Post a reply

Re: Very fun video chat between Hendry and Ronnie

Postby Holden Chinaski

Andre147 wrote:They talked about a lot of things, interesting chat.

What about this article:

https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/21/ronnie-o ... -12585711/

I do believe he can win another one, but needs to get his act together at The Crucible and just play his natural game, dont let the pressure get too much to him.

Of course he can win another one. If he puts enough practice in and takes it serious.

Postby Andre147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:I think Ronnie will retire in the next 2-3 years, this possibly could be the reason he will aim to play in many tournaments as possible in the next few years.

Yes - I think he mentioned retirement at some point

rofl

This time though he might be serious. I mean, he's 45 in December, he can't keep forever at the top level, and he knows this.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Andre147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:I think Ronnie will retire in the next 2-3 years, this possibly could be the reason he will aim to play in many tournaments as possible in the next few years.

rofl

This time though he might be serious. I mean, he's 45 in December, he can't keep forever at the top level, and he knows this.

I have a feeling he will win one more and retire on a high.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

rofl

Yes I think so as well.

Postby Iranu

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

rofl

If he wins one more he won’t retire straight away. The pull of equaling the record will be just too strong. He’ll at least defend the title.

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

rofl

If he wins one more he won’t retire straight away. The pull of equaling the record will be just too strong. He’ll at least defend the title.

Yeah if he wins another he should at least try and see if he can win it again.

My honest thought is he might win another, but end his career on 6 and forever behind Hendry. Still, 6 and be the same number as Davis would be remarkable, and the GOAT debate would be interesting, because only 1 behind is much different than 2.

Postby Acé

Yeah I saw it, pretty cool to see 2 GOATS talking like that it's probably the best discussion between 2 snooker players you could have

and I agree I think Ronnie's done in the next 2 seasons, his game has fallen off a cliff after 2 great seasons but he didn't manage to win a WC in those 2 seasons where he was winning 5 tournaments per season, that's jaded him and made him lose some love for the game, you could see it this season.

No matter how impressive your longevity is, father time always catches up just the way sport works

Remains to be seen if he can have a Federer 2017 Wimbledon or a Tiger Woods Masters moment again before retirement

Postby TheRocket

Enjoyed the video chat. And playing as many tournaments as you can before packing in makes a lot sense. Winning one more World title will be the biggest challenge. And I think retirement will come somewhere in the next 3-5 years.

He's no Davis who will accept losing in first rounds just for the sake of enjoying playing Snooker.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Enjoyed the video chat. And playing as many tournaments as you can before packing in makes a lot sense. Winning one more World title will be the biggest challenge. And I think retirement will come somewhere in the next 3-5 years.

He's no Davis who will accept losing in first rounds just for the sake of enjoying playing Snooker.

My only fear is if he goes ahead and does that, he might have brilliant seasons like the last 2, winning 5 tournaments each, but then fall short at the Worlds, either because of lack of motivation or simply doesnt care