Post a reply

Re: 2020 SI World Championship of World Championships SF RES

Postby Acé

lol @ this farce of a result and tournament

lol @ Selby and Higgins being better than Hendry and Ronnie despite less achievements and prime level snooker.

just lol but good thing this isn't reality.

and Selby vs Higgins? that's literally a match made for boomers to watch and get interested by

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Acé wrote:lol @ this farce of a result and tournament

lol @ Selby and Higgins being better than Hendry and Ronnie despite less achievements and prime level snooker.

and Selby vs Higgins? that's literally a match made for boomers to watch and get interested by

It is not saying they are better you dolt.

It was a simulation based on agreed variables and constraints.

And buck off with the boomer rubbish and go deliver some PPE which you have clearly failed with in your NHS 'volunteering'. I expect you only did that so you could get into Lidl early.

Postby Acé

Anyway don't bother replying, I've added you and Pinkball (for laughing at the mockery of me volunteering for the NHS) on my ignore list

insult me, insult my snooker opinions, insult anything I say, fine, but this is personal and I like to help people out in real life and I literally hate anyone who laughs at people volunteering. You'll never understand the joy of actual volunteers like this and frankly it leaves a massive bitter taste in my mouth actually hearing people on this forum mocking me for volunteering.

So bye.

Postby PLtheRef

Acé wrote:lol @ this farce of a result and tournament

Well yes, because it is obviously complete fantasy that someone who has beaten a player 13-5 and 13-4 at the Crucible might just win a match-up between the two.

As well as a player with the edge in World Championship meetings just happening to do the same too in the other Semi-Final

Re: 2020 SI World Championship of World Championships FINAL

Postby PLtheRef

Final Result

Here are the results for the Final of the 2020 World Championship of Championships

Crucible Record - Head to Head
Mark Selby [5] England 20.00% - 30.00% John Higgins [3] Scotland

Both won a World Championship Final against the other, and both knocked the other out in the First Round. Higgins' 2009 quarter-final win in the Decider gives him the edge here in Head to Heads

Match Prediction
Mark Selby [5] England 22.73% - 27.27% John Higgins [3] Scotland

All predictions received were for a Higgins win with a total margin of 12 frames between the two after all predictions were received. - This makes for an interest match outcome, where the match result is more one sided than any of the predictions received.

Percentage Outcome
Mark Selby [5] England 42.73% - 57.27% John Higgins [3] Scotland

Match Result
Mark Selby [5] England 13 - 18 John Higgins [3] Scotland

Many thanks to all who have took part in this predictions contest with a difference over the past few weeks.

Re: 2020 SI World Championship of World Championships SF OPE

Postby Iranu

Acé wrote:
Iranu wrote:In what world is 9-5 a demolition? It’s a convincing victory, yes, but not a demolition. And he didn’t play peak snooker in wither of those matches anyway so by your own criteria he apparently isn’t a great player!

Even if what you say about peaks is true (it isn’t) you’re arguing that Selby is a talentless grinder just because he hasn’t done what the greatest players in the history of the game have done (and Judd who is the 2nd most talented player I’ve ever seen).

You keep saying he needs to grind players down, this isn’t true either! In the 2016 UK final he made three centuries in the last three frames he won and Ronnie made two centuries and an 80 in the last three that he won.

It’s a ridiculous argument. He’s the 6th highest century maker of all time for crying out loud.

You just hate him so you don’t want to say anything positive about him and can’t stand the fact that he’s a good player because you’re a child.

9-5 is a demolition that's not even close to a close match or an average match the Class of 92 were all in their prime in the early 2000s so Williams having those victories over greats like Higgins and Ronnie count, he managed to put in a clinic with an overwhelming scoreline.

Yes exactly, that's what I'm saying he hasn't done what the other greats have. Every great that I've watched has managed to beat him other with a demolition job through peak level snooker, through their own play with an overwhelming scorelines, Selby has never done that he always has to scrape over the line to win.

2016 UK? lol that was a 10-7 scoreline, average/close match. I admit tho that's probably the closest Selby has got to destroying a great in the final he led 7-2 but Ronnie knocked in 5 frames which took away from a demolition job.

I don't like him cuz of his playing style, what's not to understand? There isn't a book that I have to give respect to your God Selby. get over it.

Selby has now officially demolished Ronnie O’Sullivan in a final.