Post a reply

Crucible Classics #19

Postby Pink Ball

At number 19 in my countdown is:

19. 2011 Semi-Final: Judd Trump 17-15 Ding Junhui
0-121(102); 110(110)-0; 52-37; 89-38; 50-57; 81(51)-13; 9-65; 74(59)-0; 23-92(91); 66(51)-21; 80-47; 19-72; 20-75(75); 56-67(60); 39-53; 34-71; 0-75(64); 77(61)-0; 83(71)-0; 22-77(77); 76(61)-12; 106(102)-1; 123(123)-0; 0-113(87); 80(74)-31; 89(89)-1; 1-145(138); 53(51)-62; 0-127(119); 59-48; 79(68)-27; 105(105)-29

Match Progress: 0-1, 1-1, 2-1, 3-1, 3-2, 4-2, 4-3, 5-3, 5-4, 6-4, 7-4, 7-5, 7-6, 7-7, 7-8, 7-9, 7-10, 8-10, 9-10, 9-11, 10-11, 11-11, 12-11, 12-12, 13-12, 14-12, 14-13, 14-14, 14-15, 15-15, 16-15, 17-15

What are your memories/observations of this Crucible Classic?

Re: Crucible Classics #19

Postby Alex0paul

Judd’s pathetic handshake after the second session

Postby Juddernaut88

It was a fantastic match between 2 young talents, Judd was 21 and Ding had just turned 24. It's a match that could have gone either way but Judd played very well last few frames. I'm sure many people felt both would win the World Championship, so far only one has.

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut88 wrote:It was a fantastic match between 2 young talents, Judd was 21 and Ding had just turned 24. It's a match that could have gone either way but Judd played very well last few frames. I'm sure many people felt both would win the World Championship, so far only one has.

Was it Ding?

Postby mick745

A match of the highest quality and the closer and more tense it got in the last session the better the standard got.

Ding has won tournaments playing a lot worse than he did in this match but there could only be one winner.

I wonder if the effort used by Trump in this match contributed to his poorer performance in day 2 of the final?

Postby SnookerFan

I was at the final of that year. What a good couple of weeks the 2011 Crucible was.

I ended up having a drink with Roland after the second day. And the girl from the front row who created quite a stir on the forum that year.

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerFan wrote:I was at the final of that year. What a good couple of weeks the 2011 Crucible was.

I ended up having a drink with Roland after the second day. And the girl from the front row who created quite a stir on the forum that year.

What's happened to them?

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut88 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I was at the final of that year. What a good couple of weeks the 2011 Crucible was.

What's happened to them?

What, Roland?

He just stopped posting. He's still on Twitter.

Postby donthittheblue

SnookerFan wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:

What's happened to them?

What, Roland?

His twitter accounts (snookerisland and snookeroland) have been suspended for breaching twitters rules?

Anyone one know what the hell happened here?

Postby Pink Ball

donthittheblue wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:

What's happened to them?

What, Roland?

His twitter accounts (snookerisland and snookeroland) have been suspended for breaching twitters rules?

He was a sock account of a former poster called Coland (RIP).

Postby donthittheblue

Pink Ball wrote:
donthittheblue wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:

What's happened to them?

What, Roland?

I'm confused as to why that would get him banned from twitter?

And why him having a sock account on his own forum would matter at all? I've known loads of admins do it?

Postby Pink Ball

donthittheblue wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
donthittheblue wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:
What's happened to them?

What, Roland?

And why him having a sock account on his own forum would matter at all? I've known loads of admins do it?

pmsl pmsl pmsl pmsl

Postby donthittheblue

Pink Ball wrote:
donthittheblue wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
donthittheblue wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
What, Roland?

pmsl pmsl pmsl pmsl

Did I miss a few things in my enforced absence here?

Genuinely no idea whats so funny? He owns the site, him having a sock account means nothing, I'm more interested in what he did to snake hiss of twitter to the point of being banned on both accounts?

Postby SnookerFan

donthittheblue wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:

What's happened to them?

What, Roland?

He now posts as @pdebdon

Postby donthittheblue

SnookerFan wrote:
donthittheblue wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:

What's happened to them?

What, Roland?

He now posts as @pdebdon

You need to put a warning about the kind of company Peter Ebdon keeps politically on twitter next time you mention his twitter handle, I've just ended up with a bucking migraine fielding them off. Actually on the verge of deleting my twitter account to avoid seeing any more of these idiots.