Post a reply

Eurosport televising expert debate.

Postby SnookerFan

From April 18 – May 4, Eurosport, the Home of Snooker, will screen a variety of snooker programming including brand new content and formats ensuring fans don’t miss out despite the postponement of the World Championship season finale.
Using its expert pundits, including five-time World Champion Ronnie O’Sullivan, and depth of archive footage, passionate fans are sure to receive their snooker fix.
Launching on April 18, The Snooker Vodcast is a brand new series hosted by Eurosport snooker presenter Andy Goldstein. Broadcast daily at 2pm, it will feature a selection of debates covering some of the hottest snooker topics as well as player specials with some of the biggest names on the Tour, including Ronnie O’Sullivan, Shaun Murphy and Neil Robertson. Early episodes see legend Jimmy White and Neal Foulds discuss some of the greatest performances in Triple Crown history, as well as Eurosport expert Ronnie O’Sullivan looking back at his idols, rivals and legacy spanning across a career filled with accolades and records.

Shortform highlights will be available on eurosport.co.uk and across Eurosport’s social platforms – with the Snooker Vodcasts also adapted for a brand new audio format, The Break, available on all major podcast platforms including Apple, Android and Spotify.
Eurosport will also introduce You Say, We Play, a format designed to engage fans as they enjoy memorable matches from recent history. Fans will be invited to cast their vote from a selection of matches they want to watch via a daily Twitter poll hosted on @Eurosport_UK. The winning choice will be broadcast each evening at 7pm.

Eurosport will also delve into its archives where viewers can relive classic matches. This includes memorable finals as well as stand-out individual performances across the whole snooker calendar – broadcast daily at 10.00am and 2.30pm.

https://ronnieo147.com/2020/04/16/from- ... f-snooker/

That's Monique's site, by the way.

Re: Eurosport televising expert debate.

Postby SnookerFan

Alex0paul wrote:Phil Yates?

Technically, he is an actual expert. He has an immense statistical knowledge of snooker.

He just also happens to be the world's most gigantic bellend.

Postby csprince

Acé wrote:Gonna be a bit awkward with Ronnie and Murphy, no? or have they patched things up?

they were having a laugh and a joke earlier in the season when they played in a final together shanghai masters i think.

Postby Acé

csprince wrote:
Acé wrote:Gonna be a bit awkward with Ronnie and Murphy, no? or have they patched things up?

they were having a laugh and a joke earlier in the season when they played in a final together shanghai masters i think.

lol really?

Ronnie must be getting old then, as far as I remember I think Murphy was the only player Ronnie truly disliked on the tour but if what you're saying is true then lol yeah Ronnie's aged

Postby csprince

Acé wrote:
csprince wrote:

lol really?

Ronnie must be getting old then, as far as I remember I think Murphy was the only player Ronnie truly disliked on the tour but if what you're saying is true then lol yeah Ronnie's aged

i don't think there ever going to be best friends but they can be civil and murphy only said what a lot of other players probably think or have thought.

Postby Acé

csprince wrote:i don't think there ever going to be best friends but they can be civil and murphy only said what a lot of other players probably think or have thought.

No one likes Murphy

I was watching the Northern ireland 2019 match between him and Ronnie and the crowd was 95% Ronnie, 5% pity

Postby csprince

Acé wrote:
csprince wrote:i don't think there ever going to be best friends but they can be civil and murphy only said what a lot of other players probably think or have thought.

No one likes Murphy

I was watching the Northern ireland 2019 match between him and Ronnie and the crowd was 95% Ronnie, 5% pity

i like murphy he loves snooker is a good ambassador let himself down with the chalk incident against maguire and did something similar against ding but we all make mistake's.

Postby Acé

csprince wrote:
Acé wrote:

No one likes Murphy

i like murphy he loves snooker is a good ambassador let himself down with the chalk incident against maguire and did something similar against ding but we all make mistake's.

yeah despite all his white knighting, being a teacher's pet for World Snooker, he still doesn't get the paying crowd support lol while you have guys like Alex Higgins and Ronnie who just didn't give a F and they managed to prolly garner the most people across their respective eras

Some people just don't need to talk, their actions, aura, charisma (which Murphy severely lacks) etc speak for themselves.

