Post a reply

Re: One handed snooker

Postby rekoons

Yes it reminded me of that vid as well.

The fact that it's not just Ronnie or (any modern era pro) but a geezer from almost 100 years ago that can do it amazes me!

Postby Iranu

He cues up with his tip almost as low as Jimmy does!

Postby Badsnookerplayer

I can clear the colours from their spots one handed.

As long as you don't leave the white too near a cushion it is surprisingly easy.

You can actually cue quite effectively.

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I can clear the colours from their spots one handed.

Do you also post as Johnny Bravo?

Postby rekoons

Here I am trying to learn playing snooker with 2 hands, like a three year old toddler learning to ride a bike needs both his hand on the handlebar, and then Badsnookerplayer comes along revealing clearing the colours one handed is surprisingly easy. :hmmm:

:shc:

Pffff, ‘Bad’snookerplayer, my ass…

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:I can clear the colours from their spots one handed.

Do you also post as Johnny Bravo?

:mosh:

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Ha ha - you cheeky scoundrels.

Honestly - try it.
You can start with the white in hand so put it just off straight and pot the yellow into the green hole. Just stun it so it leaves you on the green.

Pot the green into the green hole and run through off the opposite cushion and you will be on the brown into the green pocket again but you obviously need an angle on the brown to stun up or run off one cushion. If you finish straight or worse you will have a nasty corner to corner blue.

Anyway assuming you left an angle it is then just controlling your stun and run shots to leave a nice simple black.

Honestly - it was not a brag. I was surprised that you can cue pretty purely with one hand. I think it is because you have stripped away all of the alignment problems of cueing normally

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:Mike Hawk once made a 147.

Did Ronnie ever make a 147 with one hand?

This decline is worse than we thought.

Postby rekoons

Holden Chinaski wrote:
rekoons wrote:Everyone playing one handed nowadays.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=67&v=frWLB7ZxMNI&feature=emb_logo[/youtube]

Your text to link here...

BUNGKE

FIXED IT :-D

Postby vodkadiet1

I knew a guy who could make a 50 break with his left foot. He was a genius! Although he switched to his right foot when using the rest.

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet1 wrote:I knew a guy who could make a 50 break with his left foot. He was a genius! Although he switched to his right foot when using the rest.

DECLINE!