Post a reply

Re: The Eurosport and BBC alternative Crucible shows.

Postby SnookerEd25

I reckon Knowles could pull it off. Davis been looking shattered of late. Apparently, he was doing a book signing yesterday - hardly ideal preparation...

Postby PLtheRef

SnookerEd25 wrote:I reckon Knowles could pull it off. Davis been looking shattered of late. Apparently, he was doing a book signing yesterday - hardly ideal preparation...

Lost 6-0 in the Highland Masters Semi-Final just a couple of weeks ago too

That said, this is Knowles second appearance. Davis and Griffiths between them have won pretty much everything in sight over the past year or so.

10-5 or 10-6 to Davis I reckon. Even if Knowles had a lead going into the second session, you'd expect Davis to turn it around (as long its not 7-2 or 8-1 or anything ridiculous like that)

Postby PLtheRef

SnookerEd25 wrote:I played it safe at the bookies; a fiver each on Davis, Griffiths or Thorburn to win the tournament.

Easy money.

I just hope Davis and Griffiths get you your cash back. - Thorburn hasn't been in the best of form and has got Jimmy White in the First Round.

Postby SnookerEd25

Wily old campaigner will see off the young buck. Jimmy will be World champ one day, but needs a bit more experience yet. Thorburn will grind him down over 19 frames.

Postby csprince

SnookerFan wrote:
csprince wrote:i'm in that parallel universe again.

No you're not.

Turn on BBC2, you'll be able to watch it.

great british menu is on snooker's on at 3.00.

Postby SnookerFan

csprince wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
csprince wrote:i'm in that parallel universe again.

No you're not.

Turn on BBC2, you'll be able to watch it.

great british menu is on snooker's on at 3.00.

That's right.

I am watching the Eurosport 1 discussion.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:Got the Eurosport show on.

Jimmy White sat in his kitchen. rofl

It was a bit disappointing I thought. The same surface level discussion that comes up all the time about those matches.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Got the Eurosport show on.

Jimmy White sat in his kitchen. rofl

It was a bit disappointing I thought. The same surface level discussion that comes up all the time about those matches.

Yeah, all a bit pointless wasn't it?

Poured myself my first beer in about five weeks and am watching Davis and Knowles.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:When did referees change from saying, “1, [player name]” to, “[player name], 1” at the end of a break?

No idea.

I hate the old fashioned way of not having the live score on the screen during the frame.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:When did referees change from saying, “1, [player name]” to, “[player name], 1” at the end of a break?

No idea.

I hate the old fashioned way of not having the live score on the screen during the frame.

And as if by magic, it appears on screen.