Post a reply

Re: Quiz

Postby Juddernaut88

I got 123/213, I think I should have got at least 30 more, there were so many names I haven't heard of lol.

Postby Alex0paul

162 missed Maguire, Day and Knowles as well known guys

Postby SnookerEd25

Badsnookerplayer wrote:A new quiz to pass some minutes.

https://snookerhq.com/2020/04/08/quiz-w ... p-players/

I wanted hit 150; i got 155

Some of the obvious that I missed :

Steve Davis! (I think I assumed i'd already put him in early...)
Ryan Day
Robert Milkins
Michael Holt
Jack Lisowski

32 of those I missed were in the 21st century, 23 in the last 10 years, and I didn't get any of the debutants of 2017 and only one of last years...

I did get all those who debuted in 77 & 78 though, and if I'd got Steve Davis, it would have been up to and including 1986. I missed Barry West in 87.

Fun though, and killed 20minutes!

Postby Badsnookerplayer

155 is an impressive score.

For some reason I could not get anyone from 1978 (apart from Bill).

Postby SnookerEd25

When I was a kid, I didn't really read kids books. If my dad was putting me to bed i'd make him read things like snooker scene or cue world or any of the many snooker books that were around in the 80s; consequently, i'm a font of knowledge on the tournaments of 77-81 thanks to 'World Snooker with Jack Karnehm' (published 1982) !

Steve Davis, though <doh>

Postby The Ace

I got 20/22. I forgot Chris Small and David Gray.

Postby mick745

13/15 for me. Got Mark Allen's debut year wrong plus the welsh conqueror at the sf stage in 2000, a 50/50 where i chose wrong. At least one other was a lucky guess.

Postby Alex0paul

15/15

A very Irish themed quiz

Postby SnookerEd25

I got question tree right <ok>

Postby Juddernaut88

mick745 wrote:13/15 for me. Got Mark Allen's debut year wrong plus the welsh conqueror at the sf stage in 2000, a 50/50 where i chose wrong. At least one other was a lucky guess.

I got those two wrong as well. Think another I got wrong was about some played who qualified in 1998 and 1999 lost against a former world champion and a future one.

Postby mick745

Juddernaut88 wrote:
mick745 wrote:13/15 for me. Got Mark Allen's debut year wrong plus the welsh conqueror at the sf stage in 2000, a 50/50 where i chose wrong. At least one other was a lucky guess.

I got those two wrong as well. Think another I got wrong was about some played who qualified in 1998 and 1999 lost against a former world champion and a future one.

I think that one was a lucky guess for me.

Postby SnookerFan

Oh, that Joe Swail one was tricky, wasn't it?

Which Welsh player did he lose to? There were two Welsh players in the final that year. :grrr:

I clicked the wrong one, by the way. :emb:

Postby SnookerFan

10/15

Pathetic, from me. I'm ashamed of myself.

Postby rekoons

9/15 :emb:

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:Oh, that Joe Swail one was tricky, wasn't it?

Which Welsh player did he lose to? There were two Welsh players in the final that year. :grrr:

I clicked the wrong one, by the way. :emb:

Looks like we all did...

Postby csprince

SnookerFan wrote:10/15

Pathetic, from me. I'm ashamed of myself.

we're ashamed of you to

Postby Juddernaut88

I got 7/10, few were guesses though, I got the question wrong on Ronnie maximum in 1997 which is a bit careless.

Postby vodkadiet1

Got 8/10. The O'Sullivan maximum record break time and his centuries at The Crucible I got wrong.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Watching an old Who Want's To Be A Millionaire? and the question "What sport is Graeme Dott associated with?" came up. The man asked the audience and 77% went for Snooker.

Postby vodkadiet1

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:Watching an old Who Want's To Be A Millionaire? and the question "What sport is Graeme Dott associated with?" came up. The man asked the audience and 77% went for Snooker.

That was for £500,000.

Postby eraserhead

17/22 for the first one, didn't get Gray or Small. Embarrassed to forget Lee, Carter and Walden.