basic thing that a ref shouldn’t do, though. I agree the impact wasn’t massive but but it was embarrassing for a top level referee to do that.

Postby mick745

Some of the comments made by the likes of DT in the commentary box were v. sexist. You could almost hear the smutty thoughts going through his head.

Some of the new refs are much more attractive looking than Michaela ever was.

Incidentally does anyone know who the ref in this match is. Dont recognise her:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mJRH2KbK5bU&t=5016s

Postby mick745

And with lots of young female refs now it is very telling none of the bbc commentators comment on their appearance at all. It was different in Michaela's day, eh?