Murphy is a try hard who wanted the same adoration but never got it

Postby Juddernaut88

I like Shaun Murphy too. I went to the Champions and champions final in 2017, it was a great match between Shaum Murphy and Ronnie. In the evening session there were too many annoying Ronnie fan boys sat in front and behind me, When Ronnie missed the green in the 18th frame I shouted out so loudly "COME ON SHAUN" and then when Shaun potted the final black to win the match I shouted "GET IN"

Postby csprince

Acé wrote:
csprince wrote:
Acé wrote:

No one likes Murphy

yeah despite all his white knighting, being a teacher's pet for World Snooker, he still doesn't get the paying crowd support lol while you have guys like Alex Higgins and Ronnie who just didn't give a F and they managed to prolly garner the most people across their respective eras

Some people just don't need to talk, their actions, aura, charisma (which Murphy severely lacks) etc speak for themselves.

Murphy is a try hard who wanted the same adoration but never got it

i disagree with the last line of your reply.i don't think murphy is unpopular with fans apart from some on this forum.has never struck me as wanting to be adored by the public who cares whether he's got charisma or not he's there to play snooker and he's bloody good at it having won the so called triple crown and to come back strongly from last seasons poor performances shows character.

Postby Iranu

csprince wrote:
Acé wrote:
csprince wrote:

lol really?

i don't think there ever going to be best friends but they can be civil and murphy only said what a lot of other players probably think or have thought.

After that, in Northern Ireland, Ronnie was clearly annoyed at comments Murphy made about how Ronnie’s matches were scheduled.

Postby Acé

csprince wrote:i disagree with the last line of your reply.i don't think murphy is unpopular with fans apart from some on this forum.has never struck me as wanting to be adored by the public who cares whether he's got charisma or not he's there to play snooker and he's bloody good at it having won the so called triple crown and to come back strongly from last seasons poor performances shows character.

When has he ever got crowd support against the likes of Judd or Ronnie? They don't even try hard as him to be liked and yeah charisma goes a long way given Snooker is a sport that has a paying crowd behind that table, if it's just about going there to play snooker then get rid of the crowd and the atmosphere and see where the sport goes.

Those people pay money to go watch their fav players and based on who they root tells a lot about the players. I've seen lots of Ronnie/Murphy matches but that NI match the crowd barely even acknowledged his existence, despite being a choir boy for World Snooker.

As I said, some people just have that aura where they don't need to say anything while others try too hard and get nothing

Postby csprince

Acé wrote:
csprince wrote:i disagree with the last line of your reply.i don't think murphy is unpopular with fans apart from some on this forum.has never struck me as wanting to be adored by the public who cares whether he's got charisma or not he's there to play snooker and he's bloody good at it having won the so called triple crown and to come back strongly from last seasons poor performances shows character.

When has he ever got crowd support against the likes of Judd or Ronnie? They don't even try hard as him to be liked and yeah charisma goes a long way given Snooker is a sport that has a paying crowd behind that table, if it's just about going there to play snooker then get rid of the crowd and the atmosphere and see where the sport goes.

Those people pay money to go watch their fav players and based on who they root tells a lot about the players. I've seen lots of Ronnie/Murphy matches but that NI match the crowd barely even acknowledged his existence, despite being a choir boy for World Snooker.

As I said, some people just have that aura where they don't need to say anything while others try too hard and get nothing

put o'sullivan against anyone apart from white in his prime at the masters.and he's gonna get the crowd support big deal why are everyone compared to o sullivan and trump it takes more than two players to create a great sport ding allen murphy robertson williams etc.lets just have o'sullivan vs trump all the time the public will soon get bored.

Postby Iranu

Murphy’s nowhere near as popular as anyone else with his style of play would be. Someone like Robertson is comfortably more popular and I agree that’s at least partly because Murphy’s a ‘try Everything he says seems rehearsed, like a politician.

