Post a reply

Crucible Classics #21

Postby Pink Ball

At number 21 in my countdown is:

21. 2012 World Championship Second Round: Ali Carter 13-12 Judd Trump
63-10; 75-47; 0-74; 0-71(70); 0-96(62); 78(72)-34; 93-0; 60-44; 0-129(120); 46-54; 133(112)-0; 36-69; 14-80(80); 17-99(60); 68(54)-37; 0-79(79); 38-75(59); 101(70)-34; 0-96(96); 94(94)-1; 32-76(53); 85(81)-7; 89-10; 81(53)-8; 83-31

Match Progress: 1-0, 2-0, 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, 3-3, 4-3, 5-3, 5-4, 5-5, 6-5, 6-6, 6-7, 6-8, 7-8, 7-9, 7-10, 8-10, 8-11, 9-11, 9-12, 10-12, 11-12, 12-12, 13-12

What are your memories/observations of this Crucible Classic?
Last edited by Pink Ball on 15 Apr 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Crucible Classics #21

Postby Holden Chinaski

I remember this one. Good match. A bit of needle. Carter was getting really frustrated (shocking), especially when Trump knocked in a couple of flukes (shocking) and then fluked a snooker near the end of the match.

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:I remember this one. Good match. A bit of needle. Carter was getting really frustrated (shocking), especially when Trump knocked in a couple of flukes (shocking) and then fluked a snooker near the end of the match.

BSP wants me to remind you that Trump doesn't get a disproportionate amount of flukes, and that Carter doesn't get frustrated any more than anyone else.

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:I remember this one. Good match. A bit of needle. Carter was getting really frustrated (shocking), especially when Trump knocked in a couple of flukes (shocking) and then fluked a snooker near the end of the match.

BSP wants me to remind you that Trump doesn't get a disproportionate amount of flukes, and that Carter doesn't get frustrated any more than anyone else.

:hatoff:

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:

:hatoff:

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:Double hatoff bungke.

That was a bungke?

I assumed that my post was so excellent, that you felt it deserved more than one hat off.

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:

That was a bungke?

I assumed that my post was so excellent, that you felt it deserved more than one hat off.

Postby mick745

Gteat things expected of Trump that year after his "naughty snooker" run to the final the year before. Carter as ever proved a tough nut to crack and a great comeback saw Carter over the line on his way to the final.

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

That was a bungke?

Is that The Toxic Avenger?

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

That was a bungke?

Is that The Toxic Avenger?

I think so. You should know.

Postby SnookerFan

I was just surprised somebody else knew who he was. rofl

I've seen all four of the movies and the musical.

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:I was just surprised somebody else knew who he was. rofl

I've seen all four of the movies and the musical.

There's a musical? pmsl <doh>

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:There's a musical? pmsl <doh>

Don't laugh, it's one of the best things I've ever seen on stage.

It's predominantly an American thing I think, but it has had a few short stays in London.