He’d be a lot more popular if he talked a lot less.

Postby Acé

Iranu wrote:Murphy’s nowhere near as popular as anyone else with his style of play would be. Someone like Robertson is comfortably more popular and I agree that’s at least partly because Murphy’s a ‘try Everything he says seems rehearsed, like a politician.

I can die in peace, some form of agreement between me and you lol

you said it in a nicer way.

Postby Juddernaut88

Murphy is an exciting player in my eyes. I'd say he's also more enjoyable to watch compared to Neil Robertson in my opinion. Murphy is also one of the most down to earth players in the game. He respects the game too. We need more players like that.

Postby Iranu

Acé wrote:
Iranu wrote:Murphy’s nowhere near as popular as anyone else with his style of play would be. Someone like Robertson is comfortably more popular and I agree that’s at least partly because Murphy’s a ‘try Everything he says seems rehearsed, like a politician.

I can die in peace, some form of agreement between me and you lol

you said it in a nicer way.

rofl it was bound to happen at some point.

Murphy’s a pretty exciting player to watch in many ways but his personality makes him hard to root for.

Postby McManusFan

I can't remember which tournament it was, but I do remember Murphy basically apologising for giving Ronnie a hard time during a post match interview.

Postby SnookerFan

I like Shaun Murphy's style of play, and have never been disappointed when I've bought tickets blind and ended up seeing him.

But, his personality can grate. I think a lot of the criticism he gets he brings on himself. He can be quite moralistic, and gives his opinion on things that aren't really any of his business.

Take that incident with Maguire. I mean, he asked the referee to dock his opponent a frame, and then when the referee refused he got the tournament director involved. I know rules are rules, but in a sport that prides itself in gentlemanly conduct on the table that was a douchey thing to do. The referees decision is final at the end of the day, there was no reason to kick off to that degree. Complaining to the referee about your opponent delaying a match by a couple of minutes is up-tight. Going above the referee's head is just an awful thing to do.

You can't even give him the benefit of the doubt saying it was a one time thing. I remember he gave Robertson some hassle for leaving equipment in his dressing room once. And by the time Murphy had finished whining, the referee doing the match had Jan Verhaas run back to the dressing room and retrieve it.

The frustrating thing with Murphy is, I actually want to like him. I'm happy to watch him play, and when he wins he often speaks in a polite manner about his opponent. When he won the Welsh Open this year, he was glowing in praise for Kyren.

I think in some ways, Murphy is a legitimately polite person. But he also tends to think that gives him the right to criticise what others are doing. Which is why so many people are turned off him. And it's not like he has anybody to blame but himself.
Last edited by SnookerFan on 25 Apr 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerEd25

Acé wrote:
No one likes Murphy

That's not true. I have it on reasonably good authority that he is Mark Joyce's mums favourite player <ok>

Postby Cloud Strife

I dont like Murphy at all, he's a fake IMO.

He likes to portray an upstanding, ambassadorial image of himself, only to let himself down by shagging prostitutes in his spare time. So much for being the holy man of snooker.

Also, doesn't help that he sees himself as some sort of voice of snooker, when most people couldn't give a marmite about anything he has to say.

Postby Juddernaut88

At least Murphy has never assaulted a press officer, conceded a match halfway through, turned down a maximum attempt due to prize money being "too small" don't think he's slagged the game off either, he'll play in many tournaments as possible. He doesn't think he's bigger than the game. He doesn't criticse other countries. He doesn't go on about retirement every year.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Alex0paul wrote:https://www.churchtimes.co.uk/articles/2005/29-july/features/shaun-murphy-snooker-world-champion

I wonder if he prays before shagging prostitutes as well? Doesn't mention it in the interview.

Postby Ck147

Juddernaut88 wrote:At least Murphy has never assaulted a press officer, conceded a match halfway through, turned down a maximum attempt due to prize money being "too small" don't think he's slagged the game off either, he'll play in many tournaments as possible. He doesn't think he's bigger than the game. He doesn't criticse other countries. He doesn't go on about retirement every year.

Are you SmurphLuvver88 on that other forum?